I Met Pres George W Bush today

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Gold member
Default I Met Pres George W Bush today

Stood in line from 6.00 am until 10.00 when I finally met George W. Bush in the Sumter Sales Center receiving line. We exchanged "hello's" and I received my autographed copy of his new book. A truly Great Day In The Villages. whoohoooo My friend Bradley received a bear hug and "thank you" from the President, for his service to our country. Beautiful.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

I envy you. Wish I was there and not up north.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:51 PM

I went to the rally this AM and he is a true American. I saw things in him today I never saw when he was president. Truly a great person and a great Patriot.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

Isn't this thread Political?
Old 11-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default You're kidding????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
A former President (not a candidate for anything) visits The Villages, give a great talk - patriotic, funny and moving - and it should be in the political forum?????

It WAS a GREAT DAY in The Villages and IMHO it belongs here.
_
Old 11-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

I met Hillary Clinton in person and she shook my hand and asked about my golf game, after the Democratic party head introduced me as the reigning city golf champion. It was really a thrill as I have so much respect for her. It is always thrilling to meet someone you admire as the Bush fans did today. I hope to meet President Obama some day.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=tpop1;307897]A former President (not a candidate for anything) visits The Villages, give a great talk - patriotic, funny and moving - and it should be in the political forum?????

Yes.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:14 PM

Politics aside --- it was a Great day!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Julie

Well I didn't make it to the square as early as 6:00am. Even so, I had a great spot for the rally, got to meet Dubya AND he even kissed me on the cheek!

And to people concerned about this being a political thread: Rest assured this is NOT a political thread. I've never visited the political part of this discussion forum and do not ever plan on doing so.

P.S. I went to a Bill Clinton rally a number of years ago as well, which may entitle me to be somewhat of an authority on whether or not threads on this forum should be classified as belonging in the political section. More likely it really wouldn't make me any kind of authority at all, but I thought it sounded kinda good anyway.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
As far as I know, Mr. Bush was here promoting his new book so I would guess he was appearing as an author, not a politician. I agree that this thread SHOULD NOT be posted in Political.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We drove up to the parking lot behind the sales center a couple of hours after all the hoopla. Lo and behold, five minutes later out comes Bush with his secret service folks all around, and a local sheriff with a canine corps dog. We clapped and he smiled and he waved at us. Not the same as meeting him, but it still gave us a thrill to see a former president.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Platinum member

I have to ask everyone, regardless of party, political beliefs or anything that even smacks of politicalization of this thread,

Why in h*** does anyone even care?

SWR
Old 11-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Former president spoke in The Villages to promote his new memoir, 'Decision Points'
The Villages Florida
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6436297.story
Old 11-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Taltarzac

Now, I wonder how many purchasers of Bush's book will actually read it?? I have a book by Hillary Clinton called Living History and still have not read it. I did thumb through it looking for the more interesting parts for me but have never read it cover-to-cover.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-13-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Former president spoke in The Villages to promote his new memoir, 'Decision Points'
The Villages Florida
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6436297.story
Great photo! He looks so relaxed and ... so much younger than his last years in office. Sometimes you do have to wonder why anybody would do the job.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.