Irrigation Filter

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2023, 10:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 541 Posts
Default Irrigation Filter

img_0098-jpg
Is it OK to install an irrigation filter to our system without ARC approval? The thing is more unsightly to neighbors than it would be to me because it would be located on the side of the house. I’m not sure on whether to install one or not. They aren’t the prettiest things around.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-27-2023, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,265 Posts

No idea on this one, at a minimum, you can call ARC and ask if permission is required, if so, the form is online and easy to fill out, NO cost, and typically about 2 weeks turn around.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:08 PM
Gold member
Default Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
No idea on this one, at a minimum, you can call ARC and ask if permission is required, if so, the form is online and easy to fill out, NO cost, and typically about 2 weeks turn around.
I was messaged about an inground box, that would probably be best. That is likely what needs to be done in the picture posted. ARC told me to call Utilities. Utilities doesn’t know anything about the filter system so they likely weren’t confided by anyone before this?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 04-27-2023 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:29 PM

Just get something like this in the correct size needed and the color to match any current landscaping:

Well pump / back flow preventer cover
Old 04-27-2023, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Not sure what the need is but if you put it with the utilities you already have then it would not be too noticeable.
Old 04-27-2023, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Attachment 98129
Is it OK to install an irrigation filter to our system without ARC approval? The thing is more unsightly to neighbors than it would be to me because it would be located on the side of the house. I’m not sure on whether to install one or not. They aren’t the prettiest things around.
No different than your air-conditioner, gas/electric meters and tankless hot water heater on the side of the house.
Old 04-27-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Attachment 98129
I have installed these. If you need help let me know. Thanks
Old 04-28-2023, 06:15 AM

I bought an inground Box that matches the one the valve solemn oids are in it looks very nice
Old 04-28-2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Not sure what the need is but if you put it with the utilities you already have then it would not be too noticeable.
The purpose of this filter is to filter out any debris before it reaches your sprinkler heads, thus stopping the need to remove heads and cleaning out those small filters. You just unscrew the filter housing every so often, rinse out the filter and you're done. Had it in my last house and it worked great. Saved me alot of hassle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Attachment 98129
I don't believe you need ARC approval for something like this but if you are concerned you can have it installed up against the wall parallel to your house so it's not as visible as the one in the picture you posted. You can also paint it the color of the house or put a shrub in front of it. I also agree, how is this any different than when your neighbor installs a pool heater/filter equipment or a mini-split condensor on the side of their homes? Several of our neighbors have these filters and you can't believe how much dirt and debris they are filtering due to the retention ponds being so low recently. With the filter you have only one point to clean periodically vs 30 or more sprinkler head filters.

People living north of 466 don't need an irregation filter becasue their irregation water is the same as the drinking water. South of 466 it's mildly treated strom water or non-pottable water.

I'm sure if you put in an ARC request, it would be approved. The fact that they didn't complain when someone contacted them is probably proof of this.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Attachment 98129
I would love to have this installed on my sprinkler line. Who offers this kind of service?
Old 04-28-2023, 11:08 AM
Gold member
Default Imstall

I have located the necessary irrigation box at Lowe’s. It’s an easy install and ARC shouldn’t say anything about it as long as it doesn’t look like the eyesore pic posted. All will be happy I hope.

Old 04-28-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2023 View Post
I would love to have this installed on my sprinkler line. Who offers this kind of service?
As I told another person asking about this, I do this kind of work. I have two installed at my house outside of the Villages. If I can be of help let me know. Thanks
Old 04-28-2023, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2023 View Post
Call Caleb. 352-254-0215. He does a great job and well worth every penny to have it installed.
Old 04-29-2023, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Quote:
I have located the necessary irrigation box at Lowe’s. It’s an easy install and ARC shouldn’t say anything about it as long as it doesn’t look like the eyesore pic posted. All will be happy I hope.
What filter are you using?
Closed Thread

Tags
irrigation, filter, install, things, prettiest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.