stolen golf putters at Turtle Mound Practice green

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Default stolen golf putters at Turtle Mound Practice green

I hope that whoever picked up 2 putters today, Monday May 21 around 12:30pm at the Turtle Mound practice green is enjoying them. It is extremely disappointing to live in the “friendliest” home town and have personal property stolen while you are 10 feet away practicing.
If anyone knows the man with a green golf club holder that was at the practice green today, let him know he is a disappointment to humanity.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am skeptical they were stolen. Most people have lots of putters. Most of the time when someone claims their putter is missing it turns up. In the other bag, or it fell out of the cart. Or left on the green.

I don't think anyone stole your putters.

I may be wrong. I hope I'm right.

Try the starter shack tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,568 Times in 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am skeptical they were stolen. Most people have lots of putters. Most of the time when someone claims their putter is missing it turns up. In the other bag, or it fell out of the cart. Or left on the green.

I don't think anyone stole your putters.

I may be wrong. I hope I'm right.

Try the starter shack tomorrow.
Ah, the skepticism. Clubs are taken out of bags and items are taken out of carts more frequently than people want to admit. Unfortunately, thieves move to The Villages also. I don't give them a chance; I lock my bag on with a secure cable-lock cover and nothing is left in the basket or on the dash.

OP, sorry your putters were taken; take my advice and keep your head on a swivel, he will show up there again someday.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Ah, the skepticism. Clubs are taken out of bags and items are taken out of carts more frequently than people want to admit. Unfortunately, thieves move to The Villages also. I don't give them a chance; I lock my bag on with a secure cable-lock cover and nothing is left in the basket or on the dash.

OP, sorry your putters were taken; take my advice and keep your head on a swivel, he will show up there again someday.
OP: I am sorry as well about your putters turning up missing. As does kcrazorbackfan, I use the cable lock cover as well. Most thefts from golf carts, or golf club bags are crimes of opportunity. It doesn't take 1/2 a minute to remove a putter or driver and walk away. I remove the cover when I am at the line waiting for the starter to send us off, and then put it back on at the end of the round before I walk away from my cart.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebarry View Post
I hope that whoever picked up 2 putters today, Monday May 21 around 12:30pm at the Turtle Mound practice green is enjoying them.
If you check with the Starters Shack tomorrow, you may find they picked the putters up.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

If these two guys say "Lock em Up Danno, I'm Locking them up and they haven't left my office in a year. Based on past experience it's 50/50 you get re-clubbed.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:15 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,359 Posts

Hopefully it was a mistake....
Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

Officer. We have discussed this many times on this forum. And many times there was a good outcome.

Honesty at TV Golf Courses
Old 05-22-2018, 10:33 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

I had a gps stolen from my bag. So, surprise surprise there are bad people in The Villages
Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
I had a gps stolen from my bag. So, surprise surprise there are bad people in The Villages
No surprise, there are bad people everywhere.
But in The Villages there are predominantly warm-hearted, positive people who are very honest.
I think that is Gracie's point.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
No surprise, there are bad people everywhere.
But in The Villages there are predominantly warm-hearted, positive people who are very honest.
I think that is Gracie's point.
I couldn't agree more. Bad things happen to good people daily. Mrs. Nucky challenged me to leave our car unlocked in our driveway overnight. Of course I agreed but went out and locked it before bedtime. Safety and eyes in the back of your head are instinctively installed in a person dependent on your job or where you came from. When opportunity meets something bright and shiny you never know what will happen.

I look for the best in everyone, everyone but "Cut The Cards". No dealing from the bottom of the deck.

The OP can have my Putter, its broken anyway.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,335 Times in 390 Posts

Age a factor? When I was going to college I worked part-time in a supermarket in a more than solid middle class area. It was amazing how many shoplifters were caught who were older people. Probably close to 75%. These people were far from poor and they always stole higher priced "luxury" items. I think Macadamia nuts were stolen the most!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Age a factor? When I was going to college I worked part-time in a supermarket in a more than solid middle class area. It was amazing how many shoplifters were caught who were older people. Probably close to 75%. These people were far from poor and they always stole higher priced "luxury" items. I think Macadamia nuts were stolen the most!
Uncle Leo?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Sage

…….///

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-22-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:19 PM

Unfortunately, many golf clubs and other golf equipment is stolen from the community golf courses and practice facilities. A few well placed surveillance cameras outside (as they are inside) the buildings would greatly mitigate the problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, practice, golf, stolen, mound

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.