Johnny Wild Supper Club

Old 01-22-2024, 02:56 PM
Default Johnny Wild Supper Club

My husband and I went to the Supper Club for the first time yesterday. We enjoyed the music but we were really disappointed with the meal. Not being southerners, we weren't interested in collard greens or grits and plain white rice was not appealing at all. My husband had some catfish and he said that it was dry and overcooked. As a vegetarian, there was nothing there for me to eat except a roll which is what I ended up having for dinner. I found it hard to believe that at a buffet there wasn't even a salad. I think that in order to appeal to the wide range of people who attend the supper club, the menu should be more generic: a salad, a vegetarian pasta dish, some sort of meat and potatoes. One other point: I was horrified that there were no tongs for picking up a roll from the bin. In the age of covid, there is no way that hundreds of hands should be touching food that others will be eating. For the price that we paid for the tickets, we expected a much better meal.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

You go to the Wildwood Community center and call it a supper club?….you want a varied menu?..really?
Old 01-22-2024, 03:25 PM
Default Organizer's response

Quote:
Originally Posted by flewell View Post
My husband and I went to the Supper Club for the first time yesterday. We enjoyed the music but we were really disappointed with the meal. Not being southerners, we weren't interested in collard greens or grits and plain white rice was not appealing at all. My husband had some catfish and he said that it was dry and overcooked. As a vegetarian, there was nothing there for me to eat except a roll which is what I ended up having for dinner. I found it hard to believe that at a buffet there wasn't even a salad. I think that in order to appeal to the wide range of people who attend the supper club, the menu should be more generic: a salad, a vegetarian pasta dish, some sort of meat and potatoes. One other point: I was horrified that there were no tongs for picking up a roll from the bin. In the age of covid, there is no way that hundreds of hands should be touching food that others will be eating. For the price that we paid for the tickets, we expected a much better meal.
As a follow up, I received a very quick reply from the even organizer who agreed with my points and she intends to follow up with the caterer. I really appreciated her professionalism and her support.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:28 PM

I don't call it a supper club, the event organizer does. That is what it is called on the event website: "Johnny Wild Supper Club".
Old 01-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
My husband and I went to the Supper Club for the first time yesterday. We enjoyed the music but we were really disappointed with the meal. Not being southerners, we weren't interested in collard greens or grits and plain white rice was not appealing at all. My husband had some catfish and he said that it was dry and overcooked. As a vegetarian, there was nothing there for me to eat except a roll which is what I ended up having for dinner. I found it hard to believe that at a buffet there wasn't even a salad. I think that in order to appeal to the wide range of people who attend the supper club, the menu should be more generic: a salad, a vegetarian pasta dish, some sort of meat and potatoes.
The buffet menu is posted in advance on the website.

JOHNNY WILD SUPPER CLUB | Johnny Wild

JANUARY 21st-Motown Getdown

Smothered Pork, Fried Catfish, Cheese Grits, White Rice, Collard Greens
Old 01-22-2024, 05:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
That's disgusting!

I'm sorry I chose to read that just before having dinner.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Sounds like the menu is from a resturant in Royal.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-22-2024, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Sounds like the menu is from a resturant in Royal.
That response seems uncalled for. Pretty disrespectful.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:

What?! No hog jowls or possum belly?
Old 01-23-2024, 09:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
What?! No hog jowls or possum belly?
Who needs 'em when they have collard greens and cheese grits?
Old 01-23-2024, 09:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:

The caterers are prepared to accommodate any restrictions within reason, including but not limited to: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, kosher, and allergen-free dishes. Guests were asked to leave a note with any dietary restrictions/preferences when they bought their ticket on the website, so the caterers are prepared ahead of time.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:25 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

wow, $60/ticket, I would certainly expect better
Old 01-24-2024, 05:57 AM

I think the menu sounds delicious, when in the south do as the southerners do!
Old 01-24-2024, 06:09 AM
Default breakfast

Quote:
My husband and I went to the Supper Club for the first time yesterday. We enjoyed the music but we were really disappointed with the meal. Not being southerners, we weren't interested in collard greens or grits and plain white rice was not appealing at all. My husband had some catfish and he said that it was dry and overcooked. As a vegetarian, there was nothing there for me to eat except a roll which is what I ended up having for dinner. I found it hard to believe that at a buffet there wasn't even a salad. I think that in order to appeal to the wide range of people who attend the supper club, the menu should be more generic: a salad, a vegetarian pasta dish, some sort of meat and potatoes. One other point: I was horrified that there were no tongs for picking up a roll from the bin. In the age of covid, there is no way that hundreds of hands should Abe touching food that others will be eating. For the price that we paid for the tickets, we expected a much better meal.
And that is how you learn.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

If you go on the Google for an explanation of a supper club.

How is a supper club different from a restaurant?
Supper clubs focus on creating intimate and exclusive dining experiences, with limited seating, fixed menus, and a warm ambiance. On the other hand, restaurants cater to a larger clientele, offer a wide range of menu choices, and have more flexible operating hours.
What you want is a restaurant with entertainment, not a supper club and call first to see what entertainment they are offering.

Tags
club, supper, vegetarian, roll, husband

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.