I admit it. I judge a man by the way he looks.

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Platinum member

It's not just tats, I'm also judgemental of people with face piercing, multiple earrings, those nails we all did in the 80's, hunter type camo and that gauging thing.

I'm totally okay with service tattoos.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 PM

I really don't get tongue piercings. Why would you do that?
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
And adding to my post that I will hijack,
A man armed with a pair of brass knuckles was arrested at 2 a.m. Sunday outside City Fire at Lake Sumter Landing Market Square.
2 AM ??????? I thought after 9 PM in TV only the possums were out ?
Whoa, if that's the guy pictured upthread he looks like he smacked himself in the head. Maybe he did the "Should've have a V8" thing.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkmaine View Post
I really don't get tongue piercings. Why would you do that?
They say it enhances (how do I put this?) a picnic in the square.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
First impressions are very, very important to me. This may be wrong and unchristian, but first impressions hang with me a long, long time. If my first impression turns out to be incorrect (and it does) I am still hesitant about the person.

OK, having said all that, I think a lot of people tend to have done stupid things in their youth that catch up with them in the long run. But, if you are going to put a skull and cross bones on your body don't put it on your neck where it is the first thing seen when people (and police, and gang members) meet you - smarten up and put it on the cheek of your backside where only select people will see it!

To me, a skull and cross bones on your neck is an affront to my sensibilities.

I don't apologize for my strong feelings on this matter ...................
If I had put a Skull & Cross Bones on my front side as a youth, My daddy would have shaved my *** and make we walk backwards.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I was just talking to my wife the other day about how you can look at some people and just know they are trouble.

On rare occasions you might find that you are wrong but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

When the OP mentioned a skull tattooed on the neck, I have to ask myself what kind of person would want to look like that? What does he want others to think of him?

My previous wife was a addiction counselor. She always told her clients, if you want people to stop thinking of you as a heroin addict, stop looking like one.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Sage

I think that a lot of people misunderstand the concept of not judging people. I learned that although you shouldn't judge people, you should judge their actions. Is not wrong to judge that murdering someone is wrong and that the person who did it has done a bad thing?

Do good people sometimes do bad things? Sure but they should still pay the price.

Having a skull tattooed on your neck is an action and it speaks volumes about the kind of person you are the the type of image that you want to portray. I don't think that it's wrong to judge in that way.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Platinum member

I wonder what Barbie's Tramp Stamp will look like when she is ready to move to The Villages.

The Villages Florida
Suffering from TV envy
Old 09-29-2014, 04:03 PM

Years ago as a child, my father repeatedly said something to me, that has remained instilled in my brain.

"Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are."

Judgmental? Yes, but it seems he was right.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Sage

I am not a fan of tatoo's. Never believed they enchance, the look of a person.

My son listened to his grandmother, as she told him never to do that, or he and she would have a problem.

I never felt the need to express myself that way. I went to a gym in CT, and one guy had tatoo's so you couldn't see any of his original skin. Nice man, but I didn't think of it as attractive. Same goes for women, who have tatoo's over their whole body. To me, this is a weird way to express oneself but that's just me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Sage

It's a generational thing - most young people today think nothing of it. My daughter has her masters in clinical psychology with a focus on substance abuse. She also has a full sleeve tat that tells a story of Buddha. In her profession it has worked to her advantage 'cause the kids she works with are interested and it opens the spirituality and mindfulness discussion. She has not had an employment issue at this point; however, she is probably in a much more tolerant profession than say Wall Street.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:26 PM

I watch out for tattoo on tears. I was told that means they killed someone.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
I wonder what Barbie's Tramp Stamp will look like when she is ready to move to The Villages.

The Villages Florida
Amazing that even after it got the name "tramp stamp" that girls would still get them.

I remember a student that I had back in the nineties telling me she was so excited because she was finally going to get her tramp stamp that afternoon. I asked her why she wanted to be known as a tramp and she said, "It really doesn't mean anything, it's just cool.

I wonder how many forty year olds there are now that are trying to find ways to have their tramp stamp removed.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

nastyness and bad behavior is not just relegated to the unkempt folks with tats or piercings...

How about the little old lady/little old man that would just as soon run you down in the crosswalk as look at you or the one that cuts you off on the highway and flips you the bird.

We all profile and we are all stereotypically prejudiced.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:42 PM

I don't know how to post the site from our local paper but a man was just sentenced in our local courthouse to three life terms today. His name is Caius Veiovis. If you have a minute to waste on him you might want to check him out. I wonder how someone can slip so far into the dark side.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.