I could not believe my eyes.

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Sage
Default Re: I could not believe my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
The Villages provides 47 Golf Courses, 91 Recreation Centers and 69 Pools. I hear TV also recently provided upgraded play facilities for visiting grandchildren.

The Villages allows two dogs per household. And this is great as pets provide many benefits to seniors. Yet TV has no dog walking areas. Of course pets should not be walked on neighbours' properties!

In spite of welcoming thousands of dogs to TV, the developer has made no provision for 2 or 3 fenced dog parks. I think a few centrally-located dog parks would go a long way to making everyone much happier. And owners would pick up after their dogs, or be reminded by other dog owners to do so.
I pay to take my two dogs daily to Doggie Doo Run Run as do many, many other dog owners. DDRR will eventually close as it is a private dog park and the land is very valuable (backs on a TV golf course). When that happens, the dog "issue" will really ignite.

I'm hoping to join the Pet Lovers Club and get them interested in lobbying the developer for some scrubby parcel of land that can be fenced and donated for a dog park. I will post a reminder prior to the next Pet Lovers Meeting.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Dancing Thyme

Beltlady, I notice my nails sometimes hit the wrong key and I lose what I've typed without even realizing it.

Chuck, Barb is right, just chill. If its something you don't want to read after opening it, just close it. No big deal.

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Dancing Thyme

Count me in Barefoot. Wanna join Pet Loves group as well. and I bet Nonie will too.

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Sage

Hey Talk Host, we gotcha, misleading subject line. :cop:

Perhaps you can change it to "Does TV Need a Dog Park" and then everyone can take turns beating me up for the suggestion! :joke:
Old 12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Veteran member

Could Talk Host be posting provocative, generic subject labels so that more people will open the thread so he can get his number of hits up to his target on this forum before the end of the year?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Administrator

He definitely would not do that.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:06 AM

My dog does her dooty before she leaves her own yard. She might pee on a telephone pole or mailbox on occasion but otherwise, when I tell her, "no yards", she walks right on down the street. She has never, in her 5 years, pooped on someone's property, totally unacceptable.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 AM

I have to say my husband and I have finally had it with neighbors allowing their dogs to relieve themselves on our lawn. The straw that broke the camels back was after living here for two years, suddenly we are finding dog feces on the lawn that these supposedly good neighbors are not picking up. I have now been forced to look like the bad guy by putting signs in my windows telling people to keep their dogs off our lawn. We too own a dog we adopted from the animal shelter about 7 months ago and we will only take her for a walk "after" she has relieved herself on "our" lawn. The thing that really irritates us is the people aren't even walking their dogs for exercise but just walking down the street for their dog to do it's business on someone else's property and then they turn right back and go home! We are very sorry it has come to this but if people do not want to be good neighbors than I guess we can't be. If it continues than the sprinklers will start going off just as the dog is doing it's business!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Gold member

My dog only "uses" our lawn and then goes for a walk.
I will be another voice for the lobbying effort for a Villages dog run.
Great idea BF
Old 12-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci
Could Talk Host be posting provocative, generic subject labels so that more people will open the thread so he can get his number of hits up to his target on this forum before the end of the year?
No, I strive to post uninteresting, run of the mill subject lines so that nobody will read them. It's my policy. Heaven forbid I should ever want anybody to read the threads. Just like newspapers. They never try to come up with tantalizing headlines.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:50 AM

Our last subdivision had nature areas also, as does TV. One large section was approved as a doggie play area and consisted of a dozen acres or so. The dogs ran 'off leash' and played well together. It became a hit as a social time for owners and pets.
I had a corner lot that became a dumping site for dogs, too. That, along with the cat owners letting them run free all day and night in everyones garden in the 'hood' are just a couple more reasons I'm glad to be in TV with a small yard.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
No, I strive to post uninteresting, run of the mill subject lines so that nobody will read them. It's my policy. Heaven forbid I should ever want anybody to read the threads. Just like newspapers. They never try to come up with tantalizing headlines.
I thought so. :joke:
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Gold member

Hi, I wish we had a camera yesterday. An individual let their dog poop and then walked away. I did not see if s/he had a plastic bag or not.

This is the first time we have seen this.

If we get quite a few pictures we could start a thread called "WANTED FOR CLEAN UP DUTY"

Just my thoughts.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Sage

;D Perhaps it should be "Clean Up Doody"!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:09 PM

Hoo, boy, are we now getting testy? Chuck expressed himself. That's OK. I find nothing wrong with Subject title here. I know the feeling about not believing the writer's eyes, since I feel the same way about people walking their dogs on neighbors' property. I go (pardon the pun) with the idea of letting your pet "do his business" on the owner's property, then taking a walk, for exercise. Some dog owners assume it's alright to let their dogs relieve themselves just anywhere, & if they're reasonable, they'll understand if they're asked to refrain. Many reasons mentioned here state our feelings, too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.