Robbery at gunpoint in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy Robbery at gunpoint in TV?

Did anyone hear about a robbery at gunpoint a couple of nights ago? My DW is a nurse at The Villages Hospital and all of the other nurses in her department were discussing the robbery of a nurse in the hospital parking lot a couple of nights ago. I've been trying to find information on it but can't find anything online or in the Daily Sun (obviously).

My wife works nights and she is concerned. I guess I can contact Sumter County law enforcement but I was hoping someone on here might have heard something.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages

Last edited by cappyjon431; 12-29-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431;***727
Did anyone hear about a robbery at gunpoint a couple of nights ago? My DW is a nurse at The Villages Hospital and all of the other nurses in her department were discussing the robbery of a nurse in the hospital parking lot a couple of nights ago. I've been trying to find information on it but can't find anything online or in the Daily Sun (obviously).

My wife works nights and she is concerned. I guess I can contact Sumter County law enforcement but I was hoping someone on here might have heard something.
If you wanted to know if it happened you could call Sumter Co.

But.... if you just wanted to bash The Daily Sun and start a nasty rumor
about the community we live in than don't call.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBERO;***759

How would knowing that something like this happened start a nasty rumor about our community? If it did happen then all of us need to know about it so that we can take precautions so that it don't happen again. The Daily Sun should run a story on how to take necessary measures to insure that this don't happen again.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 PM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica;***763
How would knowing that something like this happened start a nasty rumor about our community? If it did happen then all of us need to know about it so that we can take precautions so that it don't happen again. The Daily Sun should run a story on how to take necessary measures to insure that this don't happen again.

You don't have a clue!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Gold member

yes he does......figmo is very astute on this subject!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

So I guess this means you didn't hear anything?

1. Certainly not bashing the Sun. I subscribe, I read it every day, I take it for what it is--a smattering of news off the wire, great info on what is happening in TV, a marketing tool for TV. I don't expect them to run much "bad" news about TV, and I get what I expect. Definitely worth the $.15 a day I pay for the paper.

2. I resent you suggesting that I want to "start a nasty rumor about the community we live in." I live here too and I love it here. Are you suggesting I am lying? Are you suggesting my wife is lying? Are you suggesting her co-workers are lying? I guess it's easy to be a cyber bully behind the anonymity of a computer screen. I simply asked if anyone had any further information on something I had heard, one of the truly nice benefts of TOTV.

3. I don't think there is anything wrong with letting other readers know that there is a potential danger out there. Potential danger. I've always thought it better to err on the side of caution.

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 12-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:

I am only an occasional visitor to The Villages, so I may be off here, but ... isn't the hospital in Lake County?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrgeezer;***776
I am only an occasional visitor to The Villages, so I may be off here, but ... isn't the hospital in Lake County?
Not sure (we just moved here the end of August. I know my Village is in Sumter and my house is exactly 2.3 miles from the hospital), but this is precisely WHY I like to go to TOTV first for information.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Platinum member

cybrgeezer:

No, the hospital is in the very farthest northeast corner of Sumter County. It is very, very close to Lady Lake and Lake County, but is, for sure, in Sumter County.

Not that I'm all that sure it matters, as far as this thread is concerned!?!?

SWR
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431;***774

1. Certainly not bashing the Sun. I subscribe, I read it every day, I take it for what it is--a smattering of news off the wire, great info on what is happening in TV, a marketing tool for TV. I don't expect them to run much "bad" news about TV, and I get what I expect. Definitely worth the $.15 a day I pay for the paper.

2. I resent you suggesting that I want to "start a nasty rumor about the community we live in." I live here too and I love it here. Are you suggesting I am lying? Are you suggesting my wife is lying? Are you suggesting her co-workers are lying? I guess it's easy to be a cyber bully behind the anonymity of a computer screen. I simply asked if anyone had any further information on something I had heard, one of the truly nice benefts of TOTV.

3. I don't think there is anything wrong with letting other readers know that there is a potential danger out there. Potential danger. I've always thought it better to err on the side of caution.
Thanks for the heads up on this cappyjon. I know that the Sun publishes all good news because most of the news from TV is good, but when something that should concern a lot of us is not published we need to know about it. I know it taints the reputation that TV has but come on folks, there is crime most everywhere and TV is probably not immune from it. There's just much less of it. I personally want to know about the not so good stuff that happens. We should never let our guard down totally....
Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
BOMBERO

Quote:

Rumor - "an UNVERIFIED account or explanation of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern"

No, I did not hear anything.

1. It sounded to me like you were bashing The Sun. I don't really care if you do. I pretty much agree with your take on The Sun.

2. I don't believe I suggested you "wanted" to start a rumor (please see definition) I said " if ". And I never said the word LYING about you, your wife or her co-workers. Please don't put words in my mouth and read things with more care.

3. There is always potential danger out there. I hope you're not just learning that.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 PM
BOMBERO

Quote:
You should really stop....you're going to go blind.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I like your avatar. "Dont tread on me"
Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Just discussing this with the family at dinner. Don't you wonder why someone would attempt to rob a nurse getting off the night shift? Most just carry a little lunch money.

I guess they will have to beef up the security in the parking lot at night.
Thank goodness for surveillance cameras.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.