johnny rocket

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Default johnny rocket

This is my first post. Just wanted to see if any other folks have had similiar bad experiences at Johnny Rockets at Lake Sumter Landing. One recent afternoon my wife and I went to JR for a late lunch. The girl who seated us was not pleasant and looked like she was doing us a favor .... the food service was also very slow which surprised us because they were not busy at that time. Another incident when grand children were here a couple of weeks ago ... we were seated outside. A half hour after ordering, we were informed that the chicken nuggets for the kids were not available. After receiving menus to reorder, our waiter never got back to us so we got up and left. If JR management does not improve the service, they will be another restaurant that will leave TV. Too bad, it is a prime location and we had pretty good service there last year.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 AM

WHEN they leave, because I don't think your experience is Unique, maybe a business that appreciates the location will move in.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Ongoing issues....

Death, taxes & Johnny Rocket's issues

See this thread!

Johnny Rocket
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Us too. Not great service at JR!

We waited and waited and left. They didn't even miss us. I would like a Steak and Shake there.

No one asked me, but I would.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

The lovely Diane ate there once whilst I was playing golf. She refuses to return. How do they stay open?

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Ditto to everyone's post above. We ate there twice and each time it was a horrible wait time to take our order after we got seated, unfriendly waiter, horrible food. We do not eat at this place period. I too, would like to see a steak and shake right there on the corner.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default ditto again

service is horrible-food is marginal- location is great. Almost any fast food would be an improvement.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

We've eaten there several times....always when it was busy!!! We had great service, food was good and I'd definately go back! Guess we hit it when things were going good! But these were all this past winter and early Spring so wonder why all of you had a bad experience??!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 AM

That's too bad. Most JRs I've frequented (in the distant past) are excellent. Although it isn't an issue for me anymore, I don't eat the artery clogging, heart attack on a plate fare that JR specializes in.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We ate at JR last Saturday afternoon about 4:00. It was a little busy but not bad, two waitresses were handling all the tables while two others (a guy and a girl in uniform) sat at the counter just talking, I figured they must be on break but was strange they were sitting there.

The good: While waiting for our order a Beegees disco song came on and they turned the music very loud and the guy and girl got up from the counter and stood in the middle of the room and started clapping their hands and dancing around, it was pretty cool.

The bad: We had several.

After waiting about 15 minutes for our order, I heard the cook yell 'order up' and watched our food sit at the window for several more minutes while our waitress seated many customers and took a few orders, she seemed totally oblivious to what was going on around her.

After delivering the food I asked the waitress for ketchup for the fries, she came back with a small cardboard dish and was pouring ketchup into the dish as she walked, I thought, that's not a bad idea for dipping. However the bottle was almost empty and she left hardly any ketchup, I asked for some more but she never returned, so I went to the counter and asked another clerk for some ketchup.

My wife had requested mustard on her burgers and they arrived without any, so she asked the waitress. The waitress did finally return with mustard in a small paper cup, but by then she had already finished one slider, and my wife is not a fast eater.

Later I had to ask for my check and when our waitress brought it I asked if I pay at the cashier and she said no, I must pay her. I then noticed that our $12 order had only 70 cents deducted and we had given her a 10% off LSV coupon. She went to the manager and then retured to inform us that my wife's sliders, fries and a drink was on sale and they don't discount sale items.

As I was getting out my money to give her, the manager came over and told her to go outside and start helping. After about five minutes of waiting and she still hadn't returned, I walked to the counter and asked another waitress if she could take my money, she said no, it had to be my waitress. Then after a few more minutes I saw the manager return so I asked him if he could take my money because I wanted to leave. He then went outside and got my waitress who came in and took my money.

Needles to say, Johnny Rockets has gotten the last of my business and in fact, we ate twice at Steak & Shake and it was great, both food and service.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM

I'm glad it wasn't just us! We were there on a weekend to put a deposit on land. We were having a wonderful weekend and decided to go to JRs. It was the dirtiest place we have been in! The tables were not cleaned off, staff was sitting around eating and drinking, and when we paid the bill (after trying to get someone's attention for 15 minutes), she stuffed the cash into an envelope! Guess that wasn't recorded! We will never go back into that place! Hope it changes hands.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We waited and waited and left. They didn't even miss us. I would like a Steak and Shake there.

No one asked me, but I would.
Same experience for us. And I also would love to see Steak and Shake in that location.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

These comments are nothing new regarding JR. I doubt if any residents that have been there go back. Too bad, such a beautiful location.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
These comments are nothing new regarding JR. I doubt if any residents that have been there go back. Too bad, such a beautiful location.
Count us in as one of the unsatisfied also. Same experience as most with poor service, so-so food and poor restaurant conditions. This place would be a great 5 Guys cause the one we have out in Rolling Meadows is packed all the time. Good food, clean and friendly service.
Skip 2
Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default JRs

our experience has been the same all three times we have gone there over the past year. I waited hoping things would get better, but apparantly they didn't. Do you think that anyone is interested in improving this problem,ie: the developed or whover rents and runs the store?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.