Info Overload: Differences in Villages and areas?

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2021, 10:04 AM
Veteran member
Default Info Overload: Differences in Villages and areas?

I am a non resident, not yet visited. Have spent some time poring over TV maps, looking at neighborhoods and roads. Paralysis by analysis has set in.

Trying to identify neighborhoods to avoid (turnpike noise, industrial plants/jails nearby, apartment complexes and high rental proportions, etc.), but still be relatively close to shopping and entertainment.

I understand the majority of new construction is occurring in the south. In 10 years, what will be a central location in the (fairly) newer areas of TV? Assuming "build-out" is actually defined and not changing all the time due to new land purchases and on-going construction, where might the northern part of the southern-most section of the Villages be? Before the recent large shift in southern growth, the most desirable area was near the center of 466a and 466. Where do you think that area might be in 10 years (which are probably being built now or recently or soon)?

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Posters on this site are not part of the Family, so any predictions on where TV will be in the next year much less 10 years would just be a wild guess. The developers keep land purchases quite just like Disney did for years.

I think one can speculate but would never bet on results. If there is land to be bought they will build. As long as homes sell developers will continue.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Simple way to think of it is five areas:
Historic - north east of 441
Spanish Springs - North of 466
Lake Sumter - Between 466 and 466A
Brownwood - between 466A and 44
New - south of 44

Each area has a construction style and amenities style though all between 466 and 44 are quite similar.

South of 44 includes new construction. There seems to be more of a focus on nature which brings both nice walking trails and bugs.

Apartments, crowds, and noise are all less then a mile from the squares

You can see on a map where the homes are near the turnpike. Some notice the sound and hate it while others say they don’t notice.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-17-2021, 10:42 AM

'Paralysis by analysis' ... I had done some eager research before bringing the wife for a visit for Valentines Day 2021. The magic of the Villages can't be found on a website. My advice is get here as soon as you can so you experience each of the 5 zones Bill pointed out. Strategically spend a morning in one area, the spend an afternoon in another. You can get a keen sense of each neighborhood pretty quickly. Good luck with your search.

Cheers,

Dylan
Old 10-17-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
I am a non resident, not yet visited. Have spent some time poring over TV maps, looking at neighborhoods and roads. Paralysis by analysis has set in.

Trying to identify neighborhoods to avoid (turnpike noise, industrial plants/jails nearby, apartment complexes and high rental proportions, etc.), but still be relatively close to shopping and entertainment.

I understand the majority of new construction is occurring in the south. In 10 years, what will be a central location in the (fairly) newer areas of TV? Assuming "build-out" is actually defined and not changing all the time due to new land purchases and on-going construction, where might the northern part of the southern-most section of the Villages be? Before the recent large shift in southern growth, the most desirable area was near the center of 466a and 466. Where do you think that area might be in 10 years (which are probably being built now or recently or soon)?

Thanks.
All your questions in last paragraph have been asked many times ………since the first shovel across US441. No one , No one , has ever been able to provide an answer. EXCEPT the Villages Developer, only when they are ready.
You are going to get all kind of responses on this thread……all speculation.
Your best bet. Pause your analysis. Come visit TV and see for yourself. You will see it’s not really that complicated.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

El Diablo Joe, Bill 14564's post is right on the money. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about being "central" to the overall area of TV. It will be too big of an area for you to get a lot of value by trying to visit the extremes from the middle, wherever those places may happen to eventually be.
What I think would be more helpful is to try to be central to the amenities you think you'll find most meaningful to you. Supposedly, and I think this is true, if you want to be convenient to the most number of golf courses, probably between the 6s (between 466 and 466A), but there's plenty of golf north of 466, and in the Brownwood Area as well, but as you go to those extremes you'll have a longer commute to some of the tracks. If biking and hiking on the trails is your bag, the newer areas would be more attractive. There will still be golf, but not as much, and some long commutes to much of it.
I thought I could figure it out with a few short visits, and even looking at maps, but what really helped us pin down what we wanted was 3 seasons of renting. You don't need 3 seasons of renting, but the more time you spend here the better you'll understand what you want. There is a reason that so many people change locations within TV, and I think the reason is not having spent enough time in the bubble before buying.
So, what activities and features do you think you'll find most attractive?
Old 10-17-2021, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Before we purchased our house we rented for a month to explore and decide if this is the place for us and where we wanted to buy.

Lots of growth here and noway to know what you want without spending a lot of time here.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

To the OP...........
We wanted to be close to the 441 corridor of retail stores and familiar chain restaurants. We owned a villa in Duval for a few years when we were seasonal residents. Before we sold the villa, we purchased a home in Mallory Square which was even closer to the 441 corridor. I call it my stomping ground.

If that sort of thing is not important to you, then look further south (south of 44 if you want a newer home). It will be a long haul to the stomping ground but you will have to decide what is important to you.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Thank you for your responses. I have booked a trip in December. I appreciate the insights you all provided. Bill14564's (from Rochester?) delineation of the major areas is helpful, I have noticed others remarking on similar (North of 466, the older area, 466-466A, below 466A, and now Bill has shown me a new boundary, below 44.). We are not big golfers, and generally prefer to be close enough to cart to shopping and dining, but not so close as to hear the associated traffic. Generally prefer to be newer areas rather than older, but not need to be in brand new areas. Up to 10 years old works well as far as maturing landscaping, established retail, etc.

As an aside, as far as only the Developer knowing what they will do next, it is worth nothing that Wikipedia indicates the Developer obtained 8,000 acres south of 44, and another 2,600 acres north and south of County Road 470, both tract purchases announced in 2017.

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 10-17-2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph
Old 10-18-2021, 04:49 AM
Default There is a new proposed center of the villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Posters on this site are not part of the Family, so any predictions on where TV will be in the next year much less 10 years would just be a wild guess. The developers keep land purchases quite just like Disney did for years.

I think one can speculate but would never bet on results. If there is land to be bought they will build. As long as homes sell developers will continue.
The Villages VP of Sales Jennifer Parr revealed a few interesting facts in the first day of testimony in a federal trial Monday in federal court in Tampa:

• Parr said under oath that The Villages will double in size and that State Road 44 is now seen by the Morse family as the geographic center of the community.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post

Thanks.
Sounds like you want to be in the middle of things. I would weigh other factors as well. I have friends in Fenny that are sorry they bought there. Too much noise, houses too close together, etc. I live just south of 466. The quiet and convenience can’t be beat. Why not rent first? That will give you time and perhaps avoid buyer’s remorse.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:03 AM
Platinum member
Talking

As each Village is being built and houses go on the market, The Villages sales agents are trained to tell you THIS IS THE BUILDOUT...
Old 10-18-2021, 05:05 AM

Draw a 1.5 mile radius from the center of Sumter Landing on your map; then buy inside that circle south if 466. The further outside that circle you get the thinner the amenities get.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:37 AM

Our decision was much easier. After looking at the rather dated homes and smaller garages in the more northern areas, we knew that we wanted new construction and we love it in Monarch Grove.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:44 AM

Don't overlook new homes in the south come with a hefty bond.

Last edited by RPDaly; 10-18-2021 at 07:06 AM. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, villages, neighborhoods, time, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.