Indoor Shopping Mall

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2023, 11:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

Someday we’ll get a mall in The Villages with a Costco with another movie theater.
Old 07-16-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I'm surprised that malls even exist anymore. You can buy almost everything that the mall sells from Amazon, usually for less money and with free next day delivery. And, Amazon is more likely to have the size and color you want. This also applies to most non-mall stores, like Home Depot, Lowes, and Walgreens. I think that Amazon will eventually replace the retail store marketplace.
I for one CANT stand online shopping. Takes way too long you cant try it on you cant feel the fabric etc etc..........Im not a fan of out door malls either too hot here in AZ to go shopping........We dont have many indoor malls here either thats a shame as who the hell wants to be outside in a hell hole at 118 degrees like it is now???? You can keep the outdoor mall ideas.......
Old 07-16-2023, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmanng View Post
I for one CANT stand online shopping. Takes way too long you cant try it on you cant feel the fabric etc etc..........Im not a fan of out door malls either too hot here in AZ to go shopping........We dont have many indoor malls here either thats a shame as who the hell wants to be outside in a hell hole at 118 degrees like it is now???? You can keep the outdoor mall ideas.......
Totally agree. I like to feel fabric and try clothing on. I don't like the outdoor malls especially the outlet malls.
Old 07-16-2023, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Someday we’ll get a mall in The Villages with a Costco with another movie theater.
Would you settle for a costco with out a movie theater?
Old 07-16-2023, 12:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Would you settle for a costco with out a movie theater?
I I’m a Villager I want, I want , everything.
Old 07-16-2023, 01:34 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Is this a vaccine thread……?
No, just thought it was an interesting experience. Too soon to joke about it?
Old 07-16-2023, 03:47 PM

Perfect
Old 07-16-2023, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
No, just thought it was an interesting experience. Too soon to joke about it?
I find it hard to joke about 1 million+ deaths
Old 07-16-2023, 06:18 PM
Veteran member

The closest, by far, is Lake Square Mall in Leesburg. Great for walking while avoiding the heat (it's really the only place for this that's nearby!); and for movies (AMC, with recliners and all the perks; get A-List and save a lot of $ if you love movies on the big screen, as we do). Some shopping - Belk dept store and other smaller apparel stores. Great entertainment venue with bowling, arcade, indoor gocarts, sports bar/cafe, etc.
New gamers' venue (near the Rainbow store). New contemporary furniture store. Books A Million. Pet supply store; pet boutique. Formalwear store. Small but good food court. Hair salon, nail salon, massage, brow salon; barber shop; shoe stores; jewelry kiosks; gift/decor store. Ichiban Asian buffet next door is very good. Lots of other restaurants nearby.
We go there 1-3 times per week.

There's also Paddock Mall in Ocala, and a very nice mall in Lakelsnd. Both are larger than the Leesburg mall, but a substantially farther drive.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.

Last edited by Freeda; 07-17-2023 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2023, 05:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Leesburg

Leesburg Mall is only good for their Bath and Body (we hit the seasonal sales for soaps) and Shoe Department stores.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 07-17-2023, 05:27 AM

I went to Paddock Mall this last spring and it was a pleasant experience. Though I did not get what I was mainly looking for at Lids - a very hard to find gator head foam hat - I ended up in the food court and ordered a poke bowl. They gave me so much food that I jokingly told others later that they were probably not wanting to put away all the food again! I couldn't even finish it and I usually finish the poke bowl at Brownwood. When I was leaving the mall a random 13-year old kid walks toward me as I headed toward the glass doors, smiles and says "I love your shirt!" I was wearing my favorite retro MTV custom made sleeveless and I smiled back and said thanks, though I was wondering how does this kid even relate or does he just like heavy metal. Anyway from my half hour visit it all seemed like a normal mall to me, minus the huge crowds. I used to hang around malls a lot in the 80s, but that's another story.

g-copy-jpg

Last edited by mikeycereal; 07-17-2023 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:21 AM
Default Altamonte Mall is a pleasant surprise

I was pleased to find an Apple Store closer to TV than Orlando and was pleasantly surprised to find it was located in the Altamonte Mall. Large bright and full of very nice stores. Lots of traffic both times I visited.

451 E Altamonte dr. Altamonte Springs, fl
Old 07-17-2023, 08:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The theater is still open and is a nice one. Fairly small mall.

Do not understand given our temps there are no other indoor malls closer to us.
Online shopping is putting brick and mortar stores out of business. Surprised they are still around.
Closed Thread

Tags
indoor, shopping, mall, nice, malls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.