Just wondering about snowbirds

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Gold member
Default Just wondering about snowbirds

I was wondering how crowded it gets in TV, during the winter months? I was there on a lifestyle tour in may and stopped in again around sept of last year. It did not look crowded but very busy in LSL, which was fine for me. Just have to say that I loved TV and am looking to sell my place VERY soon, and hope to be there some time this year. Right now I am on the sidelines, waiting to get in ,lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Platinum member

Very, very much more crowded! We visited for a month in June and December of 2010 and moved here permanently in May 2011! We were very surprised to see how crowded it has become since the first of this year! I would say it might be pretty bad to deal with if you are in a hurry, but we are retired and in no hurry. We have noticed very long lines at the bars on the squares during happy hour! It's worth it! Come on down!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I was wondering how crowded it gets in TV, during the winter months? I was there on a lifestyle tour in may and stopped in again around sept of last year. It did not look crowded but very busy in LSL, which was fine for me. Just have to say that I loved TV and am looking to sell my place VERY soon, and hope to be there some time this year. Right now I am on the sidelines, waiting to get in ,lol.
The traffic does increase significantly "in season", as well as extra bikers, walkers, and of course golf cart traffic.....An interesting thing to do when stopped at a light in TV with a line of cars is to see how many out of state licenses there are. I've done it sometimes and it usually averages 1 or 2 in maybe 5 cars.....Certainly not a scientific approach but it gives us some idea of what the increase is during the winter..
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Sage

It's crowded. Two examples:
Went to Olive Garden last Sunday, where normally there is no wait or very brief. We waited one full hour to get a table.
I find myself waiting in line at Publix, normally there is never a line.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Sage

Hey Tommy - next time you come to TV, just remember..........bring your checkbook!!!

Bill
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey Tommy - next time you come to TV, just remember..........bring your checkbook!!!

Bill
LOL , wife wanted to, but I said we have to sell our home first. I just didnt want to be caught between two homes, but I am iching to sell
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.