Issues with Villages Realty Resale Department

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Location: Moved to the Village of Caroline from St. Louis MO.
Exclamation Issues with Villages Realty Resale Department

i would like to hear from any resident that has had problems with The Villages Resales department and their lack of follow through. Particularly items what should have been added to an addendum but were not even though they stated to the contrary. Any comments regarding the accuracy of the agent. Am currently discussing these matters with the AG office and any additional facts would be helpful to all of us residents.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarkland View Post
i would like to hear from any resident that has had problems with The Villages Resales department and their lack of follow through. Particularly items what should have been added to an addendum but were not even though they stated to the contrary. Any comments regarding the accuracy of the agent. Am currently discussing these matters with the AG office and any additional facts would be helpful to all of us residents.
No problem.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-27-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Never had any issues.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:00 AM
Gold member
Default TV sales agents

remember.....TV sales agents are "Single Agents" they represent the developers brokerage" They are not in the deal for the "transaction" selling the home....they represent the developer and not the buyer or seller... so your best interests are not in consideration. you must sign a agency disclosure prior to signing any contract, given to you by the agent, and this must be explained to you. That is a florida state law anyone holding a license to sell real estate must do.

Loyalty, Obedience, and Full disclosure are not part of the Single agents duties.

For more information, research Single agents, vs Transaction brokers.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Any addendum to any contract for anything must be in writing and signed by both or all parties involved.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
remember.....TV sales agents are "Single Agents" they represent the developers brokerage" They are not in the deal for the "transaction" selling the home....they represent the developer and not the buyer or seller... so your best interests are not in consideration. you must sign a agency disclosure prior to signing any contract, given to you by the agent, and this must be explained to you. That is a florida state law anyone holding a license to sell real estate must do.

Loyalty, Obedience, and Full disclosure are not part of the Single agents duties.

For more information, research Single agents, vs Transaction brokers.
Sounds like realtor speak. Realtors can only sell used houses in The Villages.

And should we then expect agents for the developer to be dishonest? When they must have lists of people waiting to sell for them? It has to be a fairly easy sell.

Why should The Villages Inc. tolerate anyone dishonest when they have such a good thing goin'????

If we were to try to sell this house we live in? We would do FSBO with McLin Burnsed.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I am “bothered” by anyone making a post like this, especially when it is only their 3rd post in almost 6 years. I am sorry to see where the OP has a problem with The Villages Reality, but I am not going to give them unsubstantiated dirt to use in a complaint against them. There are three sides to every coin. I am sure the OP may have misunderstood some of the terms which has lead to their frustrations. I am not saying they are wrong, but asking for dirt on this forum is not the proper place or method.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

And should we then expect agents for the developer to be dishonest? When they must have lists of people waiting to sell for them? It has to be a fairly easy sell.

Why should The Villages Inc. tolerate anyone dishonest when they have such a good thing goin'????

If we were to try to sell this house we live in? We would do FSBO with McLin Burnsed.
Are McLin Burnsed attorneys who do real estate closings?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Are McLin Burnsed attorneys who do real estate closings?
No.... 2 streets in The Villages.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
No.... 2 streets in The Villages.
In Fenney I think....
Old 10-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

whether you like it or not....its reality....TV brokerage chose to be a Single Agency sales agents.....

probably, to control explaining about..bonds, smells, dumps and prisons...,who knows ....if you don't have to disclose this information, why would you?

and it is Florida State Law.. Transaction agents..MLS agents, must disclose anything they know about the property and the community surroundings. Single agents, do not have to disclose anything to sellers or buyers.

has nothing to to do with who can sell home in TV.

Process still works, but forces buyer and seller to do a lot of research on there own or accept the consequences.

Last edited by kstew43; 10-27-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
OP: It is apparent given that this is only your 3rd post that you are unaware of Developer Groupies that inhibit this forum. So you may not get the information you are seeking

The Daily Sun won't touch it nor the POA or the VHA.

You may have to sue to get a production of documents from Villages Realtors/Sales Department. And, they will deny said production citing proprietary privilege. There have been many complaints over the years concerning this department

Good Luck
Old 10-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Gold member

never ever use TV closing agents, or sellers agent for your purchase...always hire a closing agent, lawyer to represent you... its not that expensive, you have to pay for the closing side of your deal anyway, so why not pay someone who represents you.....

different counties realtor boards have different rules as to who chooses (buyer/seller) the closing agents, but you can always choose someone else to represent your side of the transaction.

Just a suggestion..for future propects
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Gold member

Call your counties Board of Realtors, they can help with obtaining any information you might need or direct you to state agencies. Good luck with your quest.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
OP: It is apparent given that this is only your 3rd post that you are unaware of Developer Groupies that inhibit this forum. So you may not get the information you are seeking

The Daily Sun won't touch it nor the POA or the VHA.

You may have to sue to get a production of documents from Villages Realtors/Sales Department. And, they will deny said production citing proprietary privilege. There have been many complaints over the years concerning this department

Good Luck
Gee Rubicon. I am a developer grouper and I don't think I inhibit this forum.

I also am not a realtor, never have been and don't have any money to gain on this issue.

I like how the developer has developed and so do all the folks who have voted with their money to buy here making this the fastest growing area of it's kind in the world. Some realtors are "left out" of new sales and that makes them grumpy.

The developer doesn't have to stoop to any underhandedness to sell houses, IMHO.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-27-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
department, villages, comments, agent, accuracy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.