Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2022, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
First Post.
Welcome to ToTV.

Could be more money, could be less money, could be the same money.

With change, comes change and the definition of better vs. worse varies.

Why am I always suspicious of new posters? I’m always trying to guess who they were before they got banned.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-30-2022, 09:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Why am I always suspicious of new posters? I’m always trying to guess who they were before they got banned.
I didn't trust myself until I had 50 posts.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I've voted so it really doesn't matter now. All I can hope for is that the better answer wins, whatever that may be. To me, it is not about winning and losing, but how it effects the community. Just like when voting for anything else. Hopefully, everyone else on here will think the same way. On the other hand, it is only human nature to want to save the money you earned and not have it spent frivolously by someone else.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:27 PM

Question. The two fire departments took over the ambulance service 10-1 Is the cost of that service in the budget numbers that you are taking out in your calculation? How was the ambulance paid for in the past, was it all from transport fees or was the county paying for part of the contract. Thanks for the article.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:35 PM
Default Cost of Ambulance Services

In the county budget, you deduct the two fire department fundings and determine the amount the rate should go down. Does that number include the cost of running the ambulance service for the new fiscal year or is that elsewhere in the budget?

How was the ambulance service paid for in the past? Was it all from transport fees or did the county pay part of the cost to provide those services?

thanks for the info
Old 10-31-2022, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstebbins View Post
In the county budget, you deduct the two fire department fundings and determine the amount the rate should go down. Does that number include the cost of running the ambulance service for the new fiscal year or is that elsewhere in the budget?

How was the ambulance service paid for in the past? Was it all from transport fees or did the county pay part of the cost to provide those services?

thanks for the info
The county paid about $1.5M to the ambulance contractor in 2021-2022. In the 2022-2023 budget year (beginning 10/1/2022) ambulance service is being provided by the fire departments.

There is a line in the VCCDD budget this year for $5.3M for VPSD Transport Revenues. My *guess* is these are the transport fees. There is no such line in the county budget for previous years so my *guess* is that AMR was funded by $1.5M of county money plus close to $6M of transport fees they collected directly.

The SCFD budget increased by $3M and the VPSD budget increased by $1.5M in the 2022-2023 budget to get to the $37M total for fire services. This amount must include staffing for the ambulances since the fire departments will now provide that service (and it does not appear elsewhere).

The $37M used in the calculations of the cost of the VPSD and SCFD includes the ambulance service being provided by them.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.