Comcast Dual Problem Resolution

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Platinum member
Default Comcast Dual Problem Resolution

Had two problems related to Comcast this week.

First problem was technical. Phoned Comcast and was soon speaking with a rep. She led me through some steps and we finally found the problem. It was the cable between the wall outlet and the DVR. Easy fix.

Second problem was billing. Phoned Comcast and was soon talking to a rep. We discussed the problem and she referred me to a customer relations rep. After a short conversation the problem was resolved to my complete satisfaction.

The customer relations rep was a pleasure to deal with. She was pleasant, knowledgeable, professional and even witty.

Based on all of the negative comments I have heard here and elsewhere I can't help but wonder if they got the message and are trying to polish their tarnished image.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 PM

I also had great customer service twice in the same day. First i called to get a better rate. I was very happy with the outcome. Then i called to have a new cable modem that i bought activated. The technician got it up and running quickly. My internet speed doubled with the new modem. I am very happy with Comcast.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

That's great news��
Old 11-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Veteran member

Yes, that is good news! I like the Comcast services but not their customer service. More and more companies like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hula are threatening Comcast's market share. Finally.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The line between internet access and "TV" will continue to blur. Comcast, as an internet provider, will still make money on those who choose to only use them for internet access. I look forward to the day that "cord cutting" forces/nudges a new pricing model where you can choose to pay for only what you want to watch as opposed to $100+/month cable/satellite packages of 250+ stations, most of which you never watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Yes, that is good news! I like the Comcast services but not their customer service. More and more companies like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hula are threatening Comcast's market share. Finally.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post

First problem was technical. Phoned Comcast and was soon speaking with a rep. She led me through some steps and we finally found the problem. It was the cable between the wall outlet and the DVR. Easy fix.

Second problem was billing. Phoned Comcast and was soon talking to a rep. We discussed the problem and she referred me to a customer relations rep. After a short conversation the problem was resolved to my complete satisfaction.

The customer relations rep was a pleasure to deal with. She was pleasant, knowledgeable, professional and even witty.

Based on all of the negative comments I have heard here and elsewhere I can't help but wonder if they got the message and are trying to polish their tarnished image.

WOW! That is unbelievable since I just spent over 3 HOURS over 2 days trying to talk to a real person with Comcast that could explain to me why our bill had gone up over 16% within the last 3 months and over 34% just this year!.

I finally got a reduction in the bill [about $50 per month] but it took 3 hours of my life away and all my patience to get it. I had to commit to a 2 year contract to get it so I hope it is worth it.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:43 PM

On a related front, Areo, which would have provided broadcast TV over the internet at a very low price, filed Chapter 11 today, after an adverse ruling by the US Supreme Court a few months ago. Too bad.

We cut the cord about a year ago, and make due with Netflix, Hulu and other stuff we stream off the internet. It is okay for us.

Very annoying that the major networks stream their product over the internet for their customers that subscribe to their product through a third party like Comcast or DirectTV, but refuse to offer their product directly to consumers.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Next time you need customer service from Comcast, try their on-line chat. No need to waste time on the phone, and no problems with foreign accents. I have had much better results with this feature.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:31 PM

You have to call the cancellation department to get the good rates. I just told them that i thought i was paying to much and they gave me a way better deal. I was nice to her she was nice to me and gave me a couple options. I chose the best for me and i am happy.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,172 Times in 441 Posts
Default I feel your pain

You might want to keep that pleasant customer service rep. on speed dial because billing problems will never go away! If I could find an internet service in my area, I would be rid of Comcast forever, oh happy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post

Old 11-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The major networks are available for no cost via an over-the-air antenna. We get CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC and others out of Orlando in uncompressed HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
On a related front, Areo, which would have provided broadcast TV over the internet at a very low price, filed Chapter 11 today, after an adverse ruling by the US Supreme Court a few months ago. Too bad.

We cut the cord about a year ago, and make due with Netflix, Hulu and other stuff we stream off the internet. It is okay for us.

Very annoying that the major networks stream their product over the internet for their customers that subscribe to their product through a third party like Comcast or DirectTV, but refuse to offer their product directly to consumers.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 PM

Please clarify, even with competition with NETFLIX, Hula, etc. how do you get internet without COMCAST, DISH,etc?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM

We want to be just like YOU and cut the CORD, but don't know HOW? HELP <> moving to MALLORY SQUARE in a couple of weeks.
Thank you
Old 03-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We want to be just like YOU and cut the CORD, but don't know HOW? HELP <> moving to MALLORY SQUARE in a couple of weeks.
Thank you

Me too don't undestand cutting the cord. My modem is also my router and controls my telephone, television and internet. The only complaint I have is with the bundling service with TV the fact that a customer has to rent their equipment and the fact that their on demand TV Service they have been disabling the fast forward and forcing me to watch commercials. Keep in mind I can only DVR two shows at a time and I refuse to upgrade until they begin better product offerings
Old 03-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You still need to pay somebody for internet access. In our case it is CenturyLink. We just don't pay extra for their TV service. Netflix, Hulu+ and other services stream video through the internet access. We pay $8/month for Netflix. We get the local network affiliates (CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox plus others) for no cost with an over-the-air antenna mounted in the attic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLWinn View Post
Please clarify, even with competition with NETFLIX, Hula, etc. how do you get internet without COMCAST, DISH,etc?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.