I'll get the covid vaccine when...

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2021, 09:33 AM

Hallelujah!!!
Old 02-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Default Second Dose sickness

A question for you who had 2nd dose and got sick. I got it yesterday and need to travel down to TV. How long did it take to get sick ( if you did ) after the shot? Some says 24 hours and some says 48 hours. How long did it take to recover enough to drive 10 hours straight?

Cheers!

Last edited by Scbang; 02-26-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-26-2021, 09:41 AM

Isn’t that the equivalent of NOT wearing a seatbelt and hoping that if you yourself drive fairly carefully you’ll never be involved in an accident?
Old 02-26-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
A question for you who had 2nd dose and got sick. I got it yesterday and need to travel down to TV. How long did it take to get sick ( if you did ) after the shot? Some says 24 hours and some says 48 hours. How long did it take to recover enough to drive 10 hours straight?

Cheers!
I have not been vaccinated yet. My son is 26 and had both shots. Sick as a dog for 48 hours after the second one (Moderna). Father in law who's 92 has had both shots and nothing (Pfizer).
Old 02-26-2021, 09:49 AM
Thanked 1,119 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
it becomes available at my doctors office. I'll not be chasing it around the state. To all you that do....kudos.

I'm 67 and my survival rate is above 99%. I've a better chance of falling off a ladder and becoming a vegetable. So I'll stay off of ladders, wear a mask where required, wash my hands frequently, use sanitizer(75% alcohol), avoid crowds out of doors, sneeze and cough into my arm and use ridiculously common sense to be safe.

Best of luck to all.
You are actually thinking for yourself & using common sense! Shame on you :-)

The government could not have designed a better thought control experiment if they tried (or did they?)

Now, the government, media, and terrorism organizations see just how easy it is to get the masses to think and act as one. Read my Invasions of the Body Snatchers article.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-26-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Giving your body proper nutrition including minerals and vitamins that boost the immune system is not "voodoo nutrition crap".

What is voodoo is injecting sh!t into your arm that will NEVER leave your body or turn off. It (rRNA) will continue to cause your own cells to produce these spike proteins causing a immune response. Long after COVID-19 is gone, your body will continue this process. It's not like other vaccines where you've built an immunity and your system is ready in case of future exposure. With this mRNA shot (not a vaccine), your own cells continue to PROVOKE an unnecessary immune response when no threat exists.

Congratulations - you now have an autoimmune disease.

There isn't enough money in the world to pay for the lawsuits when ... dare I say millions ... people come down with all kinds of autoimmune disorders because St. Anthony Fauci said it was safe.

Morons for not being the best advocate for your own body when mortality from COVID is something like 0.3%. Don't even think about telling me to get the shot (not a vaccine) for the sake of other people.
OMG! I have no idea where to begin. I was going to start with what is correct in that post, but alas, couldn't find anything

First of all, 99.9% of people have adequate levels of the essential vitamins and minerals they need. Taking additional supplements serve to give quacks something to do, make profits for vitamin companies, and give the patient expensive urine.

Second, the mRNA in the vaccine is eliminated from the body in 24-48 hours after injection---so much for it going on and on. And yes---it is JUST LIKE other vaccines, you body produces an antibody to the spike protein and is then stored in memory B and T cells. Your cells DO NOT continue to provoke an unnecessary immune response, only mounts an appropriate response when challenged again by the virus.

Some people need to go to immunology 101 class
Old 02-26-2021, 10:05 AM

Received first shot at lake Sumter college Summerville. Half hit drive in and out of the facility within a half hour, no hassle and professionals doing a great job. Driving all over the State no, but a half hour drive no issue
Old 02-26-2021, 10:23 AM

OrangeBlossomBaby- I’m in the Synexus study and joined, I think in Oct or Nov. I received a “shot” but do not know if I had the placebo or the J&J vaccine. So far I’ve received over $500 for my time.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
So do you know you can still get it, spread it to others & are supposed to wear a mask or two & social distance? Did you knowingly you wanted to modify your DNA?
WRONG! It does NOT modify your DNA. More fake news.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhouse View Post
Isn’t that the equivalent of NOT wearing a seatbelt and hoping that if you yourself drive fairly carefully you’ll never be involved in an accident?
Do you wear a helmet and a fireproof suit when you drive your vehicle?
Old 02-26-2021, 11:07 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
OMG! I have no idea where to begin. I was going to start with what is correct in that post, but alas, couldn't find anything

First of all, 99.9% of people have adequate levels of the essential vitamins and minerals they need. Taking additional supplements serve to give quacks something to do, make profits for vitamin companies, and give the patient expensive urine.

Second, the mRNA in the vaccine is eliminated from the body in 24-48 hours after injection---so much for it going on and on. And yes---it is JUST LIKE other vaccines, you body produces an antibody to the spike protein and is then stored in memory B and T cells. Your cells DO NOT continue to provoke an unnecessary immune response, only mounts an appropriate response when challenged again by the virus.

Some people need to go to immunology 101 class
You nailed it. Great response. Nice to see someone with their head on right!
Old 02-26-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage

In the "NEWs" yesterday, it was reported that ALL Publix stores with pharmacies, in Florida will be inoculating with the COVID vaccine. They did not say WHEN this will start. So, for those that have had a hard time scheduling their shots, it looks promising. I guess the OP won't have to wait much longer...........unless difficulty getting the shot was just an excuse.

Whether or not you get the shot(s) probably won't matter much longer. The death rate is going down faster than the infection rate going up. Just my opinion, but I will bet that just about anyone tested with these inferior tests will test positive pretty soon, just by being exposed to the virus spore in some manner, whether they are infected or just carrying. As you can guess, I am not an expert and I am just guessing. Another consideration is that many of the positive count comes from folks that tested positive either by a false reading or a valid one, and then have to come back and get tested again either from their work requirement or just because they are worrying about being contagious. I would be real interested in seeing a legit count where each person is only counted on their first test. I am sure that would be an impossible task.

Disclaimer: I have not had a flu shot in over five decades. I have never had the flu. My yearly blood tests come back perfect (as far as being under the warning level) and I have no doubt that I would shrug off the virus easily. I have had two relatives that have died WITH Covid, and have over a dozen relatives and friends that have had the virus and none of them suffered more than about three or so days. That said, I got my shots along with my wife, because she has many medical issues. Whether or not the virus would affect our lives is a moot point. I researched the vaccines and figure from my layman perspective that these vaccines are safer and better than any produced in my lifetime. Even though, if not for my wife I would not get the vaccine, I did so willingly because I care about her safety. If there are any repercussions down the line from the vaccination, it is worth it if it gives me even one additional day with my spouse.
Your getting or not getting the vaccination will have absolutely no effect on me, so I don't care. You have your reasons for any decision you make and you have to live or die with that reason. I do not make your welfare my business and I do not take responsibility for anyone by my family and friends. You don't like my attitude? That is your problem, don't make it mine.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
You are actually thinking for yourself & using common sense! Shame on you :-)

The government could not have designed a better thought control experiment if they tried (or did they?)

Now, the government, media, and terrorism organizations see just how easy it is to get the masses to think and act as one. Read my Invasions of the Body Snatchers article.

The Villages Florida

ALL of the governments, throughout the world???????????????

To what purpose??

Are you really a nurse?
Old 02-26-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Are you thinking healthcare staff are worried, as opposed to a regular person staying in their house for 11 months.
Can’t imagine that more than a handful of very elderly and very sick people have stayed indoors for 11 months. Beautiful weather and beautiful place to enjoy a nice walk, cart ride, or many activities here 😊
Old 02-26-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Well, whatever. I guess it something everyone needed to know. I’m 67 also and decided to get the shot to up my odds of not getting the virus.

To each their own....
Not saying he won’t get it, as he’s saying that he’s not chasing around the entire state and driving himself nuts when it will readily available in a short time. I agree!
Closed Thread

Tags
hands, vegetable, stay, ladders, wear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.