Johnny Wild Supper Club

Old 01-24-2024, 01:50 PM

"poor taste"? If you live in Royal you probably think it was more like "hateful"..... I don't live there and I did. Just MHO.

Community of Royal | Sumter County Tourism

Last edited by 4$ALE; 01-24-2024 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

I am interested in the couple of comments about why no tongs to pick up a roll. Explain to me... If I use my hands to pick up a roll I likely touch one roll and there is no contamination from anything I may have on my skin.

But if I use the tongs, every single other person is guaranteed to then come into contact with my germs when they next use the same serving instrument. You are fooling yourself thinking that tongs protect you, in fact they would seem to be a perfect tool for spreading disease. I have no data, it just seems very clear to be the case.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Yes, is everyone supposed to know what "Royal" means? I don't.
Nor do I. What does “Royal” mean, in this case?
Old 01-24-2024, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
Nor do I. What does “Royal” mean, in this case?
Royal is one of Florida’s oldest African American communities.

The only thing worse than the post is the lack of outrage and the fact that it is still on this site.

Fuzzy Zoeller 1997 vs BobNBev 2024 ...... Fuzzy gave a half-ass apology.

Last edited by 4$ALE; 01-24-2024 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 01:17 PM
Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience. We were wondering how it was. We would have been unhappy about the lack of tongs on the buffet line too. Wouldn’t know about that even if we read the menu beforehand
I do understand this concern up to a point. IMHO though, I would rather reach in and grab my personal serving with my bare hand, than using a constantly touched set of tongs to pick up the bread. I don't really imagine other people would toss around the different rolls to make a choice; HOPEFULLY I am wrong there!

Other points in play though, like were there tongs for other items? If so, then you might as well have tongs for the bread too. And of course as a diner you SHOULD fix your plate and THEN wash your hands prior to eating. Washing them before entering the buffet line would be the right thing to do for others, but you cannot rely on the fact that everyone ELSE did that for you.

My wife and I have talked briefly about bringing a single glove for each of us when we attend events that have buffets (like back during COVID times). We probably attend no more than 2 buffet situations per year though. Not sure I worry about the "tongless" bread serving so much.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Royal food = Soul food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4$ALE View Post
Royal is one of Florida’s oldest African American communities.

The only thing worse than the post is the lack of outrage and the fact that it is still on this site.

Fuzzy Zoeller 1997 vs BobNBev 2024 ...... Fuzzy gave a half-ass apology.
always folks playing the race card! how about the german place in Sanford is that offensive? or all the chinese places that offensive? i bet the name of the sports team in Pekin would offend you== they were the Pekin Chinks! ( God forbid!) or how about the street named WHITE CITY Boulevard and guess what it is in the most racially diverse area ! but mostly blacks live on the street! or how about the whole subdivision that the northbound streets are named after union generals, and the southbound streets are named after confederate generals! I could show you so many ethnic terms describing equipment in the electrical line construction business that you could be offended for the rest of your life. get real and understand the whole world not just your own little empire.! lets be obvious, THE VILLAGES is like a white folks Royal! it is what it is

Last edited by Villageshooter; 01-31-2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Sounds like the menu is from a resturant in Royal.
Or any other Southern restaurant. Thank you, Nikki.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:39 PM

Royal is a historic Black town on the other side of 301. I took it as a racial slur.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
always folks playing the race card! how about the german place in Sanford is that offensive? or all the chinese places that offensive? i bet the name of the sports team in Pekin would offend you== they were the Pekin Chinks! ( God forbid!) or how about the street named WHITE CITY Boulevard and guess what it is in the most racially diverse area ! but mostly blacks live on the street! or how about the whole subdivision that the northbound streets are named after union generals, and the southbound streets are named after confederate generals! I could show you so many ethnic terms describing equipment in the electrical line construction business that you could be offended for the rest of your life. get real and understand the whole world not just your own little empire.! lets be obvious, THE VILLAGES is like a white folks Royal! it is what it is
It is Southern food eaten by both whites and blacks. No need to mention Royal. It was a slur as far as I am concerned.

Tags
club, supper, vegetarian, roll, husband

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.