I got lost this morning and discovered a whole new world

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Sage
Default I got lost this morning and discovered a whole new world

I was supposed to meet some friends at a yard sale and got lost in a new part of town I haven't seen.

I ended up at Belle Glade Country Club on Moyer Loop. I walked through the open seating area to the back and was amazed at the view. For as far as the eye can see there were fairways. When I turned my head to the left, even more fairways. Behind the fairways was a huge body of water. I don't how big that is. When you look to the right you can see where the houses will go.

On monday the restaurant will open to the general public. Today was by invitation only. I got a hand out menu too. Lamb Shank with Lentil Stew and Linguine Beef Stir Fry bowl sounds interesting. $17, $16

Next I went to the driving range parking lot and all along the way all you could see was more fairways. I met a pro who was just leaving. He pointed out to me where the 4 new executive courses will go. He said the first exec opens in January and the next one next fall.

This place keeps getting bigger and bigger and better and better.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Better and better yes but I am not so sure bigger is going to be better. I took a cart ride down Morse to check out the new areas. They are huge. I don't know how many more houses they are building but combine it with Fruitland Park and it is humongous. I can only imagine what it will be like when they are all done and the Snow Birds come down for the winter. I would guess that when the snowbirds are not here it will be like when the snowbirds are here before the massive expansion (did that come out right?). With only three town squares and locals also coming more often to the squares and shopping areas it will be like a mini NYC down here. Now before you pounce on me I am not opposed to locals shopping and dining in TV.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:19 PM

Hey Tom:: you forget about me ? The new menu did you check if they will or would make chicken murphy --gotta help me out
Old 10-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Default where is it?

I've been up in N.Y. for the last four months, where is Bell Glen in relation to Sanabel. The last time I was down, I didn't see any large buildings going up near the new courses over by Morse.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:54 PM

I like the idea of more options
Busy makes it good for us
Old 10-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
I've been up in N.Y. for the last four months, where is Bell Glen in relation to Sanabel. The last time I was down, I didn't see any large buildings going up near the new courses over by Morse.
Take Morse south out of Sanibel at the round about go let it's on your right.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
Hey Tom:: you forget about me ? The new menu did you check if they will or would make chicken murphy --gotta help me out
The chef didn't look italian or irish so I didn't ask. I don't chicken murphy is getting the respect it deserves down here. And if they can cook it wrong they will cook it wrong. I think that's called Chicken Murphy's Law.

[ouch]
Old 10-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I was supposed to meet some friends at a yard sale and got lost in a new part of town I haven't seen.

I ended up at Belle Glade Country Club on Moyer Loop. I walked through the open seating area to the back and was amazed at the view. For as far as the eye can see there were fairways. When I turned my head to the left, even more fairways. Behind the fairways was a huge body of water. I don't how big that is. When you look to the right you can see where the houses will go.

On monday the restaurant will open to the general public. Today was by invitation only. I got a hand out menu too. Lamb Shank with Lentil Stew and Linguine Beef Stir Fry bowl sounds interesting. $17, $16

Next I went to the driving range parking lot and all along the way all you could see was more fairways. I met a pro who was just leaving. He pointed out to me where the 4 new executive courses will go. He said the first exec opens in January and the next one next fall.

This place keeps getting bigger and bigger and better and better.
We went for friends and family last night. Our friend got the lamb shank, my hubby got the linguine beef stir fry. Neither one of them left anything on their plate. They both loved the meals !!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.