Old 04-21-2020, 10:55 AM

Right on !
Old 04-21-2020, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So, you think it’s going to end in 30 days LOL
That is not what was said. Read it again.

Last edited by coffeebean; 04-21-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:15 AM

Government at this time is trying to protect us not control us. If police didn't stop those demonstrating they woud become out of control. That is how rioting & looting begin.
If everyone would have followed the guidelines in the beginning we would be at a better place. After one of the demonstrations in another state the COVID-19 cases went up from those yelling and screaming while protesting. They could at least wear a mask.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It must be me but I think the days are flying by! I am not bored as I found things to do to keep my mind occupied, (e.g. do Ancestry studies, watch some good Netflix/Amazon movies, put a mask on and take a ride in the cart around Lake Sumter, sit out in the sun and get some Vit D.) Darn, the day is already gone. Come on, stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your days. Oh Yea.. Reading the "Talk of the Villages" is another activity along with the Drudge Report and its many options. Notice I did not include drinking to numb feelings, sitting idle and complaining about the state of the world, hating the conditions, and blaming everyone but myself for the lousy attitude. Get positive and enjoy the life you have!!
I do not walk into a store of any kind without a mask on. In fact, I started wearing a mask a couple of days before it was recommended by our government to do so. I do not wear a mask, however, when riding in my golf cart. Just wondering why you feel it necessary to wear a mask when social distancing is a piece of cake when riding in a golf cart. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:17 PM

There's a big difference between maybe catching a bug and catching a bullet for sure.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:31 PM

And, GoodLife, please give us ideas, based on everything you are doing to help others in this situation. I'm sure your ideas would be greatly appreciated by many.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Chatbrat's intention was nothing but good. Everybody is picking on every word in many posts. I even saw a post about spelling. Cut out the nit pickin and lets get through this together peacefully. Stop preaching. The Man Had a Great Point. Listen & Learn. This is Talk Of The Villages. I think his statement was meant for his contemporaries on this Forum not young families. That is a entirely different subject.
I agree with your assessment. I believe Chatbrat was making the point that Villagers of all income levels who are sheltering in place, in the comfort of their homes, are much better off than Anne Frank was for the 2 plus years she was in hiding. None of us is in fear of being rounded up, forced out of our homes, and sent to slave labor or to be tortured or die in a concentration camp.Furthermore, considering that it is Holocaust Remembrance Day, it is a relevant post.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
Poor Chris Cuomo spent 10 days in the basement of his mansion out on Long Island in the Hamptons. Ohhhh, the pain, the misery, the agony he endured...had a captive audience bleeding for him every night. Would he have even survived a midnight train ride to a camp?

Am I missing something, or is this a complete and utter non sequitur?
Old 04-21-2020, 02:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpascani View Post
And, GoodLife, please give us ideas, based on everything you are doing to help others in this situation. I'm sure your ideas would be greatly appreciated by many.
If you read all my posts I warned you to start wearing a mask way before the CDC did and also how far virus particles can spread from sneezes, coughs, and just plain talking. Probably saved a few people from getting sick if they listened.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:38 PM

Well I too live alone and don't have alot of connections with town clubs, etc. I don't like giving to big organizations cause I think a bunch of money goes to pay for salaries who work there, so I thought about it and wondered what I could do to give to someone who needs help who I do not even know. The idea came to me to just get some cash and put it in someone's mailbox or hand it to someone at the grocery store. I asked God to lead me to the first person, which meant I had to get in my car and drive a bit away......... I knew exactly where I was to go. Darn, no mailbox on the curb, not on the door front either. So I knocked and while I waited, I noticed the window to the side was broken, cigarette butts in a plastic bucket to the right, and a woman with a couple of children came to the door. When she opened it I told her I was told to bring this to her and gave her the envelope. She looked at me kinda funny, like she was trying to figure out who sent this and I said, "Here you go, I just said I'd bring this by. Have a great day and stay safe." .....and then left. I will never see her again, but now I know at least one person knows someone cares about her, and that is what we each need to know. I have typed this not to toot my own horn, but to challenge each of you to do that kind of thing too. Give to someone who is a perfect stranger and know that God will deliver to him/her what truly is needed. Have a great day and do your part to make this a better planet.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Excellent post Chatbrat. Very often this has entered my head too. I have been watching the "liberators" in the Mid-Western States screaming for their freedom and wonder what the Nazi's would have done with them.

I feel deeply for the very low income people who have no money and cannot buy food to feed their children. I wonder if we will have civil uprising and dead in the streets before this is over.
If we do, these so-called "liberators" will be the cause of it. They're nothing but anarchistic thugs.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:49 PM

Nice historical reference but I don’t think it actually applies to the current situation. The Frank family if found would surely die. So they lived in fear for sure. Much more fear than we live in. And we can go outside as the virus won’t kill us if we stay away from other people...
Old 04-22-2020, 07:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question A reason

Regarding the question "why wear a mask" in a golf cart. My reason: You are riding thru a number of walkers, bike riders, and stopping in line with other carts. The 6 foot rule is probably not that critical BUT if someone cough's or sneeze's to their left or right that travels not 6 feet but 27 feets and that does make for an exposure. What the heck it is not that bad to wear one and "why not"?
Closed Thread

Tags
people, living, tomorrow, bump, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.