I got an appt in the Pulix site today.

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Glad you were able to get a time. I spent an hour and a half (they ran out of slots by then) in the Que. Quite frustrating to watch the site refresh every minute, and not get a chance. Wasted time for me.
Maybe next week.......
Old 01-23-2021, 07:38 AM

Thanks for your helpful information. Does Publix offer appointments everyday? Do you just have to check daily?
Old 01-23-2021, 07:40 AM

I had a similar experience on Wednesday, finally getting an appt. at 7:03 up in Northern Ocala after losing 3 appts. But, my shot on wednedday went seamlessly..right on time, no confusion, wait 15 minutes then leave. Second shot scheduled on 2/18. Got a vaccine card..no reaction at all. None of my neighbors were lucky...tough way to start the day.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the helpful message. Does Publix post new appointments everyday? Do you just have to check daily at 6AM?
Old 01-23-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post
I got an appt today. Just some comments that I hope helps.

I was waiting for over an hour with my phone and computer. Both were logged in to the system. My phone got the first hit to make an appointment. My computer never got a hit. Just luck I'm sure.

The screen pops up with a message that I can book an appt. At that time I'm allowed to select a county. You can't select a county while you are in the queue.

I picked Marion and it gave me several stores to pick from. Ocala stores were the closest. I selected one and available times popped up. I selected one.

There were multiple questions that I had to answer about my health and emergency contacts.

Then there was some box to click into agreeing to some kind of policy and then a box stating "that I am not a robot".

Here's where it gets funky. When I did all that I got a message that the time slot I picked was taken. It asked me to schedule another time.

I did that and there was a list of available stores. I picked another one and the process started again. Select time and answer the questions again. I have autofil on my phone so that helped.

I got another message that the time slot was taken. This happened 5-6 times. The last time I just selected the first store in the list so I could save a few seconds.

It worked. The store is in DeLand, but no big deal to me. You get a confirmation # and an email confirming. Also, the second shot was confirmed at the same location.

So hang in there once you get in and keep trying. It was really easy. But I got nervous when I keep getting the message the time was booked. Keep trying.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. We both tried his morning and it stated nothing available, check back at a later date.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:02 AM

We got our first shot at Publix last week. We waited 1 hour on line before getting to sign up. Our first time slot was taken. We then decided to try a few days later, at a late afternoon time. No problem!
Old 01-23-2021, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopic View Post
Thanks for the helpful message. Does Publix post new appointments everyday? Do you just have to check daily at 6AM?
I believe the next Publix opportunity is this coming Wednesday AM at 6.

Our experience was exactly the same as the OP, except that my spouse did not get an appointment. They were all gone by the time we got mine, except for counties up in the panhandle. Too far for us to go. Deland is where I’ll be heading as well, on the 27th

It is unfortunate that if your time is taken after you enter all the info, that you have to reenter it again, instead of just being able to pick another time/location.

Also the site should be able to sign up 2 people at a time, but the Publix site did not. Unless we missed something??
Old 01-23-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default We Knew That!

At my appointment on Thursday I asked my doctor In Ocala what the vaccine situation was up there. He replied that it’s tighter now than initially, but he said that when they were first available he and his partner loaded the entire office staff in three cars and headed for a site. He said they were all in and out within 30 minutes.

When I described the shortages here he replied, ”You people in The Villages are getting screwed.”

But I guess I knew that. The Guv must feel pretty safe with the number of votes he’ll get here.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Somewhere in the information chain and among those in a position to know.....there is information available about how many doses per day are being shipped from the different manufacturers. Based on ramping up before approval discussions in the 4th quarter of 2020, it must certainly be in the millions per day by now (my WAG).

And it is most assuredly known where the doses are being shipped to.......

To have gone for two weeks since GSR has shut down operations or the governors photo op boasting service to TV, with no more information than was available then is totally a mystery....

This is apparently not of interest to the media as they have not been of any help in revealing the problem and where do we go from here.

Everything we see and hear, or not, is leading to a conclusion we are being managed/misled/kept in the dark for some reason.

Warp speed has been allowed to slow to a stop with no explanation to the general public.

I am not intimating any conspiracy type theories. Just advocating the information that we know is available is not being utilized in communicating to the general public.

Are we being had? If so, for what reason?

Desantis and his team of contacts surely cannot stay behind closed doors for much longer without addressing why his promised results have fallen completely flat and what they ARE DOING ABOUT IT!

I can't even say now I feel better after the above rant!
Old 01-23-2021, 09:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We both had appts with the GMR - one for last Tues, another for tomorrow. With the delay now - we will KEEP our standing with them, rather than start up another process with Publix etc. GMR sent out this notice to those with appointments or on the waiting list:
.................................................. .....

The Sumter County Health Department has received 1,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to pick up where Global Medical Response left off when it abruptly closed its vaccination site in The Villages.

Since that time, the health department has been in contact with GMR and has received from them a list of persons that were appointed but did not receive vaccination. Additionally, the health department received 1,000 doses to vaccinate the public that can be applied to service this list,” said Dr. Sanford D. Zelnick, director of the Sumter County Health Department.

These 1,000 doses are intended for those who received an appointment for Saturday, Jan. 16 but were not vaccinated. Appointments will also be scheduled for those who were to be vaccinated on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 17.

The health department will call these individuals to schedule the vaccinations on Friday, Monday and Wednesday.

“Beyond this, as additional doses are received by the health department from the State of Florida, I will continue to vaccinate the GMR appointment list in the chronological order of their scheduled appointment,” Zelnick said.

He added that those already requiring second doses must be given priority over the list of persons needing primary doses to ensure the success of the overall vaccination effort. Second doses will be automatically scheduled and administered by the health department.

“You will receive a vaccination card of that second dose appointment date. No further actions are required by you,” he said.

These vaccinations will take place at the Wildwood Community Center, on 6500 Powell Road (and not at the site where GMR was doing mass vaccination).

Old 01-23-2021, 09:05 AM

I also got in and they do give you times to choose but often by the time you finish all the forms and make you do the pictures where you have to choose fire hydrants or buses in squares and if you are wrong they make you do others, your time slot is taken. It's crazy but you have to keep trying. I finally got an appointment in Marion county by choosing a 5 pm time. It might be a time slot less in demand. Also skip putting in your Medicare number. It works without it and saves a little time. Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:27 AM

Wouldn’t it be nice if the state could have 1 standardized form that could be filled out & saved as a PDF that has all the necessary info so that you can just upload it to any site to receive an appointment. It would surely save a lot of time & frustration during a scheduling process no matter where you are vying for a vaccine appointment.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:34 AM

I tried to get on Publix a few weeks ago. What was the website and what was the phone number please?
Old 01-23-2021, 10:04 AM
Default Both spouses can sign up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
I believe the next Publix opportunity is this coming Wednesday AM at 6.

Our experience was exactly the same as the OP, except that my spouse did not get an appointment. They were all gone by the time we got mine, except for counties up in the panhandle. Too far for us to go. Deland is where I’ll be heading as well, on the 27th

It is unfortunate that if your time is taken after you enter all the info, that you have to reenter it again, instead of just being able to pick another time/location.

Also the site should be able to sign up 2 people at a time, but the Publix site did not. Unless we missed something??
==============================================
Not sure about (2) people signing up at once as we waiting 1 1/2 hours only to see the county fill up. Also wondering if there is any better chance going into the site an hour early or.... wait till it opens at 6am.

Having all kinds of medical problems and have the fear of death worrying about catching this and have tried everything only to be told.... do it yourself scheduling to which I am trying to do. I am glad to learn to be patient but at wits end

Thank you all for an informative info concerning this and not sure I won't to "put it off" until later as my fear of being put on a respirator and cutting my 75 year life short

Wishing you all the best and again Thanks for sharing important help
Closed Thread

Tags
time, message, selected, stores, picked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.