Job for my son

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Default Job for my son

Our son, Bill, is 38 years old. Just laid off from Wal-Mart in PA. He has an associates degree in Communications from community college. After some thought we decided to bring him to FL and hope the job market is better down here. He will be down right after the first of November and I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help him find a full time job. John
Old 10-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Sage

Here's a link that may be a good starting point. Best wishes.

Careers in The Villages
Old 10-15-2014, 04:09 PM

I can't help
Just wanted to wish him good luck
Old 10-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

Disney and Universal. Both are continually in the hiring mode. From the employees at both places who I have talked with, once you are in and get thru your probationary period, you can move into jobs other than the ones you were hired for. In other words, the first job may or may not be great. Later jobs will be better.

For both places, smiling and being positive will increase the odds of being hired.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:04 PM

I worked for Walmart for a few years after retirement for extra spending money. I think your son should be able to get on at Walmart down here. For the years that i worked for Walmart I was a snow bird so I was in TV for 6 months and went back north for six months. I was able to transfer back and forth every year. I worked in The Cincinnati, Ohio market up north and suprisingly the pay scale here in Florida was better with way less taxes. Up north the city, county and state taxed my wages.
Your son should check with his HR office up north and down here to see what they can do for him. DO it fast because the Florida stores are gearing up for the season. He should check with them all around here. He will need to get transfer papers from the Pa. stores to make it easier.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 PM

Unless he wants some construction jobs-which I would think would be fairly easy to find, his best bet might be in Orlando, or even better yet-Jackonsville. I have heard a lot of good things about Jax-ville recently. Good luck..
Old 10-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlongman View Post
Our son, Bill, is 38 years old. Just laid off from Wal-Mart in PA. He has an associates degree in Communications from community college. After some thought we decided to bring him to FL and hope the job market is better down here. He will be down right after the first of November and I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help him find a full time job. John
go on line to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com type in your zip code and the type of job or key words he is looking for and jobs will pop up. Very easy to use. It searches many other search engines and brings them all to one place. No need to even register to use it. Good luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.