insuring golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Gold member
Default insuring golf carts

We ordered a 2011 Yamaha gas cart yesterday and went to get insurance. We were quoted $193 without uninsured motorist and $250 with!! I always saw prices here are under $100. Where are you getting your insurance for so little? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

One place to check would be The Vilages Insurance. They offer golf cart insurance through Foremost Insurance, They can be reached at 1-800-449-2169 or 352-753-2280.

They offer reasonable rates and its all based on driving record (points or no points) and credit reports.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
We ordered a 2011 Yamaha gas cart yesterday and went to get insurance. We were quoted $193 without uninsured motorist and $250 with!! I always saw prices here are under $100. Where are you getting your insurance for so little? Thanks in advance for your help!
Shop around. I have mine with American National Property and Casualty (bet not many have heard of it). I believe Allstate may be a good choice.

It may be the insurance companies are experiencing more than anticipated loses and prices are increasing.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage

AAA next to Perkins in La Plaza Grande. Sold us a Progressive Insurance policy.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

We are paying approx $75 for our 2011 Yamaha gas cart through Allstate. We do have a multi-vehicle discount since we have two carts, it would probably be a few dollars more for a single cart.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
We are paying approx $75 for our 2011 Yamaha gas cart through Allstate. We do have a multi-vehicle discount since we have two carts, it would probably be a few dollars more for a single cart.
Ditto.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Default Allstate insurance for golf carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I have had Allstate for three years. last year there was a big jump in my premium and I paid $112.93. Just got my renewal for 2012 and it is only $62.08. Does anyone know what is going on with Allstate?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Gold member
Default Usaa

USAA quoted us for $80 a year as a second vehicle and that was for a LSV or Golf Cart.

Now I am not getting a LSV so lets not get into a posting war but the Florida Agent for USAA was very nice to deal with.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

just got mine thru villages insurance.....cost 90/yr but I got extra medical coverage. I could've gotten it for 60/yr.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

We just obtained quotes for a 2011 Yahama last week from Allstate and the cost w/o uninsured motorist (UM) was $61 a year. The cost with uninsured motorist was $90. The quotes however included good rider, multiple policy, home ownership and full pay discounts.

We also obtained quotes from The Villages Insurance and it was $135 w/o UM/170 w/UM. No discounts applied.

AAA came in at the highest from Progressive with $178, but no details. That doesn't matter to me anyway since it's highly unlikely that I'll ever, for a few different reasons, purchase any coverage with Progressive.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
just got mine thru villages insurance.....cost 90/yr but I got extra medical coverage. I could've gotten it for 60/yr.
ditto...and we have an umbrella policy for $206/yr that increases coverage for home and auto and cart substantially.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Gold member
Default Carrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
Can you tell us who your carrier is? Villages Insurance is just an agency - for Homeowners' at least, they sell multiple lines. We currently have golf cart insurance with Allstate - 2 carts, no multi-cart discount, no UM cvg or collision cvg, just liability - both property damage and bodily injury - about $73 every 6 mos for both carts.

I am not sure if they check your driver history for golf cart insurance or not, or if your age makes a difference.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Can you tell us who your carrier is? Villages Insurance is just an agency - for Homeowners' at least, they sell multiple lines. We currently have golf cart insurance with Allstate - 2 carts, no multi-cart discount, no UM cvg or collision cvg, just liability - both property damage and bodily injury - about $73 every 6 mos for both carts.

I am not sure if they check your driver history for golf cart insurance or not, or if your age makes a difference.
The age and value of the cart are what made our insurance higher then some folks are telling you.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

There are a number of factors that affect the actual price we're given by the insurance companies. Just look at the different prices I and others have been stating for each respective carrier. I believe it's best for each to seek out their own quotes rather than depending on what others are paying. Our stated amounts could give you a general idea of cost, but at the same time it could also be misleading!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-19-2011, 06:15 PM

I Purchased mine from Lou Ann at Florida Farm Bureau Insurance. Located in Wildwood on 301. Cost $75.00 for everything. Did a lot of shopping around and they were the best.

Live for today!! Tomorrow is a promise to no one.
New Jersey (exit 4), Poconos Pa, Virginia Beach, Mira Mesa Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.