I Met Pres George W Bush today

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Gold member

I'm doing a mental countdown to the time when these last couple of posts are moved to their rightful location.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Sage

I respect the office and would treat any current or former President with dignity and respect. In connection with my employment, I had opportunities to meet Bill and Hillary Clinton and Jimmy and Rossalyn Carter.

A quick story about the Carters. The occasion was a weekend event sponsored by the Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources for utility executives and their families. A colleague brought his daughter and her friend. The friend, around 13 or 14 years old, was awestruck and nearly in tears at seeing the former President. From across the room, Rossalyn caught glimpse of the girl's awestruck face, walked over and introduce herself. She spoke with the girl for a couple of minutes and once she had put the nervous child at ease, Rossalyn took the child in hand and walked her over to meet the President. President Carter asked about her and her family and gave her his undivided attention.

Unpopular former Presidents are people too.

Last edited by Pturner; 11-16-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 PM

The book is selling well,775,000 copies in the first week.I would buy a copy, but all my extra cash is going toward my next door neighbors favorite charity....................Doctors Without Yachts.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
I'm doing a mental countdown to the time when these last couple of posts are moved to their rightful location.
Agreed. This thread has turned too political and if not moved it will get out of hand.

Newbies here at TOTV don't know about the 'old' days when political battles caused numerous casualties among the members. A lot more civil after moving political on its own.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Default It's not worth alienating friends/neighbors

For those who have not actually lived here yet, one of the things we like most is that the majority of residents we've met have the sense to not discuss religion or politics in the driveway, at the pool or on the street.

It's not worth alienating the uniquely diverse friends/acquaintances with political nagging, accusations, labeling and stereotyping . . which win nobody over to your side anyway.

There are clubs you can join if you want to b*tch about the other party being "all" liars, crooks, etc., and in which you could pass a formal resolution declaring everything wrong to be the other party's fault.

There are hundreds of other interesting and important things to talk about. We don't want the aggravation here.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
The book is selling well,775,000 copies in the first week.I would buy a copy, but all my extra cash is going toward my next door neighbors favorite charity....................Doctors Without Yachts.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:34 PM

Try to add a little humor, especially when i notice a thread going in the wrong direction(politics).Nobody is getting out of here alive, sooooooooooooo lets "love,laugh, and live"

Last edited by kentucky blue; 11-17-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.