hunter Pro-C

Old 04-03-2024, 12:59 PM
Default hunter Pro-C

I have the Original Hunter Pro-C irrigation controller , about 10 years old. I have always used three zones in program A. I recently wanted to make some changes and set up program B. I have followed the directions in the ownwers manual and watched tutorials on You-Tube but am unable to get the controller to move to progaram B. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you
Old 04-03-2024, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,448 Times in 2,341 Posts

Be careful what you wish for, I had done this accidentally years ago, and ended up with programs A, B, and C all running, the irrigation bill was huge. If I recall correctly, pressing the PRG button while in the normal run mode allows you to change between the programs, just be sure that ONLY the program you want is selected.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:08 PM
Gold member

I think you have to select a start time in program B for it to work at all.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:46 PM

thank you for your replies, tried both no luck , i'm guessing the "prg" button is malfunctioning. i'm trying to set a program for an area of new sod . might invest in a new controller
Old 04-03-2024, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,448 Times in 2,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
thank you for your replies, tried both no luck , i'm guessing the "prg" button is malfunctioning. i'm trying to set a program for an area of new sod . might invest in a new controller
Why not just add additional days for that specific ZONE on days the normal sprinklers do not run, and remove these when the grass takes?
Old 04-04-2024, 05:11 AM

Reset the controller, different controllers have different ways of doing it. Either find your owners manual or sometimes there are instructions for reset on the back of the door. Resetting wipes out everything and you'll need to reprogram from the start. PM me I can help.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:32 AM
Default Had it serviced?

I had a similar problem. I found out that the tech who serviced my irrigation system reset it so that I couldn't use PRGs B or C. He said that they had so many problems with people using those two programs that they just routinely turned off the access. I had him reprogram mine so that I could access those extra programs.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:32 AM
Veteran member

I sold my new Hunter irrigation controller when I moved in and went with a smart B-Hyve controller. I also added a personal weather station. My controller reads the data off my weather station and waters when and how long each station/zone needs to be ran. When using the old ‘dumb’ irrigation controllers, you will see them running when it’s raining outside.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:37 AM

Check the manual page 34, Hidden Features. I suspect the controller is in "Limited" mode, = A only and 1 start time.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:28 AM

Have you tried the Wand device that inserts into the Hunter control box? It connects via WiFi to an app on your phone. You can then completely control the system from your phone. It is extremely useful in my opinion. It makes operating and adjusting the system very simple.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:51 AM

We ditched the Hunter controller and went with the Rachio3 WiFi controller. The app has a built in weather station to prevent unnecessary watering, easy app navigation and set up, and all controlled by your phone. No more hollering at your spouse to turn on/off the irrigation when you are adjusting the sprinkler heads.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,424 Times in 4,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
We ditched the Hunter controller and went with the Rachio3 WiFi controller. The app has a built in weather station to prevent unnecessary watering, easy app navigation and set up, and all controlled by your phone. No more hollering at your spouse to turn on/off the irrigation when you are adjusting the sprinkler heads.
That's what I use... Easy to set up, easy to monitor, easy to adjust...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-05-2024, 10:18 AM
Default Rachio Cudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
I did too. Easier than the confusing Hunter system. Doesn't need that failure-prone rain sensor connected either. No regrets changing to Rachio.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:36 AM

Replace the Hunter controller with a new Rachio 3 wifi controller. That’s what I did a couple months ago and I’m so glad I did.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
I have the Original Hunter Pro-C irrigation controller , about 10 years old. I have always used three zones in program A. I recently wanted to make some changes and set up program B. I have followed the directions in the ownwers manual and watched tutorials on You-Tube but am unable to get the controller to move to progaram B. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you
Get rid of it and for $99 get a Bhive WiFi controller. You can control everything from your cell phone or tablet or the device. Way better than the Hunter crap.
Money well spent. Setup is very easy!

Tags
hunter, program, pro-c, controller, tutorials

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.