I’m Over It!

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 08:57 AM

You go, I agree with you. Let people be people.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Gold member
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Dunning-Kruger Effect?
Your use of the Dunning-Kruger Effect caused me to look it up. I now learned something.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
You really don't get why you're labeled entitled? Just go for a ride and look around. Take a good hard look.

I see people not giving a s #^& about the guidelines trying to keep us all safe. Sure golf courses are open but I'm seeing two to a cart sitting on top of each other. I drove through Sumter Landing earlier this week and there were nearly 20 people under the canopies at the top of the boardwalk all close together another half dozen or so sitting within a foot or so of each other by the radio station.

Then I looked to the square were there were several groups congregating and having a good old time. Some were even using the plastic chairs set out by The Villages. You do know the virus lives on plastic and metal right?

Then as I drove up past Red Sauce and City Fire there was a group of four tailgating, tables, chairs a little wine and cheese party.

This is why the the entitled label is thrown around because many feel the rules do not apply to them. The longer people keep doing this and creating potential exposures to the virus the longer we will be in this situation.

I'm not thrilled about being at home all the time but I'm trying to do my part. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Well said! Thank you for presenting your observations of noncompliant thoughtless behavior by "the entitled" that ultimately puts others at risk.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-03-2020, 09:12 AM

What is with these people who cannot or will not obey the rules to protect everyone?
Old 04-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

I think it is because things like the block parties all week last week, the on going pickle ball games, the gathering of 15 golfers standing in front of Lopez, the tennis ladies gathering everyday, the way they just walk of the curb without looking and the attitude that they forget that they once worked for a living.....is where the “entitlement” comments come from. Don’t get me wrong there are wonderful giving people here some of the best people I have ever met......it like too much salt in the stew where you just can’t get passed the taste to eat the pot of stew.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

wow

When I posted early in this thread, saying, “Dunning-Kruger Effect,” I thought the OP was talking about those people who refuse to stay put during these surreal times. Their behavior creeps me out.

Also creeping me out is the thinking of some who believe they are “entitled” to know the home addresses of Villagers who have the virus.

I wish I had never looked at this thread.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:22 AM

Just ignore it. the term is not accurate and is not worthy of concern. you know what they say about opinions.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Gilbert View Post
does anyone know if there is a website that discloses the addresses of those unfortunate folks who had had the virus, or better yet, those who currently have it.
Surely you aren't serious? You are aren't you.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
So......what would you like to call those who do not adhere to the guidelines? Think of another word other than "entitled". OK.....GO!!!
RIGHT or WRONG:

Free thinkers, non lemmings, lacking in herd mentality, those who think for themselves … regardless of what anyone else thinks, free men, and (drum roll, please) people who have to venture out to earn a living/keep their businesses viable, in spite of edicts issued by politicians who occasionally might have the publics' interest in mind if it corresponds with "the agenda". Everyone else can just stay six feet away from them and "wash your hands"

Malibu paddleboarder arrested for violating stay-at-home order | Fox News

Fred
Old 04-03-2020, 10:48 AM

You people are like a pack of jackals turning on them self. You can't fix stupid
Old 04-03-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane reynolds View Post
When I think of myself, I am privileged by skin color ---white, and education, and having great parents. Many times those who are privileged, instead of being grateful for their privilege and giving to those in lesser circumstances, take the leap toward entitlement. Like "I deserve (whatever) because I have worked hard." However, what these folks do not acknowledge is the fact that being a male, white, heterosexual, Christian, tall, well educated has opened doors they knew nothing about.
Sorry but being a male, white, heterosexual, Christian, is more likely to get one persecuted these days than "open doors" that you speak of. And, to add salt to the wound, most of those doors have been "constructed" by the very ones who are now being "shut out" Not sure how "tall" opens any doors unless the door handle is near the top of the door

Fred
Old 04-03-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis s View Post
Yes entitled is a great word for the Villagers. They also dont care about playing with peaoples lives or theirs. Why would i have a service call at this time because my light is out in my refrigerator or in my microwave or my ref. is making noise, my dishwasher does not clean properly. Really so that is worth having a tech out to your home that has been to maybe 10 other homes oh yes they are taking protective steps like they wear gloves it might be tha same gloves they have been wearing for the entire day because their company is not supplying them. Wake up and get a Life...
Totally agree. Yesterday I didn’t like the way my dishwasher cleaned the load. Got on my hands and knees with the light from my cellphone started looking around. The bottom of the dishwasher to say the least didn’t look so good SO I googled how to clean the model I have.
FOUND IT. step by step gotta say disgusting job (NEVER owned a dishwasher before) cleaning it and disinfecting it took longer than taking it apart and putting it together.
Most of these jobs can be competed with a little research, don’t even need any know how
Just saying, better than having outsiders in house right now
Old 04-03-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
wow

When I posted early in this thread, saying, “Dunning-Kruger Effect,” I thought the OP was talking about those people who refuse to stay put during these surreal times. Their behavior creeps me out.

Also creeping me out is the thinking of some who believe they are “entitled” to know the home addresses of Villagers who have the virus.

I wish I had never looked at this thread.
Many would think as I did, that the poster was wondering if the person who got sick lived on his street or the one over and wondered if he or his wife might have been exposed before we all knew what we know now. People are worried. I don't think the OP was wondering where the case was out of meanness, or pointing the person out like they were a "leper" but just wondering if they came to his woodworking shop or his wife's painting class. People are scared and this is just part of it. Wondering when it will happen to us or our near neighbors and friends. Boomer I know you value anonymity but many of us are not afraid to say who they are. If we got it, I would tell I had it and where I lived. Just out of information and kindness.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:32 AM

I love you Plato quote ... as long as we recall that most of what Plato wrote was the words of his mentor, Socrates. Even his "Republic" is a rendition of conversations Socrates was having with his students .. Glaucoma and someone else. Take another look at the Allegory of the Cave (Plato's Republic ... Socrates conversation).
Old 04-03-2020, 11:34 AM

IF you do not want to label people who are congregating without regard for spreading the virus .. the same people who forced the closure of the pools ... do you want to just assume they are "low IQ" people who believe the president? What's wrong with "entitled" or "inconsiderate" ... seems pretty polite to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
agree, entitled, make, time, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.