Keurig Coffee Maker

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Default Keurig Coffee Maker

Looking to purchase a Keurig Coffee Maker...so many models...shapes and sizes...do you have one...and what model do you have ? Thanks in advance !!!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Looking to purchase a Keurig Coffee Maker...so many models...shapes and sizes...do you have one...and what model do you have ? Thanks in advance !!!
I don't have one but have also been considering it..........

Our daughter's brother in law brought his to a family dinner and the coffee was quite good....

Plus, the last motel we stayed in had a Keurig in their kitchenette section of our suite
I had never used one before.........but it was pretty easy and for "first cup in the morning" before we went down to breakfast.......it was good.

I was pleasantly surprised. I have no idea what model it was.

I'm sure people (including my husband) would think that buying all those little coffee thingies would be a waste.........but just think how often we dump a pot of leftover coffee.....unless you are not thinking of the single serve type of Keurig??
Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Thumbs up

Quote:
I have had mine for a couple years and I really like it. Mine has 3 different cup sizes and a water reservior. I use mine a lot for a cup of tea in the evening, but it is also good if you just need hot water to make soup or hot choc.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM

We've had our Keurig for at least six years and absolutely love it. Our model is equivalent to the current K65 - three sizes of cups available. It's especially awesome when we have company - everyone gets to have whatever type of coffee or tea they want.

I guess we used to brew awful coffee, because guests (and hubby) would usually leave coffee in the cups to be thrown away. No more waste with the Keurig. Everyone always finishes every drop.

Have fun with your new toy!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

I had the Mr Coffee k-cup brewer. Admittedly it's a basic model but I figured before I spend HUNDREDS I'd try this.

DIDN'T LIKE IT.

Coffee is expensive and if you buy the refillable filter it's bothersome.

I'll stick with my POT!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Default Kureg

I have the small single cup one and have had it for 6 years.
I like it a lot as I can have a fresh cup anytime.
I also order my coffee online through Green Mountain and find it very reasonable.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

I have the Keurig Elite model which has 3 cup sizes. Had heard some bad things like water is never hot enough, etc. Not true. Yes, it is a little more expensive than using a pot, but it works for us. Spouse likes a dark heavy roast and I do not do caffeine. Makes mornings pleasant and no more wasted coffee.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I have both the platinum model (4 or 5 different sizes) for about 4 years and a smaller single size brewer in my office and really love it. While the k-cups can be expensive on a per cup basis, you are paying for the convenience and flexibility of having different coffees available to you. Please note that they do sell an insert to which you can add your own preferred coffee. I actually grind my own coffee beans and make up a fresh travel mug of coffee whenever I like at home. Not only do I get fresh ground coffee (yum!), but the cost per cup is a lot less than the k-cup unit cost (unless you are drinking true Kona coffee that is!). I only use the k-cups in the office, when I am running late, or just feel like having a different coffee flavor.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Platinum member

I had 2 Platinum Keurigs that each lasted just a little beyond their warranty! I now have had a Cuisinart single serve a little over two years and like it better than the Keurigs. Seems a little sturdier! Bought at SAMs Club for about $170
Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Veteran member

the mini is way too small. any of the other models are great. btw, we now fill our own reusable cup. way more cost effective, and the coffee is great. love our keurig!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=aln;713621]I had the Mr Coffee k-cup brewer. Admittedly it's a basic model but I figured before I spend HUNDREDS I'd try this.

I'm with this person on this one! I'm the only coffee drinker in the house so it works great BUT next time will buy one that offers the different size cup options. I would definitely upgrade!!! Making a regular pot, for me, is wasteful if I'm drinking "hot"...but this summer I'm using it to make my own iced coffee. Will go back to the k-cups when it gets cooler out. I wait for sales or purchase them at Sam's.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
I have the Keurig Elite model which has 3 cup sizes. Had heard some bad things like water is never hot enough, etc. Not true. Yes, it is a little more expensive than using a pot, but it works for us. Spouse likes a dark heavy roast and I do not do caffeine. Makes mornings pleasant and no more wasted coffee.
We have three Keurigs because we're lazy, and we hate to drag our Keurig from Florida to Canada, and then to the cottage. They all work fine, no problems. Two are the Elite model, and we have a larger one at our cottage where we have more company. We love them all, and the variety of flavors and the amount of choices. We buy the Keurig cups whenever they're on sale. We're always experimenting.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I had 2 Platinum Keurigs that each lasted just a little beyond their warranty! I now have had a Cuisinart single serve a little over two years and like it better than the Keurigs. Seems a little sturdier! Bought at SAMs Club for about $170
I'm on my fourth Keurig. Each one has malfunctioned. One I took back to Sam's Club a month or so after the cut-off date for their return policy and the lady was nice and let me return it anyway. The one I got to replace it messed up and I called Keurig. A representative talked me through trying to repair the coffee brewer and it didn't work. They sent me a new one. This new one is only a few months old and is starting to leak. In all fairness, we put it to good use and it gets a workout from us, company and neighbors.

I love the coffee and the convenience but I'm seriously thinking I am going to switch to Cuisinart too.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Have one in our Atlanta home, bought one for my office and just bought one for our forever home in TV. Bought the one that has 5 cup sizes.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Sage

As a coffee-holic who loves a cup at any hour of the day, I love my Kurig. Mine has 5 sizes. Strangely enough, I use all of the sizes at least some of the time. On workdays, I use the travel mug (largest) size in the morning, with a extra bold brew.

On non-work days, my first cup is usually in an 12 oz. Tervis cup using the 2nd from the largest cup size and an extra bold brew. I use the middle size and bold brew if I want a cup of coffee mid-day.

If I'm about to go out at night and I need a little pick-me-up, but don't want too much, I use the smallest size with a medium brew or second to smallest size with a bold brew. I like strong coffee.

I use either the smallest or second smallest size for a hot cup of tea, depending on the brew and time of day.

When it comes to coffee, I'm spoiled rotten.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.