I Could Use Your Help

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Default I Could Use Your Help

I write a post card to each of my four grandchildren each week. All of us (especially kids) love receiving mail. I have already sent virtually all the approprite Florida cards I can find.

My need is to obtain a supply of cards regardless of from where they come. I would greatly appreciate help in obtaining postcards. My request for you to pick a a couple of cards in your travels and to forward them to me. I am at 2196 Blackville Drive, The Villages, FL 32162.

Some background -- I wrote a postcard to each of my girls every day they were in college. I didn't miss a day for seven academic years. Many people helped in my obtaining cards. As a matter of fact, without a conscious attempt, my girls received cards from all continents except Antarctica. This practice created many laughs and special moments with my girls and sometimes with their friends.

I would urge you to give it a try.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bob Buckley
Old 04-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: I Could Use Your Help

What a beautiful thing to do.

If I understand you correctly, you're asking for blank postcards, correct? Hope you get a lot.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 AM

Redwitch,

You are correct. I used picture postcards from all over the world. The only criteria are the cards' appropriateness for little ones. I always create a written dialogue with my grandchildren about picture.

Prizmz
Old 04-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

OH how delightful. Our oldest granddaughter is beginning college this fall and we have had the blessing of her living close to us since her birth. I will certainly adopt that idea and begin gathering post cards for you and for us! Thank you so much.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:27 AM

My daughters are long out of college, and on occasion our conversation turns to the fun we had with the postcards. As a matter of fact, while helping my younger daughter clean up her basement, I took a box from a shelf and lost my grip. When it hit the floor the top opened spilling numerous postcards. I asked why she still had the "silly" postcards. She looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Dad they aren't silly."

The practice is definitely very special to the recepient.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM

What a wonderful idea. I'm going to consider doing something like that when we move to TV and I don't have my weekly contact with all the grandkids. You're right, they love getting mail.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Gold member

Fantastic idea.

I am going to adopt a weekly version for my grandkids. I will be "off Campus" for a while this summer and I will gather cards for us both.

Many thanks for a great idea. :bigthumbsup:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.