Insight on Current Market for Buying a New Yamaha Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2022, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

The Villages Golf Cars has an ad in the Sun to order a 2021 "Reconditioned" Yamaha QuietTech. Any opinions on this?
Old 07-02-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
The Villages Golf Cars has an ad in the Sun to order a 2021 "Reconditioned" Yamaha QuietTech. Any opinions on this?
Personally, I would not buy a remanufactured or reconditioned cart. These carts are usually "fleet" carts off lease from golf courses. The "fleet" version of a Yamaha differs significantly from the PTV. When they remanufacture the cart, they MIGHT put on high speed gears and other equipment to resemble a PTV. Also, you have no idea how many hours/miles on them or how they were treated on golf courses. There are plenty of nice carts at different price points on Nextdoor or TOTV that have only been driven in TV and owned by residents that hopefully, will give you a honest background of the cart and service records.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Good luck. I have a 2020 from Carts and Clubs and I can tell you their custom wiring jobs fail and they won't cover them under warranty claiming it's an accessory.
It truly is not understandable why some decide to not buy from The Villages Golf Carts. I have done all the price comparing and we are talking a very small difference. Buying from TV Carts you get priority service and free loaners not to mention the convenience. If there is a problem, rest assured they will ultimately make it right. At this stage of our lives piece of mind is wonderful.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
From a local tech: “Clogged spark arrester, Secondary clutch issues, belt issues, Fuel pumps, broken motor frame have been more than what I would like to see. Have had a couple of ECM failures.”

Sent from my iPad
EZ-GO Elite
Common problems:
Cost (and that's it)
not to mention the satisfaction of Buying AMERICAN.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I had a Curtis Cab, key word had. The door hinge sticks out some and would frequently hit that getting in the cart. Also they are noisy.

The new Curtis Cab doors are a totally different technology so they don’t hinge out like the earlier ones.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
It truly is not understandable why some decide to not buy from The Villages Golf Carts. I have done all the price comparing and we are talking a very small difference. Buying from TV Carts you get priority service and free loaners not to mention the convenience. If there is a problem, rest assured they will ultimately make it right. At this stage of our lives piece of mind is wonderful.
I'll try to help you understand.

Some people view $4,000 as NOT a "very small difference".
Some people are mechanically competent enough NOT to require "priority service".
Some people are NOT at your "stage of life", although "piece of mind" DOES have value.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
I saved over $3K on a cart (3 1/2 years ago) by buying from I-4 Power in Webster, FL.
It was the difference between around 13K and around 10K.
Their service team is fine. They come to my front door and service in the street in front of my house. Actually MORE convenient than taking it in to The Village Golf Carts garage.
Saving $3,000 is not understandable to you?

I find that hard to believe.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It truly is not understandable why some decide to not buy from The Villages Golf Carts.
I went there with the intention to just check what they had in used inventory. I was shown a bunch of crappy used carts that were adjacent to good ones that they claimed were all "not available". We then sat down to talk about carts and they kept pushing refurbished carts on me even though I said that I wasn't interested and I ended up walking out with around 30 mins that I will never get back. To make things worse, the salesperson basically told my wife that any carts that didn't have "Quiettech" were insanely loud. Yeah right.

The place seems to have refurbished carts as a big revenue stream. I saw 10+ used carts out front and they didn't want to sell them to me or take my phone number for when any became available.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:24 PM

Do yourself a favor, visit Power Equipment in Webster. In March I took delivery of a 2022 Yamaha loaded for thirteen nine out the door.

Last edited by Mosells; 07-06-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 07-07-2022, 07:06 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Do yourself a favor, visit Power Equipment in Webster. In March I took delivery of a 2022 Yamaha loaded for thirteen nine out the door.
They only show they have 2019 models. Maybe they just don't update their website?
Old 07-07-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
You do know Village Discount Carts does not sell new from the Yamaha factory golf carts? Village Discount sells what they call remanufactured Yamaha carts.
Be careful about buying the carts from Villages Discount Carts on 466 and 441. Their carts do NOT have the Yamaha factory warranty. Any warranty you may get is just a warranty from the company.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Check out Power Equipment in Webster. I got delivery in March, after a 3 month wait on a 2022 Yamaha drive 2 loaded for $13,900. Absolutely the best deal I found.
I just got a quote from Power Equipment in front of me. My quote is loaded up with the most wanted items and it came to just over $15K before tax.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffin View Post
Common problems:
Frames crack (not under warrantee)
Spark arrester causes problems
Spark arrester is a quick easy fix but only happens on very small percentage of carts.
Frame crack on a Yamaha? Never heard of it but if that happens it is covered under the 5-year Yamaha Warranty if purchased at The Villages Golf Carts stores.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I saved over $3K on a cart (3 1/2 years ago) by buying from I-4 Power in Webster, FL.
It was the difference between around 13K and around 10K.
Their service team is fine. They come to my front door and service in the street in front of my house. Actually MORE convenient than taking it in to The Village Golf Carts garage.
Saving $3,000 is not understandable to you?

I find that hard to believe.
Had the same experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
market, buying, yamaha, price, insight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.