Guest ID - Is it necessary?

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2015, 02:21 PM
deestatham
Default Guest ID - Is it necessary?

I don't know what a guest ID is. I'm coming down May 13-23 and wondering if I need this? Do I purchase it somewhere?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Veteran member

A Guest ID is required if you plan on using any of The Villages facilities (e.g. golf courses, swimming pools, recreation centers, Katie Bells, etc.). Your host will be able to obtain one for you for the length of your visit.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:33 PM
deestatham

Thanks, do you know how much? What is Katie Belle's? Thanks!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Platinum member

A guest ID is free. A temporary Villages resident ID is $50.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Don't you own a home here? If you do, ask your sales person how it should be handled if you haven't closed on it yet. If you are renting, your landlord should transfer his ID to you. If you are a guest you must show proof of ID with a photo at one of the regional rec centers, along with you host or hostess..
Old 04-16-2015, 03:07 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Don't you own a home here? If you do, ask your sales person how it should be handled if you haven't closed on it yet. If you are renting, your landlord should transfer his ID to you. If you are a guest you must show proof of ID with a photo at one of the regional rec centers, along with you host or hostess..

No, don't a home there YET. We're moving down in a few months and plan to rent for a year before deciding to stay and purchase a house. The house I'm renting in May is a test drive to see if I like this particular house enough to sign a year long lease.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I see "walking into the water" so to speak instead of jumping in! Smart. We took a big run and jumped into TV almost 10 years ago. We are in our 3rd home---about average "so they say" for The Villages.

You came to the right place----congratulation and enjoy! The landlord should arrange for your Village ID. It cost 50.00 but sometimes they pay for it---sometimes you. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Not exactly. The host/hostess can obtain a guest ID for a guest with only their name, address, and date of birth. The guest does not have to be present for the host/hostess to get a guest ID. The host/hostess must show their Villages ID, obviously, when getting the guest ID. How do I know this? I have done this several times before our guests arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Old 04-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

The guest ID obtained by your home owner is the way to go for now. Should you rent for a year, then it might be a good idea to get a temporary resident ID. Have fun during your visit!!!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Your landlord should get your guest id. If you like it after a month the owner must turn in resident id card to issue you a resident id at the cost of $50.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Not exactly. The host/hostess can obtain a guest ID for a guest with only their name, address, and date of birth. The guest does not have to be present for the host/hostess to get a guest ID. The host/hostess must show their Villages ID, obviously, when getting the guest ID. How do I know this? I have done this several times before our guests arrived.
I couldn't remember because our adult grandchildren have been in the system for years, I thought they had to show their student pass way back then, but I must have remembered wrong.

Dee...If you need anything just message me and please stop by and I would love to have lunch IF you have time.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.