I really need some property advice

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Send a message via AIM to LynnDeb
Default Resale

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
My personal advice is to buy a re-sale home in one of the established areas of The Villages. Many advantages include the ability to negotiate price with the seller (new homes cannot be negotiated); much lower bond or no bond at all (this saves thousands of dollars over the time period); no construction work going on around you; good possibility of all sorts of extras being built in without having to add on later; established and mature landscaping; and you know exactly what is built around you without being surprised at a later date.

Most re-sales come with a 1 year complete warranty. Some will talk about a roof needing replacing or water heater needing replacing soon. A home inspector will pick up on that stuff and you have no worry.

Think about it before buying new.

Also, it is very, very important to always used a Villages Property agent AND a Multiple Listing Agent from an outside realty company such as ERA, Century 21, Realty Executives, etc. Neither can show each other's listings. It is no secret so be open to both agents.
We just put a contact on a resale house w low bond
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Also if you buy a home north of 466, you can see the seven grocery stores, the seven churches, five softball fields, two bowling alleys, hospital, plus numerous other stores: Target, Wal-Mart, Bell's, etc., plus many restaurants.

People say that these amenities will come to the new area around SR44. I just hope I live long enough to see them.

We bought a re-sale north of 466. Closed on Halloween. Best decision we ever made. Fully furnished with golf cart and bond already paid. There are some great deals out there right now. Just a matter of preference of what you want. The only bad decision you could make is not buying.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post

We bought a re-sale north of 466. Closed on Halloween. Best decision we ever made. Fully furnished with golf cart and bond already paid. There are some great deals out there right now. Just a matter of preference of what you want. The only bad decision you could make is not buying.
Agree
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 PM

We are in contract also N 466
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Sage

congratulations. I hope everything runs smooth and goes well for you!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Gold member

We decided on a spec because of time constraints. Since we are bringing Steve's folks with us we didn't want to have to wait for a design appointment and then wait for the build. The spec we got is definitely not the one we would have built but it did come with a master bedroom stretch, lanai stretch, granite, under-counter lighting and a great little swimming pool with a wonderful birdcage. We may, as so many people do, decide to build in the future before the build-out..but then again, after the last few weeks of butt busting packing..not so sure I want to do it again!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Sage

This is just one opinion. If the lot is the #1 criteria, then seeing how the views look after that home and all the surrounding homes and landscaping are done is best accomplished by seeing/getting either an already-built new home, or a pre-owned home.

I remember a rather long thread here by Happinow (I think), in which there was great disappointment over their golf or partial golf view being blocked by a neighbor who built later and added barrier landscaping or some such thing that blocked their view and caused friction between neighbors.

Again, this is just an opinion. We didn't put so much priority on the lot as on the village location--in relation to the facilities we like the most i.e. Lake Sumter Landing, Havana and Mallory CC's, etc. And overall, the criteria at the top of our list was the LIFESTYLE and access to our favorite places in TV. I don't know of anybody with an "undesirable" lot in our CYV's. The privacy of the walls on 3 sides eliminates many of the common sources of squabbling between neighbors.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

I wrote the original thread. We decided the property is #1 and have stuck to our original lots and are waiting it out. We are waiting for sections to open and our rep has the numbers of the lots and her finger on the button. If the section(s) we are interested in have not opened by April, we plan to fly down again and take a look around and reassure ourselves that the lots we are interested in are still "the ones". Will also look at pre-owned and specs while there. Keep your fingers crossed my friends on TOTV.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.