Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2015, 10:31 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Oh, I thought you knew the size when you said it was a small dance floor.
I'm sure the dance floor will be fine. The Villages always does an A-1 job.
Absolutely right, Bonnie.

Does anyone remember the foror over the re-doing of Spanish Springs a few years ago? Posters were sayng the "uneven" brick deck would cause so many falls and broken bones. That has not happened to my knowledge.

The Villages does it's modifications in a very good way and they always look good.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Hard to believe this thread has created 26 pages.
If somebody mentions roping off seats at KB this thread could go to 100 pages!

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 04-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
If somebody mentions roping off seats at KB this thread could go to 100 pages!
Just don't mention dog poop !!!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Cool I'm back ROKINRONDA (remember me) LOL

I have been reading this back and forth discussion and want to point out several things. I go to Katie Belles EVERY WEEK. EVERY WEEK. Do any of you? I have supported this place for over 10 years, consistantly, year-round, have you? Most of you have not. I will tell you all that I have met wonderful, amazing, happy, forever friends and couples as well as well behaved ADULT singles or widows with the same joy of dancing and talented bands that I have.....we are all unhappy....I have not met 1 person that likes this situation except for 2 immediate "FAMILY" FRIENDS or EMPLOYEES....... all I know is that Katie Belles DANCE HALL was our favorite thing to do.....Rocky, Cactus, UBRS, Justin Heet, were followed and always supported the employees by eating dinner while there!!! ...What if they take your softball fields or stop music on the squares, or "free golf"? Would any of you be upset?
So, if Katie Belles Dance Hall has not been on your agenda 50+times per year, for the past 10+ YEARS, your opinion and mine will be different. Why is your opinion more important than mine????? It was a gorgeous building in need of updates because of lack of maintenance....not a loved place of MANY to demolish.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondac View Post
I have been reading this back and forth discussion and want to point out several things. I go to Katie Belles EVERY WEEK. EVERY WEEK. Do any of you? I have supported this place for over 10 years, consistantly, year-round, have you? Most of you have not. I will tell you all that I have met wonderful, amazing, happy, forever friends and couples as well as well behaved ADULT singles or widows with the same joy of dancing and talented bands that I have.....we are all unhappy....I have not met 1 person that likes this situation except for 2 immediate "FAMILY" FRIENDS or EMPLOYEES....... all I know is that Katie Belles DANCE HALL was our favorite thing to do.....Rocky, Cactus, UBRS, Justin Heet, were followed and always supported the employees by eating dinner while there!!! ...What if they take your softball fields or stop music on the squares, or "free golf"? Would any of you be upset?
So, if Katie Belles Dance Hall has not been on your agenda 50+times per year, for the past 10+ YEARS, your opinion and mine will be different. Why is your opinion more important than mine????? It was a gorgeous building in need of updates because of lack of maintenance....not a loved place of MANY to demolish.
WHY do you think that they are changing it? Out of heartless lack of concern? Out of a need to make more money? Because it BADLY needs renovation? Because the Cattle Baron was NOT too hot anymore? Because it changed hands?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Gold member

My vote would be on b - the need to make more money.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
My vote would be on b - the need to make more money.

Why do people want to make money when they go into business?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddigger52 View Post
Katie Belles is a residents only/ guests perk. I think is disgusting that now that the Morse children are in charge the Villages is rapidly moving away from "Americas Friendliest Home Town". They are taking away all the things that make this a "Home Town". First it was the parades, (every home town celebrates with parades) that were removed. Then the parking at the polo grounds for golf carts was charged for instead of free. I understand that this is all because everything is going to private businesses, but the family is responsible for that too. It's becoming all about $$$ and not lifestyle. I appreciate the need for profit but there are limits. The Villages is selling their houses based on lifestlye and supposedly thats why they cost more than other senior developements but we are slowly losing the original vision.
WHAT do you base these statements on? They sold the entertainment department to the people who had run it for years before Gary Morse died. THAT is the reason for the parades change. Now the residents are handling the parades, nicely too.

Why is running in the black ugly?

You do know that the "Morse Children" are real people, still working, even though they have enough money for three lifetimes, keeping their force in jobs, making terribly huge decisions under great pressure and making good ones as far as I can see. I have never met them, but it seems they deserve more respect than they are getting from some residents opposed to large businesses being successful.

Your home is worth far more than it was when you bought it, I would wager and that is nice for you...and for me. AND the reason is that the Morse family is doing a lot of things right.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Sage
Default Katie Belle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Why do people want to make money when they go into business?
Because they're all evil, greedy profiteers! The only really good business owners are those who don't start their business to make money!! Okay...their business may not last long, but they're really good people. [emoji12]
Old 04-16-2015, 04:38 PM

I heard someone once say " Greed is good" or maybe that wasn't the moral of the story?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Because they're all evil, greedy profiteers! The only really good business owners are those who don't start their business to make money!! Okay...their business may not last long, but they're really good people. [emoji12]
Old 04-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

As Navin R. Johnson so famously stated, "Ah, it's a Profit deal".

Old 04-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Thumbs down What?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You mean the ho-ho's ?
Are you kidding me? You do know that EMPLOYEES of CITIZENS bank and other Villages EMPLOYEES have a DREAM CARD to go to this club. and MUCH of what you state is RUMOR, BIASED and FISHING for an argument! Never met the type of person you are referring to.......and do you get away with this baloney because of your question marks after every statement?? This is just wrong....my grandchildren frequent this dance hall.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondac View Post
Are you kidding me? You do know that EMPLOYEES of CITIZENS bank and other Villages EMPLOYEES have a DREAM CARD to go to this club. and MUCH of what you state is RUMOR, BIASED and FISHING for an argument! Never met the type of person you are referring to.......and do you get away with this baloney because of your question marks after every statement?? This is just wrong....my grandchildren frequent this dance hall.
It has been brought up on this forum before. You would have better knowledge of it than me as you are there a lot. I have seen some old guys there who were dancing real close with their very young friends, but..Perhaps they were engaged.

I have no idea if there is any truth to this
Old 04-16-2015, 07:00 PM

We are new to The Villages so we do not have a long history with Katie Belle's but here is our perspective. The food at the cattle barons and Katie Belle's is mediocre at best and the establishment needs a thorough cleaning. Given its' location it has to be a very valuable commercial property. If it is not generating the profits for its' location then there must be a change. It appears to us that the developers are very astute and do things with a lot of class and prethought. So let's see what they bring forward. It just may be a real value to us all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.