Increases coming to CDD?

Old 03-19-2024, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwoodrick View Post
Food for thought.....

What do you do when your Deed Restrictions expire? Not all live in new Neighborhoods.
Zoning Laws however don't expire but must be amended for change.

(Taken from a Google Search)

"What is the 30 year deed restriction in Florida?"

"Certain states, including Florida, have adopted the 1956 Marketable Record Title Act, which says that deed restrictions expire within 30 years of inception. That means after 30 years, a homeowners' association is technically unable to enforce the rules and can no longer collect monthly dues from community homeowners."
The Villages was organized into a CDD type government in 1992 - 32 years ago. Does this mean I don't have to submit to the ARC anymore ?
Old 03-19-2024, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
What happens if you’re a Mormon with multiple wives ??
Let me ask my next door neighbor if he has ever had a problem.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Agree with enforcement of deed restrictions as long as they are applied equally and uniformly. There is way too much selective enforcement in T V.

The Developer granting permission to certain homeowners for certain things prior to transfer of villages to T V which are against ARC deed restrictions should result in suits against the Developer. No special violations of ARC rules in exchange for back door $$ to the developer to build them in. Ie: rv garages put in as "cabanas", additional out buildings being built that look like used furniture store fronts or backyards of rocks approved by the Developer not ARC as seen up north.

Relative to renting rooms: If a person resides in their home with a person renting a single room the arrangement does not require a business license from the State of Florida. This arrange per sa does not classify as a short term rental the same way as when entire dwelling is used as a short term rental which does require FL business license.
I suspect all the homes in the Villages are zoned single family, so if you are renting room(s) to other than immediate family that would be an issue. Regardless of deed restrictions, zoning is zoning.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justputt View Post
I suspect all the homes in the Villages are zoned single family, so if you are renting room(s) to other than immediate family that would be an issue. Regardless of deed restrictions, zoning is zoning.
That is not accurate. The majority of homes in TV are in a "Residential" zoning district and most have been the subject of a Site Plan Permit of one sort or another.

There's hardly a jurisdiction in the entire United States, that would consider the renting out of a "room" to a boarder, would be considered a violation of zoning in a Single Family Zoning District. That's tantamount to saying, if you charged your 22 year old child for "room & board", it would make his occupancy illegal. Not likely.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
As much as some would like it to be, hosting a guest for a night/week/month is not a violation of the deed restrictions in most areas (there is always an exception). It is not running a business out of the home, particularly not a business requiring inventory or customer visits, and it does not violate the single-family clause. It simply doesn’t.

EDIT: I cannot find any "single-family clause" in my deed restrictions. It isn't being violated anyway, but it doesn't seem to exist.
That is for a court to decide but I think you are wrong. If you are renting a room out in your house, you need a business license, therefore, it is a business.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
That is for a court to decide but I think you are wrong. If you are renting a room out in your house, you need a business license, therefore, it is a business.
Even if it was a business, since it is not a business in the home storing inventory or involving customer visits then it is not a deed violation.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-19-2024, 09:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
If you are renting a room out in your house, you need a business license, therefore, it is a business.

Categorically incorrect.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Where does the Developer derive the right to drop enforcement, onto the CDD's?

I assume the Developer has the right to assign his enforcement rights to whomever he wishes, but it seems the Assignee would have to affirmatively accept them?

I haven't read all that many TV deeds, so that's a question, not an assertion.
Pretty sure I read the CDD concerned approached the Developer to take over the enforcement.
Not the Developer dumping it on the CDD.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
If the home is being used as an AirBnB then tax is due. If it has not been collected in the past then perhaps the new bill will change that.

Renting the home is certainly a business activity. However, renting a home does not mean business is being conducted in the home. The activities being conducted in the home are eating, sleeping, cooking, and cleaning. These are the exact same activities that are conducted in my home and 70,000+ other homes in the Villages.

Further, even if the owner sat in the kitchen and accepted payment such that business activity was occurring in the home, it would still not be a violation of the deed restrictions. The deed restrictions prohibit business activity that involves maintaining inventory or customer visits. The sofa and kitchen table in the airBnB is no more inventory than the sofa and kitchen table in my home. The people sitting on the sofa and eating at the kitchen table are not customers visiting a business, they are guests performing the normal activities conducted in a home: eating, sleeping, cooking, and cleaning.

What some seem to want is for local government to pass a law prohibiting an owner from renting his home or a law mandating a minimum duration of a stay. (Un)fortunately, Florida law does not allow a local government to pass such a law.
That Florida law has a date of enforcement on it and some homes in the Northern section don't fall under that Florida law.

2/3 of my CYV block is STR and has totally lost any neighborhood feel. It's more like a resort or time share than a community.

It's chasing year round residents out and more STR in which the whole block will eventually be 100% STR.

How is it condominiums in Florida are able to implement restrictions on STR but not TV?
Old 03-19-2024, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
Developer ready to hand off enforcement of rules against children and businesses. CDDs will need more money for legal fees to accomplish.....per The Village News.
So when do you think CDDs will not need more money? IMO 5 or so years us lower income population in villages will have to on move and higher income will be plucked like chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A

Last edited by Topspinmo; 03-19-2024 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Pretty sure I read the CDD concerned approached the Developer to take over the enforcement.
Not the Developer dumping it on the CDD.
When you don’t do nothing you don’t have to dump you look for way out.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Categorically incorrect.
Agree falls under slumlords
Old 03-19-2024, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
That is not accurate. The majority of homes in TV are in a "Residential" zoning district and most have been the subject of a Site Plan Permit of one sort or another.

There's hardly a jurisdiction in the entire United States, that would consider the renting out of a "room" to a boarder, would be considered a violation of zoning in a Single Family Zoning District. That's tantamount to saying, if you charged your 22 year old child for "room & board", it would make his occupancy illegal. Not likely.
Once sale about anything goes and sometimes before sale
Old 03-19-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The post I responded to was positing that there should be some way to prevent people from renting rooms WHILE LIVING THERE AT THE SAME TIME. That constitutes "something other than single family residence."
So you're saying that an owner cannot take a roommate??? Thats a little too strict.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robojo View Post
So you're saying that an owner cannot take a roommate??? Thats a little too strict.

Just call them you live in mate, there no limit

Tags
increases, cdds, village, accomplish, fees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.