Irrigation Filter

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2023, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 541 Posts
Default This filter

Thinking about this 1” diagonal inline and a slightly larger box from Lowe’s.

https://www.amazon.com/IrrigationKin...141716824&th=1
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	98165  

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-29-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Attachment 98129
Is it OK to install an irrigation filter to our system without ARC approval? The thing is more unsightly to neighbors than it would be to me because it would be located on the side of the house. I’m not sure on whether to install one or not. They aren’t the prettiest things around.
This filter looks like it was installed by Ferigator the lawn fertilization company. I've see their installs and they all look like this one. The reason why they install it this way is because it is the easiest since they are just putting the filter in-line with the irregation water supply line. Installing the filter up against the house ( a ft or two from the side of the house) is more complicated.

The spin down irregation filters installed by other handymen are usually up against the house so they are not so obvious. After thinking about this more if you are concerned about ARC then run it by them but i believe since this filter is within that 3-4 ft arear around your home that you probably don't need approval.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Amazon.com
If you live south of 466 and your irregation water is from storm water that filter will not be big enough to do the job. You will be cleaning it several times a month. You are probably better off with a spin down filter like the one shown in the picture in the first post. Just get it installed better so it's not as obvious from the street.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
If you live south of 466 and your irregation water is from storm water that filter will not be big enough to do the job. You will be cleaning it several times a month. You are probably better off with a spin down filter like the one shown in the picture in the first post. Just get it installed better so it's not as obvious from the street.
Too ugly and the neighbors would complain. I have had to clean my filters on the sprinklers 2 times in the past year and a half; I just don’t want the maintenance. Some have removed the screen on each head with no problems while others struggle. I don’t want more maintenance caused by preventive maintenance….lol.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bark4me View Post
The purpose of this filter is to filter out any debris before it reaches your sprinkler heads, thus stopping the need to remove heads and cleaning out those small filters. You just unscrew the filter housing every so often, rinse out the filter and you're done. Had it in my last house and it worked great. Saved me alot of hassle.
Since the water is the same water I drink I hope it doesn’t have any debris in it.
Old 04-30-2023, 06:07 PM
Gold member
Default Fortified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Since the water is the same water I drink I hope it doesn’t have any debris in it.
Think of it as water fortified with vitamins and minerals. You may even get some proteins.

Old 05-01-2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Too ugly and the neighbors would complain. I have had to clean my filters on the sprinklers 2 times in the past year and a half; I just don’t want the maintenance. Some have removed the screen on each head with no problems while others struggle. I don’t want more maintenance caused by preventive maintenance….lol.
Their are many of these filters and if installed by the side of your house near the valve box no one is going to complain. At least i've not heard of any complaints. You can always put a shrub in front of it. As far as removing the screen on each head, that is the worst thing you can do because the debris will clog the head and in most cases you won't be able to clean the head to make it work properly. Eventually some small rock debris will get in the head and ruin it.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
That's correct, you don't need an irregation filter.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM

Quote:

Amazon.com
This filter is better than nothing but you need to know that you will be opening the box and cleaning this filter out a lot vs just opening the clean out valve for 15 seconds on the spin down filter every couple of weeks.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Update, had one installed. So far looks like the filter collects a lot of algae, especially when the ponds are low.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5764.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	98916  
Closed Thread

Tags
irrigation, filter, install, things, prettiest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.