Villages Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts
Smile Villages Airport Van

My wife and I have been using the Villages Shuttle for all our arrivals and departures with no problems.It's a great service.
On this trip have decided to go with Villages Airport Van
Our main reason for doing so our last few trips due to flight schedules we would miss the airport shuttle departure by a few minutes thus have to wait an hour till the next shuttle. { I know an hour WOW }
From what i understand is with the Villages Airport Shuttle they schedule your pickup based on your arrival time.
That once you have your luggage just call they are waiting on site
then will proceed to the baggage claim area to pick you up.
I guess my question is has anyone used the Villages Airport Shuttle and have any concerns or issues about their service. Thank you
Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Airport Shuttle

We have used the Airport Shuttle several times. They arrive at your home on time, sometimes early, and you do arrive at your airline drop off on time for your flight. BUT, they pickup throughout The Villages, and when you have a full van you spend some time picking up passengers. On one trip we picked up from the far North end of The Villages to almost 466A at the far South end. Other than that I think it is an excellent service and we would recommend it.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM

My husband has used them twice a month for almost 2 years. Sometimes the ride is longer due to drop offs or pick ups...but he doesn't complain.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Sage

Last time we used them, we waited with other passengers for over an hour at the airport and were told the shuttle was waiting for someone at the other terminal. After we boarded, we went back to the other terminal to pick up the passenger they were waiting for. After we got into TV, the driver seemed unfamiliar with TV. At one point, he was heading for Virginia Trace after dropping off a passenger on Bailey Trail. He turned right on Bailey Trail and drove south all the way to Buena Vista passing St. Charles. He ignored all our pleas to go the other way, even ignoring the advice of the passenger he was supposed to drop off. He then went all the way to Stillwater on Buena Vista even though the passenger lives near the Canal Street rec center. Then, instead of turning left onto Odell to take people to Caroline, he turned right back onto Buena Vista back to Stillwater. When someone mentioned that people know where they live and the best way to get there, he told us we were wrong! It took us almost 3 hours to get home from OIA. This may have been an aberration, but I won't take the chance again.

BTW. Our ride to OIA was fine.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
Last time we used them, we waited with other passengers for over an hour at the airport and were told the shuttle was waiting for someone at the other terminal. After we boarded, we went back to the other terminal to pick up the passenger they were waiting for. After we got into TV, the driver seemed unfamiliar with TV. At one point, he was heading for Virginia Trace after dropping off a passenger on Bailey Trail. He turned right on Bailey Trail and drove south all the way to Buena Vista passing St. Charles. He ignored all our pleas to go the other way, even ignoring the advice of the passenger he was supposed to drop off. He then went all the way to Stillwater on Buena Vista even though the passenger lives near the Canal Street rec center. Then, instead of turning left onto Odell to take people to Caroline, he turned right back onto Buena Vista back to Stillwater. When someone mentioned that people know where they live and the best way to get there, he told us we were wrong! It took us almost 3 hours to get home from OIA. This may have been an aberration, but I won't take the chance again.

are you speaking of the shuttle or the van ?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Sage

I think I was on that van ride. Took 4 hours to get home
Old 04-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
are you speaking of the shuttle or the van ?
Sorry, the van.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

We’ve used The Village Airport Van numerous times to pick up/drop off visiting friends and relatives. So far, all of them have been completely happy with the experience. Perhaps it was just luck (and late-evening flights), but none of them have had to wait at the airport for more than 15 minutes after calling for the Van. And since we live in the southern end of TV, they are usually the first to be dropped off at my house and last to be picked up at my house. My friends and relatives have always visited during the off-season too...so that might make a difference as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Veteran member

Does anyone know of a company that picks up from Sanford airport?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Default Enterprise

We discovered that Enterprise rental cars keep their rate at $75, and since we had 2 people needing a ride, it was basically the same price as the van or shuttle. Our total was $85 as we let them pay for the gas. Enterprise will pick you up at house and take to Lake Sumter where their office is located to get the car, if you need. By using the rental car, we could leave when we wanted.
We are new to TV, and haven't tried the van or shuttle, but have friends who have used the van and had good experiences.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Probably was new. They usually have a Garmin that takes them to wherever they are going. I personally have had good service with them, and have used them at least 15 times
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Veteran member

I have used both services. There is good and bad to both, so it just depends on what is more important to you. The Village shuttle is on time and has a decent schedule, especially since they have just increased the number of runs from the transportation centers. The last time I took the Village Van (not the shuttle), they were 45 minutes late picking me up at my house. By the time we finally made it to the airport after all the stops to pick up the other passengers, I barely made my flight - I had a full 5 minutes to spare after sprinting though the airport. The ride home was about the same - it took forever to get home. It seems I'm the lucky one - the first to get picked up and then have 5-6 more stops before we head to the airport and the last to get dropped off after watching 5-6 people get to their houses before me. Can you tell I'm not a big fan of the Village van?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Probably was new. They usually have a Garmin that takes them to wherever they are going. I personally have had good service with them, and have used them at least 15 times
That was part of the frustration. He had a Garmin. I don't know if he entered addresses in it or just looked at the map. But he apparently trusted the Garmin more than the passengers who knew where they lived and the best way to get there. He also had a small diagram of the entire Villages that he referred to at times. When he turned south out of Pelican Path towards Cane Garden to get to Virginia Trace instead of going towards the Odell circle on Buena Vista and everyone told him he was going the wrong way he insisted that going our way was going to take him to 466A and was the long way. And he was not pleasant in saying it. If he was new, I would think he would accept that people who live here know where they live.

But, like you say, this may an unusual case. Unless I am landing after the hours the Villages Shuttle runs, I am unlikely to use the Van again. My wife insists that she will use anything but the Van, and she usually is most understanding of circumstances.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 PM

My mother used the Van once she stated it can get agrevating waiting for others to get dropped off if your on a schedule. That being said I have flown in 6 times and taken the shuttle each time. Never had one problem with the shuttle drivers are great there clean and plenty of room.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
That was part of the frustration. He had a Garmin. I don't know if he entered addresses in it or just looked at the map. But he apparently trusted the Garmin more than the passengers who knew where they lived and the best way to get there. He also had a small diagram of the entire Villages that he referred to at times. When he turned south out of Pelican Path towards Cane Garden to get to Virginia Trace instead of going towards the Odell circle on Buena Vista and everyone told him he was going the wrong way he insisted that going our way was going to take him to 466A and was the long way. And he was not pleasant in saying it. If he was new, I would think he would accept that people who live here know where they live.

But, like you say, this may an unusual case. Unless I am landing after the hours the Villages Shuttle runs, I am unlikely to use the Van again. My wife insists that she will use anything but the Van, and she usually is most understanding of circumstances.
There goes the tip!!!!!!! hehehehe I understand, but could be a new person or just didn't want to admit he was wrong. I just like the service, because they come to the house, and pick you up at airport. Plus, they schedule for you. We are pretty lucky to have that service here for such a low price. Happy motoring no matter who you choose!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.