If I could have a dog of my dreams.......

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 PM

We have been cat people for years and currently have some adorable feline companions. Several years ago we added a rescued greyhound to our menagerie. She stayed with us for 12 years before we had to let her pass on at age 14. If we were to do the dog thing again, it would be another greyhound.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Come on FUMAR.......chime in!!!!!
He probably out "recycling" dog poop!

Bill
Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
That's right.....where is TOTV's favorite "dawg lover"....the one and only beloved Fumar????
Maybe he needs a little nudging. Anybody want to go poop on his front entrance?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Lovely pooches. Picture looks like my part of So CA....San Diego County...
Thanks...we're a little north of SD County, in Murrieta.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

Another toy poodle to take the place of our too recently gone toy. As well as being non-shedding and very easy to clean up after, they are so smart that they almost seem to be able to read your mind. I did meet the nicest cavalier king charles spaniel at the driving range the other day. A beautiful and gentle dog!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 PM

After losing our Standard Poodle we thought the next dog would be some time down the road. It would fit under an airline seat and not require any grooming.
We now have a 10 month old Austrailian Labradoodle who will not fit under an airline seat and I have to brush her twice a day.What can I say, it was love at first sight.
I can't remember a time in my life that I didn't have a dog and they have all been special and still hold a place in my heart. I guess the perfect dog is the one you have but the perfect situation would be for all animals to find a forever home.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM

We have two pitbulls, Razor and Spike. They are really nice dogs.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
Thanks...we're a little north of SD County, in Murrieta.
Know it well....we lived in San Marcos. My brother-in-law lives in Murrieta.

My sister had a German Shorthaired Pointer...did I write that correctly? Great dog. Your two are beautiful pooches and I'm sure they enjoy their lives. I detected a smile on their faces...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Veteran member

I just LOVE how devoted everyone is to their dog and their special breed. It's a wonderful thing how diverse taste is and how the dog species has a dog that fits into each household perfectly, be it large or small, active or laid back. I had Great Pyrenees which have been refered to as an Animated Snowdrift since I am young, but alas, as my elderly Pyr is close to the end and I know I will never have another- too much dog and too much attitude for me as I age. I was lucky enough in the 90s to become involved with greyhound rescue which led me to my current greyhound and borzoi. I love the laid back nature of the sighthounds. The way they can sleep most of the day yet run like the wind when allowed to (in a fenced enclosure). The soft gentleness, the sensitivity, the goofiness. I love the size and the way I don't have to bend down to pet them or to train. People say sighthounds aren't smart, but you just have to know them to see that they ARE trainable, just not in the way you train some other breeds. All my dogs have CGC titles and are certified Therapy dogs. For me, I'll stick with my sighthounds although there are MANY breeds I find adorable or intriguing in other people's homes.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM

We have a pug named Lucy because she is such a funny girl and a golden retriever named Sophie. Both were adopted from Craigslist. They are so sweet but clearly the pug is the boss!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Location: Bayfield WI, LaCrosse WI, Pompano Beach FL, Woodbridge VA, Village of Hemingway,

Your question pulled at my heaertstrings and when I saw the breed of dog that you'd choose, I just had to respond!
My heart belongs to my beloved golden retrievers. I have had 5 in the past 20 years, recently losing my last 2 (in profile pic), Autumn in July and Buddy just last month, both were 13 yrs old. They are beautiful, sweet, gentle, loving, playful, loyal, everything you would want in a dog, other than the shedding I miss them!!
We rescued our Buddy from RAGOM, Retrieve A Golden Of Mn 12 yrs ago and he bonded with my son and I instantly. We rescued Autumn from a shelter in WI 11 yrs ago and she too bonded so well with our family. There's just something about their demeanor, that sweet face and those trusting eyes that just capture my heart and always made me smile.
With all dog lovers, we have our favorites, it's a personal choice that ends up being between you and the dog, I think.
If you are thinking about a golden, there are many golden rescues out there and they really work with you at finding that perfect fit. So many dogs at shelters also just waiting for their forever homes.
The best of luck,
Golden1s
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Location: Hong Kong; California; New York; Alabama; Texas; Kansas; Washington, DC; Maryland & TV at St James

Dave & I rescued four Pugs: one for our son called Nicky and three for us - Buster, Lucy and Joey. Our Buster & Lucy passed away last year within three months of each other (they were 13 years old). Joey is the only one left and he will be 13 this April. Pugs are wonderful dogs..loving..stubborn..and pugnacious.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Smile Dream Dogs

I have been a boxer lover all my life it seems...And fell in love with the French Bulldog over 9 yrs ago when we added one to our Boxer Home. We hope to move to TV with both of our 9 yr old girls as soon as our home here in Alabama sells! Look forward to meeting everyone and their beloved Pets!
Ebsmom~
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default I have the dog of my dreams.

Three years ago I rescued my little Bischon Gracie. She is gentle and quiet, doesn't bark hardly at all. She is content to just lay near me unless I ask he if she wants to do something. When I come home she runs over to get me to pet her. When we are getting ready to go out she walks into our bathroom where she stays until we return home. My husband does not like dogs, but he likes her. She is really a doll.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink
Default Soft haired wheaten terrier

We lost our beloved dog, a cockapoo, 4 years ago. If we ever got another dog, it would be a soft haired wheaten terrier...for no other reason than because they are just so darn cute!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.