Israel Flag above USA Flag

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Question Israel Flag above USA Flag

On Abana Path, just south of Pinellas Pl. in the Village of Fernandina, there is a home with a flag pole in front of the house mounted on the stucco with TWO Flags.

The Israel flag is above the USA flag.

Is this proper? Who enforces if not? Law if any?

I thought the USA Flag should always be displayed above any other flag!

Any knowledgeable people, please chime in!
Old 09-22-2018, 01:33 PM

On a single flag pole the flag on top is the one that was the victor in a war between the two nations. So since we have never faced Israel in war it shouldn’t be displayed that way.

Who enforces this is the question.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

When displayed with other flags, the size of the American Flag should be larger than the other flags or relatively equal to the size of the largest flag. Other flags should not overshadow the American Flag in any way.
The American Flag should be flown higher than lesser flags. If the flags are displayed on the same level, the American Flag should be flown to the (flag's own) right of all other flags. The right is a position of prominence.
If the flags of other nations are displayed with the American Flag, they should be of equal size and at equal heights on separate staffs at a time of peace. The American Flag should be displayed to the (flag's own) right but not higher than other national flags.
In a group of state, local and/or society flags, the American Flag should be flown highest and in the center.
The American Flag should be hoisted first and lowered last, when flown with other flags on adjacent staffs.
When the American Flag is displayed against a wall with another flag, it should be on the (flag's own) right with its staff in front of the other flag.
Another nation's flag shouldn't be displayed on the same halyard as the American Flag.
If a state, local or society flags are flown on the same halyard with the American Flag, the American Flag should be at the top.
If the American Flag is carried in a procession with other flags, it should be to its own right or in the center of a line of flags.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Can a foreign flag fly above the US flag?
Mexican-US flags
KRNV News 4
A situation arose in Reno, where a Mexican Flag was flown above the US flag on a single pole. This was a violation of the Flag Code and was apparently done to make a political statement.

Let's start by looking at the Flag Code. You will find there is a contradiction. First it says that all foreign flags should fly at the same height as the US flag. But later, it says that no foreign flag should fly at the same height as the US flag.

7g. reads, "When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace."

7c. starts, "No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America...

Perhaps you could contact one of the American Legions or the VFW and they could set them straight. If your on Face Book search for The Band of Brothers here in The Villages. You can send them a message I'm sure they would be happy to set them straight as to the proper way to display US Flag.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:59 PM

The American flag is larger than my Israeli flag and they fly together on same pole & same hight.
Been flying them for 6 years now
It might have been easier to stop by and talk to me about it?

Last edited by shalomuall; 09-22-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Didn’t finish post
Old 09-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomuall View Post
The American flag is larger than my Israeli flag and they fly together on same pole & same hight.
Had they stopped to talk to you, there would be no thread and nobody to criticize and talk about.

SHALOM

If only this kind of talk actually translated to TRUE patriotism, and so not to generalize, it may be for the posters on here thus far which cannot be said for those who normally attack this kind of thing.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Had they stopped to talk to you, there would be no thread and nobody to criticize and talk about.

SHALOM

If only this kind of talk actually translated to TRUE patriotism, and so not to generalize, it may be for the posters on here thus far which cannot be said for those who normally attack this kind of thing.
I think it's a stretch to say anyone was criticized here. The OP posted what they saw and asked "Is this proper? Who enforces if not? Law if any?"

Everyone else pretty much posted flag codes and regulations..

Every thread doesn't have to turn into a drama.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I think it's a stretch to say anyone was criticized here. The OP posted what they saw and asked "Is this proper? Who enforces if not? Law if any?"

Everyone else pretty much posted flag regulations...
Point well taken....

However, with directions to the house basically. You ARE right about the drama....just have gotten used to the same ole same ole on here on subjects like this. I excluded the posters up to my post from much criticism specifically, and criticism is always a step behind any of these threads.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation No enforcement provisions.

HERE IS THE ANSWER.

According to the Flag Code, such display is improper.

Also, the Flag Code contains no penalties for not following the code, so don't get all worked up.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

SHALOM

Mazel Tov!
Old 09-22-2018, 03:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

I was at this years memorial day service at spanish springs sponsored by the Jewish War Veterarns.

When they were called out to troop their colors they had an Israeli flag up front.

Just find it interesting that they carried a flag of a foreign country. But then again on St Pats day i see a lot of irish flags...and also on Colombus Day...many Italian flags.

How about we all dump foreign flags totally.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
On Abana Path, just south of Pinellas Pl. in the Village of Fernandina, there is a home with a flag pole in front of the house mounted on the stucco with TWO Flags.

The Israel flag is above the USA flag.

Is this proper? Who enforces if not? Law if any?

I thought the USA Flag should always be displayed above any other flag!

Any knowledgeable people, please chime in!
I'm not going to Google or search for the answer but from my life experience which could be wrong, I believe that the American Flag flies in the highest spot. I would call the Police to question it and be guided from there. Community Watch would not be the call.

There is also no way that the address of the person should be listed and knocking on the door to talk about it is out of the question in my world. I have some heavy feeling's about the thing's that have happened to our flag lately and I don't want to upset a beautiful day getting into it as it won't change anyone else's outlook or feelings about Old Glory! Good Luck with this one, maybe it was an innocent mistake.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomuall View Post
The American Flag is BELOW the Israel Flag, So they are NOT the same height!!!! And it does not look larger and thats not the point! Who cares how long! Still WRONG!!!!!!

Be honest!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

IMO if lived in another Country I wouldn't Berate that Country by flying my Country flag in there Country. Only in America you can spit in our faces of men and women that died to keep this county free. In other countries might get you killed? Why disrespect the country you are in? Besides most really don't care what country you come from unless you got be dick about it. IF that country so great why aren't you still there? And why is it so important to fly foreign flag in another country? And to top it off our taxes dollars are propping up most countries in the world. IMO NO foreign aid shall be giving until our national debt paid off and our own Poor are taken care of. But, like %% we all have opinions.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

In our free country, I think it would stupid to even consider banning foreign flags.

Tags
flag, usa, israel, law, enforces

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.