Internet,TV, phone?

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Default Internet,TV, phone?

What company do most people use that live south of 466a for Internet, TV, and phone? We will be in Fernandina and am looking for the most economical.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

the most economical just might not be the most efficient!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Sage
You are lucky you are in an area served by Brighthouse Networks. IMO, they are the most economical, have the best service and the best customer service.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Tv, internet, and phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
What company do most people use that live south of 466a for Internet, TV, and phone? We will be in Fernandina and am looking for the most economical.
Brighthouse was great in Orlando before we moved to TV.
Since then, Comcast was the only one, but now there is Century Link. I switched a month ago from Comcast, was the biggest mistake I think I ever made. The internet is so slow can't stream from Netflix or any other, so our wi-fi tvs and dvd players won't stream. Nothing loads properly on our computers, starts then stops, starts again etc. If you are south of 466A then go Brighthouse.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:36 PM

Had century link for 1+ yr. for tv & computer; NEVER had the same bill, always increases; call there customer NO SERVICE & they give U a run a round. We live in St. James (just north of 466a) & I would LUV to get a different provider, any suggestions?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM

I have Direct TV and use Brighthouse for phone and internet, I live in Charlotte. I did have Brighthouse cable TV but went back to Direct TV , in my opinion technology is better for programming with apps, and there whole-home DVR service is great.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We're in Tamarind Grove, which is between Buttonwood and St. James. We've had Century Link since we moved here July 2011 with internet 10 mbps speed to the curb, which means no modem, and landline telephone that includes unlimited long distance, caller ID and call block. The price together is $59.99 a month and with tax it is always $75 within 50 cents either way. The internet has never been down or slow and speed tests generally run between 8.00 and 10.00.

The only dispute we ever had was with our very first bill. When we initially signed up at the Century Link store on 27/441 we were suppose to get 2.5 mbps internet and they advised our first bill would be about $100. The first bill arrived and it was a little over $200, so I called customer service. The call went to Orlando and that rep said I'll switch you to the dispute desk in Charlotte, NC. The rep in Charlotte immediately discounted our bill to $100 and upped our internet service to 10 mpbs speed for the same $59.99 per month. That was 18 months ago and we've had no problems since.

We have TV with Directv, we have been with them since 2008. I love there service, we have the Premier Package, which is every channel and about 150 are in HD. It runs us about $130 a month for two HD boxes. It's probably about $150 but were getting a discount since we've been good customers, never had a repairman in five years and had NFL Sunday Tickets the past two football seasons.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbeginnings View Post
I have Direct TV and use Brighthouse for phone and internet, I live in Charlotte. I did have Brighthouse cable TV but went back to Direct TV , in my opinion technology is better for programming with apps, and there whole-home DVR service is great.
I was thinking of just getting a land line for 911 calls for emergencies, does anyone know what is the best company for that? and of course price.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 PM

We are in Sanibel. Started with Comcast and hated their customer service. Brighthouse is very good. We have the bundle package and its about $130. a month for 5 t.v.s. Only one is HD.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
I believe dollar for dollar our services are the best available option. If you search for bright house (and brighthouse) you will see that the majority agrees. If you would like more information on our services, please feel free to contact me by any of the methods listed below in my signature.
I have been moved to a different division in Bright House and I will no longer be the rep for The Villages area. Lysander Jimenez, my friend and co-worker, will be the rep for The Villages area now and he will take wonderful care of you. I will put his full contact information below in case you want to contact him directly.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Lysander.Jimenez@mybrighthouse.com
Old 02-22-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
I was thinking of just getting a land line for 911 calls for emergencies, does anyone know what is the best company for that? and of course price.
Our company has an e911 service built in for our landlines. This service automatically transmits your address and location during an emergency call to 911. So, if you were able to dial the number, but unable to speak, help would still be able to reach you. I do not recommend our services as stand-alones, but bundled in packages of two or more they are can be very reasonably priced. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Thanks!!
I have been moved to a different division in Bright House and I will no longer be the rep for The Villages area. Lysander Jimenez, my friend and co-worker, will be the rep for The Villages area now and he will take wonderful care of you. I will put his full contact information below in case you want to contact him directly.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighthouse Cable Paul View Post
Our company has an e911 service built in for our landlines. This service automatically transmits your address and location during an emergency call to 911. So, if you were able to dial the number, but unable to speak, help would still be able to reach you. I do not recommend our services as stand-alones, but bundled in packages of two or more they are can be very reasonably priced. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Thanks!!
Hi Paul, I already have Comcast which cost me allot to have installation costs. We are only in our home for two months and do not want anymore installations costs if we switch. I love my DVR but the one we have goes out all the time and we have to reset it allot. Called customer services and all they tell us is to reset the dvr. Its an ongoing problem which I do not see with that will end. So what can I do?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 AM

BRIGHTHOUSE ALL THE WAY..
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
Hi Paul, I already have Comcast which cost me allot to have installation costs. We are only in our home for two months and do not want anymore installations costs if we switch. I love my DVR but the one we have goes out all the time and we have to reset it allot. Called customer services and all they tell us is to reset the dvr. Its an ongoing problem which I do not see with that will end. So what can I do?
If you decide to switch almost all the packages I have waive the installation fees.

As for your DVR, I do recommend resetting it, no matter the provider most of these set top boxes are like little computers and do need to be reset every now and then. Usually the easiest way to reset a box is to unplug power, let it set for about a minute or so, then plug it back up and let it reboot itself. If that does not work, I would call them and have them send a tech to replace it or take it to a local office and have it swapped out.

If they do not want to do any of this, we definitely need to talk about switching you over to Bright House (honestly, I would like to discuss you switching regardless, but definitely if they refuse to help).

If you need any advice or help, just let me know.

Talk to you soon!

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 AM

Paul....I sent you a PM. We got big run around from BH rep on phone when we inquired about service...woman said my address does not come up in her system, probably no service by BH. Only had limited time didn't want a hassle, Comcast came out in 2 days. Maybe we'll switch down the road...Comcast customer service is weak in central FL.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.