Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
I love and miss them!
There's one on 441 in Mt. Dora!!
Old 09-28-2021, 04:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Turns out there are places like that. You just have to go outside the bubble. There's the Gator Bay Bar and Grille in Leesburg, on the way to Mt. Dora. They have live music, reasonable prices, fried gator and po boys as their specialty foods, karaoke night, burgers and fries, hotdogs and fries, $2.25 domestic drafts, a glass of cola is $1.25, etc. etc.
You can just go to Margarita Republic in Spanish Springs for that. Definitely a dive bat with pool tables. The only thing they don't have is live music on weekends but their DJ is good.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikreb View Post
Indoor pickleball courts.
Something like this !

New pickleball venue Electric Pickle plans to open in Phoenix area
Old 10-05-2021, 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=ibodyWALK;1963257]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
I'd love a microbrewery. Probably would only work in newer areas with the youngest people.

I am moving down in a few weeks and shortly after will begin furthering due diligence and feasibility. Background in all levels of business development makes for an exciting opportunity that’s well timed. The key is location and structure. As the best Brewery's have are less modern with a repurposed atmosphere. Like old multi bay garage with areas to brew, serve and interact.

Will be looking for partners who have all degrees of engagement / investor / working / silent etc.

The World of Beer concept is dated and served it’s time
Old 10-08-2021, 11:41 AM
Location: We have recently purchased a home at 6036 Dijulio in Monarch Grove. We
Default The VA clinic Snack Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve3860 View Post
A friend of mine that retired too young is looking to relocate to the Villages and start some sort of business.

Does anyone have any ideas I can pass by him that would be good here? Something besides the obvious Golf Carts, Golf Clubs. There must be something out there that is missing here that even Amazon can't fill. Think outside the box. Thanks
The Village’s VA clinic used to have a small cafe but it recently closed do to a lack of customers do to the Whuan/COVID crisis.
It might be good for a husband and wife business mainly breakfast and lunch was what they sold along with drinks and snacks. The employees were regular customers along with a few of us Vets. When this supposed crisis is over it could be a good source of income.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:27 AM
Default Hot dog!

I don’t know if they would allow it but I was thinking if a “Hot Dog Cart” by the driving range at Sarasota would make any money?

Does anyone have any ideas I can pass by him that would be good here? Something besides the obvious Golf Carts, Golf Clubs. There must be something out there that is missing here that even Amazon can't fill. Think outside the box. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Old 10-09-2021, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

How about a store that does alterations and repairs? There was such a business in Belleview that recently closed. There are people in the area that do all kinds of alterations, but it seems they operate out of their homes only. Dropping items off at one of the cleaners can take up to 4 weeks for return.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There are many franchise opportunities open in the southern villages such as Jimmy John's, Jersey Mikes, just about any fast food franchise except McDonalds as they are already coming, Dairy Queen, a "real" butcher shop would go over well as would a "real" bakery, a good German restaurant. Notice my suggestions are all food related however we could use a UPS store down here too, Orthopedic doctors that accept Medicare Supplements, and here's the big one, a Primary Care Group made up of MD's, not DO's, that also accept Medicare supplements such as Blue Cross.
Ditto. Primary Doctors trained in the US. A good bakery shop.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:39 PM

Ideas:

TV needs a self-service dog wash. I've got a friend with one in my hometown. He has expanded from five self-service stations in a 4-plex strip mall space to taking over all four bays and a mobile wash van. The 4-plex is now filled with a boarding facility, a training facility, a full service grooming operation with four full time groomers, the original self-service dog wash and a high-quality dog and cat food store. They also offer walk in pet nail trimming. He's making a really good living and has expanded into a second facility for one of his adult kids to run in a neighboring town.

Second idea is lawn sprinkler maintenance. Not installation. Just maintenance. We know guy that does this. He gets referrals from the installation and landscaping companies. It's not cost effective for the sprinkler installation company to come back and maintain their work. Lawn maintenance companies need to be moving on to the next job. This guy comes by appointment, tunes up your system twice year, if desired. When a sprinkler head or control box needs fixing, replacing or adjusting, he does it. There are two basic systems. He carries all the parts for both in a van. It could be expanded to a monthly check up system.

We had a friend that opened a lawn care business after retirement. He ended up selling it because he was too successful. He actually showed up. Half of life is just showing up.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxdog View Post
I don’t know if they would allow it but I was thinking if a “Hot Dog Cart” by the driving range at Sarasota would make any money?

Does anyone have any ideas I can pass by him that would be good here? Something besides the obvious Golf Carts, Golf Clubs. There must be something out there that is missing here that even Amazon can't fill. Think outside the box. Thanks
[/QUOTE]
Nothing in the previous 150+ posts?
Old 10-09-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Nothing in the previous 150+ posts?[/QUOTE]

Except for the new Model Train Store located at 113 N. Main Street in Wildwood that not only sells new and used model trains they also buy used trains and train collections. Everyone that comes in here says the same thing, it's about time someone opened a train store in the area. Nick's Vintage Trains.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:27 AM
Veteran member

From reading posts the last few months... It seems like there is a lack of transportation services withIN the Villages. Maybe a service that gives rides within the community and nearby. This would allow someone to get to a square, shop, community activity, doctor's office, or ride home from hospital, etc..
Old 11-27-2021, 11:24 AM

I noticed. Top Golf was a suggestion. I agree.
After visiting Orlando facility, why not in the villages ?
Old 11-27-2021, 01:33 PM
Veteran member
Default suggestions for new business

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
(while remaining polite!)
I think an alterations shop for clothing would do a good business. The cleaners do alterations, but are costly and take a long time for turn around.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
From reading posts the last few months... It seems like there is a lack of transportation services withIN the Villages. Maybe a service that gives rides within the community and nearby. This would allow someone to get to a square, shop, community activity, doctor's office, or ride home from hospital, etc..
Agree. An essential need, I think, starting now.
Closed Thread

Tags
ideas, golf, villages, business, missing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.