Jeweler

Old 05-22-2024, 07:46 AM

Bob’s coin & jewelry in the shopping center across from Walmart on 441. Family owned & operated.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:50 AM

May I suggest looking for a gem and jewelry show- great selection, great prices and fun to shop together.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,092 Times in 550 Posts

Are you sure she wants an engagement ring? I wouldn't, I suspect lots of women these days wouldn't.

Old 05-22-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misky1951 View Post
i'm going to propose to a wonderful woman in the near future. Never thought this would happen at this stage of life. But that's another story.

It's been a very long time since i shopped for rings. Not sure i'm comfortable going online.

Any suggestions on local jewelers?
costco

Old 05-22-2024, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
A huge topic in the jewelry industry right now is lab grown diamonds vs mined diamonds.

Lab grown are cheaper to buy, but the question is whether they will hold resale value.

Others say it is impossible, even for a jeweler, to tell the difference.

Do some research!
I looked at those and they are very nice

Old 05-22-2024, 09:26 AM

Lots of information here...Im a retail jeweler for 42 years, and working toward retirement and a village home owner. Here is my advise. Buy from a local independent jeweler who has a great reputation and awesome online reviews. Do not buy from a chain store of any kind! Diamonds are not investments they are gifts of love..many diamonds come with certificates and many are accurate and many are not so don't shop based on that Information. As I call them, God made diamonds or natural from mother nature have dropped in price about 20 to 30 % over the last year due to the lab grown becoming a popular option. My guess they will drop some more. Debeers is for sale that should be a indication of things to come. We have always offered lab grown as an option and sell them 20 to 1 over natural and to every age group. Impossible to tell the difference between natural and lab created without the proper equipment. You will find these all over the place when it comes to pricing. These should be easily 50 to 60 % less than comparable natural diamond prices.So shop several great local independent jewelers. They can educate you.They are here for you.Please support local businesses. Good luck and congratulations!

Old 05-22-2024, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
My engagement ring and my mother's engagement ring have both increased in value. Mom's increased significantly. Mom's cost dad around $800 (eight hundred), in the 1950's. I just inherited it and had to have it appraised for the insurer. It's now valued at $12,500 (twelve thousand five hundred).
BUT if you go to sell it you will be lucky to get 500 my mom had her ring appraised at 15,000 I wanted to sell it but they only offered me $500 and in Chicago her last apprasial was that hi price I opted to make it into a pendant and it is absolutely georgous

Old 05-22-2024, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post
I'm going to propose to a wonderful woman in the near future. Never thought this would happen at this stage of life. But that's another story.

It's been a very long time since I shopped for rings. Not sure I'm comfortable going online.

Congrats!

Never buy a diamond already in a setting. Bring an eyeloop (mine is 10x) and some white velvet and they will bring out the good rocks.

I hope she says yes

Old 05-22-2024, 11:12 AM
Default Jeweler

Bobs jewelery and coin behind McDonald in Summerfield.

Old 05-22-2024, 11:17 AM
Location: Formerly resided in southeast Wisconsin; now in the village of Winifred
Default Reputable shop

Quote:
I'm going to propose to a wonderful woman in the near future. Never thought this would happen at this stage of life. But that's another story.

It's been a very long time since I shopped for rings. Not sure I'm comfortable going online.

There is a modest jewelry shop called Coast to Coast located in the small plaza that also houses Gio's Deli on 301. I have always found them to have exemplary customer service and fair prices. Check them out.

Old 05-22-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Congrats!!!

Coast to Coast...............hands down.

Coast To Coast | Your Leader in Jewelry and Coins in Central Florida.
100% Coast to Coast. Don’t see what you want? They will make a custom ring for you.

Old 05-22-2024, 12:56 PM
Default Good Store

I e had very good service from Jewelry Design in Lady Lake. They have real jewelers who can create what you are looking for.

Old 05-22-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:

Just want to say congratulations. Same thing happened to me as well, in my early 70's. I had no problem shopping on line, for whatever that is worth. ENJOY!

Old 05-22-2024, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
My engagement ring and my mother's engagement ring have both increased in value. Mom's increased significantly. Mom's cost dad around $800 (eight hundred), in the 1950's. I just inherited it and had to have it appraised for the insurer. It's now valued at $12,500 (twelve thousand five hundred).
Remember.....appraisals are for insurance, not necessarily resale. The price you get, is the estimate if you wanted to buy it now.....not the price to sell it now.

Old 05-25-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Get her ring size, then buy her a ring with a high quality zirconium stone and spend the rest of the money on a nice European river cruise. That’s a much better waste of money than an engagement ring.

Also, I hesitate to say this, but have you met her? I visited with an old friend yesterday, and she told me about scammers she has met on Match. One she researched and turned in was expelled from Match as a scammer even as we talked. I’ve heard that a lot of these fake people are handled from a shop in Ghana. If you are dating online in The Villages, bear in mind that those of us who are real people tend to look our age. The beautiful women and handsome men who claim to live here are in many cases fake. One tip off is a profile where English isn’t used correctly. Look in the mirror. Be honest. If the person is much better looking than you, and you send a message, and the person starts trying to develop a conversation with you or asks to switch to emails, you may be being scammed. If the person doesn’t respond, that might be because the person doesn’t think you are a good target for a scam.

My friend had been messaging and talking with a supposed businessman and philanthropist from Gainesville for two months! They hadn’t met yet. Then he sent her an ad for a charity he runs to make donations to UNICEF. He suggested she might want to make a donation. She knows a lot about fund-raising, and she actually called UNIFEF and confirmed that the supposed charity had never contributed anything at all. Then she researched the company that made the web site for this charity and discovered that making these fake web sites is what it does, all the time. There ARE lots of Villagers on these sites, but be careful.
Uhhh….

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!

Tags
jeweler, long, time, shopped, rings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.