I’ll wait for an answer...!

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2020, 05:11 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
Is outdoor music allowed or not?
Played golf at Belle Glade this afternoon and finished up about 7:00. Lots of people outside eating with tables spaced. However, there was live music and a singer on the outdoor patio and many people were up dancing and partying just like old times.
No social distancing happening on that dance floor. People might say well just don’t go there or why do you care about what they are doing.
I guess because if they are not social distancing and unknowingly spreading the virus and I end up next to them in the grocery store or at an appointment in an office type situation that’s unavoidable then that’s when their behavior affects the rest of us who are trying to follow the guidelines for staying safe by distancing.
If they were just affecting themselves I say Party On and have at it with each other!
Sadly this is not the case with this virus.
That post did not answer my question! Why were you worried about the people on the dance floor not social distancing, but you were OK with the same people sitting at a table having dinner not social distancing? The point I’m trying to make, which is not easy around here, is that the social distancing rules are ridiculous and ineffective. But because some Talking Heads on television kept repeating that to everyone, nobody stops to think about whether it makes any sense? You can’t hide from this virus or any other virus forever.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because Gator's is not public property.
The Villages owns the property that Gator's rents from them.
The Villages decides what can and cannot be done on its property.
The Villages has decided that public outdoor entertainment is not allowed yet.
Gator's violated that decision.

That's why.
Your reply did not answer my question at all?? I don’t know that music is not allowed anywhere? Don’t think you do either? My question was about the hypocrisy of the so-called social distancing rules?
Old 05-17-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You’re talking to the wrong experts here? It you want answers from somebody in charge?
Well, I don’t think anybody that is so-called in charge can logically answer the question I asked?
Old 05-17-2020, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Because TV owns the property and can make that decision, period.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseppe View Post
Just my opinion, but people of different households should not be sitting at the same table. Otherwise I agree, no different than your other scenario. But just because any given situation seems to violate the guideline does not intone that all other situations that violate should be then be OK.
Well at least you’re one of the only people that sort of answered the question. My point is to point out the hypocrisy and the uselessness of the social distancing rules. 66% of the people that got Covid in New York we’re locked down in their houses. Because some so-called experts use the phrase social distancing enough on television, no one ever stop to think whether it made any sense.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Won't be me. I have no horse in this race. Just commenting on the remarkable lengths people will go to, to justify poor behavior and lack of consideration for humanity in general. And somewhat surprised that the childish attitude comes from supposed senior adults who should know better. "They do it, why can't I?" Seriously? You all never got the "because I'm the mom, that's why" lecture when you were 7?
Maybe, because at 7 years you only had that much experiences. Now adding 65 more years on to that; most people are able to judge for themselves what is best for them. When I am in your house, I comply with your rules and when I am not, I think for myself. You may not like my thinking and that's your right. However, I continue to think for myself weather you choose to object or not.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:32 AM

Are we not smart enough at this age to make our own decisions As to what is safe? If you make the wrong decision the consequences are all yours! You have to live or die with them!
Old 05-17-2020, 05:54 AM

Its still comes back to (everyone has choices to make ) ! We all want a life to live . Make it be the best you can for self , but also remember and THINK about other people as well . Non of us are perfect
Old 05-17-2020, 05:55 AM

If you disagree, have your food and groceries delivered. Do virtual/face time Dr. visits and you never have to leave your house and let others do what they think is right at this point. There most likely be a upward trend in about 1 plus weeks once every thing starts getting back to normal. What will you do if there is no vaccine for 6 more months or longer? We can't stay locked down forever.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Greene View Post
Are we not smart enough at this age to make our own decisions As to what is safe? If you make the wrong decision the consequences are all yours! You have to live or die with them!
It says it all. You are the one caretaker of your life, but you could impact others.
A Dermatologist warns you to wear sunscreen or cover your head in bright sun or you will be back to me to scrape off that cancer from your face and arms. Or please put on your seat belt when you drive the car, and an accident happens and it is fatal to the person with no seat belt. If you take care of yourself, it will impact others. Simple, not hard to understand. Could go on forever with examples of what we would do instinctevly so why it make it so difficult to enjoy our life as it is, for now, it will get better.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:04 AM
Default And yet only 70 Villagers got Covid-19

Out of approximately 120,000 people only about 70 Villagers have been diagnosed with Covid-19. The UF health system announced it has had no admission for Covid-19 in three weeks. There are no Covid-10 patients in any UF hospital at the moment.

What that means to me is the likelihood that I will be sitting within six feet of an infectious individual anywhere in The Villages is low enough that I don't worry about it. If a person is highly vulnerable and/or severely risk adverse, they are free to remain home. But, please give it a rest for the rest of us.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Your reply didn’t answer my question at all. You just come with that silly “I am the mom” and that’s the way it is answer. We are not children and the villages is not our mother. Some of us actually question whether the rules make any sense before we decide to follow them blindly. Some of you don’t
Quote:
Originally Posted by woderfulwendy1 View Post
If you disagree, have your food and groceries delivered. Do virtual/face time Dr. visits and you never have to leave your house and let others do what they think is right at this point. There most likely be a upward trend in about 1 plus weeks once every thing starts getting back to normal. What will you do if there is no vaccine for 6 more months or longer? We can't stay locked down forever.
Well, I can point out some hypocrisies in that also. You order your groceries by phone or online. And by the time they get to your house they have been touched by how many people? There is no question there will be more cases reported because we’re doing more testing. The relevant thing is hospitalization and or mortality’s which is dropping drastically. This virus is not a problem to 95% of the people that get it. I agree that we can’t stay locked down forever. That’s not what human beings do. Ask for a vaccine? Not saying I wouldn’t take it but I would wait at least a year to see what kind of issues might arise from it?
Old 05-17-2020, 06:09 AM

Thank you for your response. Never seen such childish behavior, except from children.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danglanzsr View Post
Out of approximately 120,000 people only about 70 Villagers have been diagnosed with Covid-19. The UF health system announced it has had no admission for Covid-19 in three weeks. There are no Covid-10 patients in any UF hospital at the moment.

What that means to me is the likelihood that I will be sitting within six feet of an infectious individual anywhere in The Villages is low enough that I don't worry about it. If a person is highly vulnerable and/or severely risk adverse, they are free to remain home. But, please give it a rest for the rest of us.
Exactly!
Old 05-17-2020, 06:13 AM

The phrase Social Distancing is becoming OBNOXIOUS . People are gregarious by nature and if this is how life is going to be until there is a cure, it is going to be a pretty sad commentary. We are in the home stretch here , for those of who think you are going to live forever, have fun sitting your house social distancing with your masks on. I want to enjoy what time I have left on this earth.There is no proven science to this lockdown. You can’t say we are pulling through this because of the so called rules. The experts predicted hundreds of thousands would die even with the lockdown. I’m over it.As for the complainers, sounds like their are too many Golf Cart Ladies in TV. You know the social justice warriors who have their nose in everyones business. If your afraid stay home leave the rest of us alone.
Closed Thread

Tags
tables, people, social, feet, distancing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.