Just curious

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2022, 08:41 AM

Hmmm you have to wonder is the Chinese behind the post like tic-toc
Old 12-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal1 View Post
well if it happened face-to-face or by cell i'd thank them. On-line...meh! A person may or may not thank them. Either way that attitude reeks of virtue signaling. If someone posts something on line and it helps some people i think that's great. I do not expect a thank and am happy to believe i helped someone. There is something wrong if they always expect a thank you. It's like that is the reason when in fact doing something good is really it's own reward.
does that mean i have to give the money back ?
Old 12-05-2022, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The thumbs up /is/ the like button. It's a common symbol in most fora, and on other social media.
"Most"? Not the one's I frequent...

It took me a while to realize it was a "Like" button since the response to clicking on it (a thank) is also odd...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I miss the Crispers get togethers too. Back in 11, 12, 13, and 14 it was a chance to actually get to know other posters. I think it makes it less likely to give or receive a snarky or downright mean reply if you actually know the other posters. Of course there were a lot fewer regular posters in those days. Typically on any thread I would actually know half and more of the posters and that made it fun. A lot of those “old timers” are either gone or decided to pursue other interests.
Crispers was a great place to meet TOTV friends. I started in 2008 when my husband was still working in Ohio. I still have friends from those days. And yes the platform was friendlier and likely our face-to-face meetings helped.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I would surmise that many do not even know that feature exists...

A "LIKE" button would be more appropriate...
i just 'liked' that!!
Old 12-05-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Over the years of using TOTV, I've never paid much attention to "statistics", mine or anyone else's. But recently, due to a comment someone made on a very different subject, but called attention to the "statistics" of the person who made the comment, I noticed them for the first time really. I was surprised to find those who have made literally thousands of posts and been "thanked" thousands of times, but have never (0) thanked anyone ever for a their comment, helpful tip, or post. Could that really be accurate ? Just seemed a bit hard to believe that people on here that many times have never found anything helpful or worth a "thanks" ?? Have no idea, just struck me as very curious was all ! I thought....LOL... are these actually "bots", LOL, so they don't "thank" others, like human beings...LOL ! ? In all seriousness, just seemed strange and never noticed in all the years since they first started this over at Crisper's on Fridays ! BTW, I miss Crisper's...but apparently I'm in the minority for sure...LOL !
Maybe I should start a new post, but isn't the LOL acronym grossly overused by many?
Old 12-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Administrator

We wanted to provide some more content on this post.

1) There are no bots that we run on the website. Since a user would have to be registered and logged into their account to have the 'like' or 'thumbs up' button, we are confident that numbers are actual numbers.

2) The '+' will show you on your specific post who 'liked' or 'thanked' you for the information.

3) The Crispers lunch was very popular. It was most recently being organized by users on the website and not TOTV. TOTV would support and announce the luncheon for the users who were organizing it. There were occasions where TOTV would pay for the entire luncheon. If any users would like to organize this in the future you can reach out to us for support.

Thanks for all your support!

TOTV Team
Old 12-05-2022, 01:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
When you see a plus sign (+) under your post, click on it and it will tell you the ID of the "thanks" or thumbs up that you have on that comment.
Got it. Thank you!!!
Old 12-05-2022, 01:48 PM
Platinum member

In case you come back to this thread the "quick reply" has less options to add to your reply hence "quick". If you want to add font sizes, colours etc... you'll want to hit the "reply" icon.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
In case you come back to this thread the "quick reply" has less options to add to your reply hence "quick". If you want to add font sizes, colours etc... you'll want to hit the "reply" icon.
Also just realized when you do "quick reply" it doesn't add any other posts to your comment. Only "reply" seems to add the post you want to reply to.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The thumbs up /is/ the like button. It's a common symbol in most fora, and on other social media.
Although acceptable,the word fora to me sounds a bit gooney as a plural. I like the plural; FORUMS.

If we all liked the same thing, they would only sell vanilla. And Reeces.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
... I like the plural; FORUMS. ...
Me too, Gracie.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Although acceptable,the word fora to me sounds a bit gooney as a plural. I like the plural; FORUMS.

If we all liked the same thing, they would only sell vanilla. And Reeces.
Although acceptable, the word FORUMS sounds loud and pedestrian. I like the etymologically correct plural; fora.

If we all liked the same thing, they would only sell chocolate. And M&Ms.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Fora or Forums. Call them whatever you want. Hasn’t this nit been picked already?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-05-2022, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
"Most"? Not the one's I frequent...

It took me a while to realize it was a "Like" button since the response to clicking on it (a thank) is also odd...
and can you even see your results? like who did i thank or who thank me?

seems mysterious.

troglodyte guy
Closed Thread

Tags
lol, made, comment, thousands, thanked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.