I just got off the phone with the deed compliance office.

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts
Default Re: I just got off the phone with the deed compliance office.

Thanks chacam,

I am glad those deed restrictions have some teeth. That's important.

Boomer
Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacam
There is indeed an enforcement clause in the declaration of restrictions. It spells out the rights and duties of the home owners as well as the Developer.

And it also includes a lot of other inforrmation that owners should be familiar with. Including dogs.
Can you be specific? What can the Villages do if the restrictions are violated. Such as a political sign in your yard.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 PM

It states in it's entirety:
"All owners shall have the right and duty to prosecute in proceedings at law or in equity against any person or persons violating or attempting to violate any covenants, or reservations, either to prevent him or them from so doing, or to recover damages or any property charges for such violation. The cost of such proceedings, including a reasonable attourney's fee, shall be paid by the party losing said suit. In addition, the Developer shall also have the right but not the duty to enforce any such covenants, conditions or reservations as though Developer were the Owner of the Homesite, including the right to recover reasonable attorney's fees and costs."

Pretty simple and straightforward, huh ? ?

I guess a political sign could be considered a lawn ornament and are prohibited, as well as the little bunny.

Read your covenants.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Veteran member

I live on a street where there were 3 burglaries and my neighbor had a alarm system installed; he can not have the alarm system sign outside, he had to put in a window.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Take a picture of him and post it totv... someone will recognized him and blow the whistle.............. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Gold member

Talk Host, I'm sorry that I can't help you with the problem, but I can commiserate with you. I'm a dog owner who NEVER allows his dog off leash or out of the fenced yard. That's because I respect your right not to have to deal with dogs. You shouldn't have to. But your comment about the bunny on the lanai is hilarious. I'm still sitting here with a grin on my face. Thanks for the levity!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.