Indoor Shopping Mall

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2023, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Paddock Mall in Ocala seemed very nice when I got my 2nd Covid shot there a couple of years ago -- although I didn't look around much.

I was too busy standing in line on a taped "X", all masked-up, 50% "immune", and 6ft distant from whoever it was gave me Covid that day. I've often wondered how many other folks might have avoided a month of sniffles and 3 months of coughing if our helpful government hadn't gathered us all together to get our dose.

We had to go there because we got our first shot in Texas before we moved, and it was the only place to get the Pfizer shot in the area. Of course, that was the only thing open, which was a little creepy.
Is this a vaccine thread……?
Old 07-16-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
If you are just looking for a conditioned space to walk and don’t care about the stores, then the Leesburg and Ocala malls will do. I think they are generally safe. I love the AMC theater in Leesburg and have left movies late in the evening and had no altercations.
I know Ocala very well and the Paddock Mall is safe, but feels exactly like a Ghost Town because it's obsolete, so it needs to be reconfigured to apartments like many malls. It's safe, but feels dreary.
Other than Belk's, few shop there and everyone enters directly from the parking lot and gets v in and out. Covid putv the final nail in the coffin of malls.

We all love the Heath Brook outdoor mall in mid-town Ocala, that is thriving!

Love it! Check it out!
Old 07-16-2023, 07:45 AM

Paddock at Ocala is not bad. It's clean, air conditioned, has mileage markers on the floor for walkers and some decent stores--Belk, Macy's and a clean, attractive food court and a Starbucks. Probably not a "shopper's paradise," but if you are (like me) someone who likes to get in, do her shopping and get out, it's pretty good! About a 30 minute drive from most of TV.
Old 07-16-2023, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Are there any nice indoor shopping malls, closer than Orlando?
Nope. Mellenial is it.
Old 07-16-2023, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahcme View Post
Paddock at Ocala is not bad. It's clean, air conditioned, has mileage markers on the floor for walkers and some decent stores--Belk, Macy's and a clean, attractive food court and a Starbucks. Probably not a "shopper's paradise," but if you are (like me) someone who likes to get in, do her shopping and get out, it's pretty good! About a 30 minute drive from most of TV.
The Macy’s in the Ocala mall is terrible. I’m surprised it didn’t close during Macy’s latest round of downsizing.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

I'm surprised that malls even exist anymore. You can buy almost everything that the mall sells from Amazon, usually for less money and with free next day delivery. And, Amazon is more likely to have the size and color you want. This also applies to most non-mall stores, like Home Depot, Lowes, and Walgreens. I think that Amazon will eventually replace the retail store marketplace.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:23 AM

No, not closer than Orlando. We've been to Millenia Mall & didn't like it, lots of closed stores, few shoppers. We accidentally tried The Florida Mall, a bit further down the road & loved it! Despite the drive, we'd go there again just to have the variety of stores & number of shoppers that made us feel like we were in the right place. Address 8001 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32809. Website - https://www.simon.com/mall/the-florida-mall Good luck.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:38 AM

Ocala
Old 07-16-2023, 09:01 AM
Default Because there are not enough people to support an inside mail.

[QUOTE=Stu from NYC;2235783]The theater is still open and is a nice one. Fairly small mall.

Do not understand given our temps there are no other indoor malls closer to us.[/QUOTE
What stores do you have in mind?
There are not enough people to support a nice mail around here.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:05 AM

There are not enough people to support a nice mall in this area.
What kind of stores do you want in a mall.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Beautiful shopping areas and outlet mall in Wesley Chapel. About an hour's drive heading toward Tampa. Have many major retail chains not here in the Villages, as well. Nice hair salons. Nice Restaurants. Everything you could want in one area. Google the area. You might like it!
Nice shopping, but not a mall. Malls are totally enclosed and this one is not enclosed at all, just covered walkways, which provide little, if any, relief from the heat/the elements.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The theater is still open and is a nice one. Fairly small mall.

Do not understand given our temps there are no other indoor malls closer to us.
What is there to understand? Online shopping is wreaking havoc with the need for malls. Just sit in your a/c home and click away. 😊
Old 07-16-2023, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinva View Post
No, not closer than Orlando. We've been to Millenia Mall & didn't like it, lots of closed stores, few shoppers. We accidentally tried The Florida Mall, a bit further down the road & loved it! Despite the drive, we'd go there again just to have the variety of stores & number of shoppers that made us feel like we were in the right place. Address 8001 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32809. Website - https://www.simon.com/mall/the-florida-mall Good luck.
I’m not a big fan of Malls but my wife votes for Florida Mall too. Food Court and “people watching” will keep me entertained for a couple hours. Compromise is why we have stayed married for so long!
Old 07-16-2023, 10:39 AM
Veteran member

Ocala has one. It’s not the best but it’s indoors
Old 07-16-2023, 11:08 AM

Sort of like daycare! Perfect
Closed Thread

Tags
indoor, shopping, mall, nice, malls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.