I thought I needed a new dryer but I was wrong.

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2023, 11:42 AM
Default I thought I needed a new dryer but I was wrong.

My dryer was taking too long to dry, especially the towels. Sometimes I had to do two cycles so I thought I might need a new dryer although mine is only 3 yrs old. Called my warranty to have it serviced. They came and told me the dryer was fine but I might have too much lint in the vent which they don’t take care of. I searched for reviews and called All Lint Away and It turns out I just had too much lint in my duct work and trap on the roof. I could have had a fire. I watched everything they did and was surprised at how much lint came out. (I attached a picture) I clean the lint every time I do laundry too. Who knew? My dryer and vent are now spotlessly clean and working like brand new. The two guys who came out were courteous, cleaned everything and I will definitely use them next year. I highly recommend All Lint Away. Called Scott 352-470-1691
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2724.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	101424  
Old 11-30-2023, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Up through roof dryer venting IMO bad design for dryer vent. If I had one venting through roof I would clean if out at least once year. By looks of vent tube looks like at least 3” or 4” which if so would at least have good air flow? Don’t really like the 90 degree turn up especially if have one of them cheap plastic flex ducts connected from it to dryer?
Old 11-30-2023, 12:12 PM

I’m from up north and never had it done I guess because it vented to the yard. I don’t like this either. The guys that were here said it should be done yearly because a lot of lint gets caught in the tube. You live and learn I guess. For the price it’s piece of mind and my towels dried on one cycle so that’s a win for me.
Old 11-30-2023, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Just had Scott and Anthony here yesterday. The amount of lint in the dryer vent was just like the picture presented above....amazing.

All Lint Away.....outstanding customer service, efficient and tidy. We are now on their annual list....on my calendar for reminding as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
lint, dryer, called, vent, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.