What happened on 466 tonight

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Default What happened on 466 tonight

Hubby and I were coming back from Spanish Springs tonight around 10pm. There were 3 emergency vehicles and at least 2 police cars stopped in the west bound lanes of 466. The only thing we could see as we went by in our golf cart was a 4 seater golf cart with people on board in the road. Was there an accident?
It's not the first time we've seen folks out on 466 in their golf carts.. Yikes... Hope everyone is okay but it looked serious.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyisle View Post
Hubby and I were coming back from Spanish Springs tonight around 10pm. There were 3 emergency vehicles and at least 2 police cars stopped in the west bound lanes of 466. The only thing we could see as we went by in our golf cart was a 4 seater golf cart with people on board in the road. Was there an accident?
It's not the first time we've seen folks out on 466 in their golf carts.. Yikes... Hope everyone is okay but it looked serious.

Oh Dear Heavens.

This can't be good. It won't make the Sun today, I am sure. Wonder if it was caught by the **************, the on line paper? Meta Minton sure is on top of things.

I hope the fact that you saw people in the cart meant they were terribly out of place but o.k.

PLEASE expect anything for the next three months and drive like everyone else is crazy, because almost everyone else IS.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:32 AM

Gracie - We weren't sure if anyone was injured. But there were enough emergency vehicles there to clear up a major collision. The last time I saw something like this, it was a very elderly man driving his (absolutely NOT street legal) golf cart down 466 at dusk - no head lights on.
And, I agree - brace yourself and be alert for at least the next 3 months.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Sage

I don't know the answer however I've seen A LOT of cars/trucks who run the lights there (and elsewhere) here in The Villages. I do hope that no one was hurt badly.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:10 PM

I do not know either,

But, today while driving on Pinalas in my car, a golf cart pulled in front f me with three kids, no signals...

We all need to be careful......
Old 12-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

I am sure we all have a story on seeing close calls with cars and carts.. a few days ago a cart ( in cart lane) abruptly turned into the traffic lane and made a u turn right in front of cars going both ways on Belvedere.. My heart stopped but luckily the drivers of the cars were alert and slammed on their brakes.. the cart driver was oblivious to what he had almost caused. and that is only one of my stories. !!! I drive very defensively and hope everyone else will do the same.. Be safe out there as they used to say on Hill Street Blues.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Gold member

Maybe when all of us Snowbirds get here next month we can give y'all lessons and directions. Until that time, please keep your carts off the roads and stop crashing into one another. You are giving this place a bad name
Old 12-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Maybe when all of us Snowbirds get here next month we can give y'all lessons and directions. Until that time, please keep your carts off the roads and stop crashing into one another. You are giving this place a bad name

Kiddo. It ISN'T the snowbirds. It is just a LOT of people and among them new folks unfamiliar with the place and the traffic.

Hurry Home!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Gold member

Yesterday I was driving along Buena Vista heading to Brownwood when I saw 2 ladies coming out onto the circle, I believe at Pinellas or the next street. I stopped to help them. They were aware that they shouldn't have been there and told me that they tried to go thru the gate to get back on the cart part but the gate didn't open after they pressed the button. That was strange. I assume they didn't have a gate pass. I didn't want to stay stopped in the road so I left them. I assume they got back onto the cart path.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 12-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
Yesterday I was driving along Buena Vista heading to Brownwood when I saw 2 ladies coming out onto the circle, I believe at Pinellas or the next street. I stopped to help them. They were aware that they shouldn't have been there and told me that they tried to go thru the gate to get back on the cart part but the gate didn't open after they pressed the button. That was strange. I assume they didn't have a gate pass. I didn't want to stay stopped in the road so I left them. I assume they got back onto the cart path.

John
They were still sitting there this morning.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:49 PM

That's a first….a gate that didn't open. Usually, they open up for anyone, or they are already in the up position and wide open for anyone to drive through.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.