Internet Options

Old 04-25-2024, 08:23 AM
Default Internet Options

Just purchased a new home in the Village of McCure and need to get a internet service.My question is since we will only be here part time for now is there any services that let you pay for the months you are actually here.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,978 Times in 757 Posts

I believe Quantum may have a plan if available in your area
Old 04-25-2024, 09:26 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,791 Times in 3,654 Posts

May want to do a search on this site.

This has been discussed many time.

Could ask what prior OP's decided and why.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjamesfuss View Post
Just purchased a new home in the Village of McCure and need to get a internet service.My question is since we will only be here part time for now is there any services that let you pay for the months you are actually here.

Something to consider: Will you install any devices that will need the internet service? For example many find a smart thermostat handy, especially when they are away for a few months. Or if you have mini-splits, a separate on-line controller is nifty to also control the temperature, fan, etc. while you are away. Other devices might be leak detectors or smart irrigation controllers, or garagae door openers, or door bells or security cameras. Many devices these days use the connection.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,921 Times in 921 Posts

Great post by Dusty Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Something to consider: Will you install any devices that will need the internet service? For example many find a smart thermostat handy, especially when they are away for a few months. Or if you have mini-splits, a separate on-line controller is nifty to also control the temperature, fan, etc. while you are away. Other devices might be leak detectors or smart irrigation controllers, or garagae door openers, or door bells or security cameras. Many devices these days use the connection.
If you are going to be seasonal, you should re read the above and get year round internet wireless service, and consider building your self a "technology" house, not a "smaht" house.

Wireless thermostat for monitoring humidity
Wireless camera for monitoring surroundings, indoor and out.
Wireless locks for letting home watch in and out.
Wireless irrigation controller for monitoring water usage for lawn quality
Wireless house lighting for nighttime camera usage.
All these also monitor electrical outages, and sign up for automated notices from your power company.

We have had the internet cable sliced / cut by lawn mowers, so we lost all monitoring, etc. . .

be sure that your wireless access point has good to excellent home coverage for all the iot devices. . . Install these items as soon as possible after closing. . .

good luck!

Tags
internet, part, time, services, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.