Insurance - best sources??

Old 01-30-2024, 10:07 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts
Default Insurance - best sources??

We have had Progressive for our home, car, golf cart for years. Never a claim, great credit. TV House 10 yrs old, car 8, cart 13.

As typical our insurance costs have crept up annually. What is a good / easy source to review our current and provide alternative insurance. We went to The Villages Insurance a couple years ago and they couldn’t match, and said to stay with Progressive. We just like to compare now.
Any suggestions?

Old 01-30-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
We have had Progressive for our home, car, golf cart for years. Never a claim, great credit. TV House 10 yrs old, car 8, cart 13.

As typical our insurance costs have crept up annually. What is a good / easy source to review our current and provide alternative insurance. We went to The Villages Insurance a couple years ago and they couldn’t match, and said to stay with Progressive. We just like to compare now.
Any suggestions?
Call HH Insurance in St Pete. They've been good to us, even with a 15 year old roof. Did everything over the phone and email. They gave us a few different options.

We were recommended there by another villager.

About Our SW Florida Insurance Agency | HH Insurance

Old 01-30-2024, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

I have Progressive for home and State Farm for auto. State Farm quoted on a homeowner's policy recently, and it was slightly higher than Progressive. But, what really concerned me was that the quote included a $600 multi-policy discount. So, I assume that, if I cancel my auto policy, they would raise the homeowner's policy by $600? No thank you. Be careful of bundling home and auto policies.

Old 01-30-2024, 11:06 AM
Default Try AAA

I switched to AAA a few years back (old company stopped writing in FL) for home, auto, and umbrella. They beat the previous company. PLUS, after having about a year, I had wind damage on my 11 year old roof) and they replaced with no problems. I shop around every year but they have been competitive. I use Progressive for golf cart insurance. Had them quote the other just a few months back and they were way over AAA. I am a AAA member for many years but did not "see" where that got me anything.

Tags
insurance, progressive, car, cart, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.