Kidnapping story on Villages news

Old 03-16-2024, 03:56 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I don't know who her "friend" is, but she was absolutely useless. She had every opportunity to call 911 or kick him in the jewels. I'm glad I've got friends who would have my back.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
I don't know who her "friend" is, but she was absolutely useless. She had every opportunity to call 911 or kick him in the jewels. I'm glad I've got friends who would have my back.
The only thing you can do in that scenario is call 911. Assault someone and you go to jail. Injure them, you could be sued. The friend should have screamed her head off. I also noticed the next door neighbors' lights did not come on. Maybe, not at home. If I were home, my lights would go on to give the security cameras a better chance of capturing the moment. Without hesitation, I would call 911.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:24 PM

I am a tolerant individual, but not for a man who physically abuses a woman like this.

I note that he was Mr. Tough while roughing up a woman, not so much when dealing with the Sheriff. I hope Justice will be meted out.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
I am a tolerant individual, but not for a man who physically abuses a woman like this.

I note that he was Mr. Tough while roughing up a woman, not so much when dealing with the Sheriff. I hope Justice will be meted out.
Typical coward. Victimizes those less powerful, subservient when dealing with greater power.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
1, it happened very fast
2, had she tried to call 911, she would have probably been punched or worse.
3, it was a hard choice, to call 911, she would have had to run away first, to protect herself, if she leaves then she isn't witnessing, & worse might happen.
4, engaging like a kick as you say, was never on the table.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Since it had a happy ending can we expect to read about it in the happy paper?
Old 03-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
1, it happened very fast
2, had she tried to call 911, she would have probably been punched or worse.
3, it was a hard choice, to call 911, she would have had to run away first, to protect herself, if she leaves then she isn't witnessing, & worse might happen.
4, engaging like a kick as you say, was never on the table.
5. Never associate with a s*#t bag like that in the first place
Old 03-16-2024, 05:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
The only thing you can do in that scenario is call 911. Assault someone and you go to jail. Injure them, you could be sued. The friend should have screamed her head off. I also noticed the next door neighbors' lights did not come on. Maybe, not at home. If I were home, my lights would go on to give the security cameras a better chance of capturing the moment. Without hesitation, I would call 911.
It's totally understandable that you've never been in law enforcement, but anyone with a lick of sense knows that you can legally assault someone who is in the process of felony kidnapping. Sued? That's hilarious. Anyone can be sued for anything. Unlike many pearl clutchers around here, I don't live my life in fear of being sued, and I'm well aware of the laws here.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
5. Never associate with a s*#t bag like that in the first place
Absolutely!!!

But they are chameleons, charming at first & for a while.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Pleasant fellow. As the video warns: explicit language

Looks like you can't trust anybody wearing a "wife beater" shirt.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
It's totally understandable that you've never been in law enforcement, but anyone with a lick of sense knows that you can legally assault someone who is in the process of felony kidnapping. Sued? That's hilarious. Anyone can be sued for anything. Unlike many pearl clutchers around here, I don't live my life in fear of being sued, and I'm well aware of the laws here.
I had a friend who stepped in to help a lady who was being pushed and shoved by a man. He grabbed the man by the shirt and pulled him away. The man sued him for medical bills. Attempted to get $$$$ for pain and suffering. It does happen.

My nephew is a police officer. His department would arrest all who made an assault. Cooling off period so the incident doesn't turn deadly hours later. When people are angry there is no telling what they will do. When they sit, locked up, their demeanor changes. Most are set free after seeing a judge the next day.

Last edited by Randall55; 03-16-2024 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I had a friend who stepped in to help a lady who was being pushed and shoved by a man. He grabbed the man by the shirt and pulled him away. The man sued him for medical bills. Attempted to get $$$$ for pain and suffering. It does happen.

My nephew is a police officer. His department would arrest all who made an assault. Cooling off period so the incident doesn't turn deadly hours later. When people are angry there is no telling what they will do. When they sit, locked up, their demeanor changes. Most are set free after seeing a judge the next day.
In sales, we were never allowed to stop a thief. If you attempted, you would be fired. Pretty much for the same reason. We were not allowed to commit a crime, such as an assault, to stop someone from doing a criminal act. The legality makes no sense to some. But, we were told NEVER attempt to stop a thief. Do not even follow them to the parking lot.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
In sales, we were never allowed to stop a thief. If you attempted, you would be fired. Pretty much for the same reason. We were not allowed to commit a crime, such as an assault, to stop someone from doing a criminal act. The legality makes no sense to some. But, we were told NEVER attempt to stop a thief. Do not even follow them to the parking lot.
Assuming, by sales, you mean retail? I think the major retailers see it as the product can be replaced but not an injured or deceased worker. It’s all about the bottom line $$$
Old 03-16-2024, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Assuming, by sales, you mean retail? I think the major retailers see it as the product can be replaced but not an injured or deceased worker. It’s all about the bottom line $$$
At different times, I sold cars, jewelry, and luxury brand items. Eventually,, I owned a business. We asked why we should not attempt to stop a thief. Your explanation was cited but the one I gave was a reason, as well. Committing a crime to stop a crime is not wise. If police catch the perp, the thief can point fingers and insist on your arrest for causing him real or made up injury. In my store, employees were told to stay away. Call 911 after the thief has left. It is crazy but criminals have rights.

OR! When caught, the thief can twist the story. Show their injury and insist they were simply shopping. The employee of the store grabbed me and I had to run for my life. ( or something similar)

Last edited by margaretmattson; 03-16-2024 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:25 PM

Quote:
He may be lucky, but as it seems he is a repeat abuser, I wouldn't say the women who date him (now & in the future) are so lucky.
I somehow doubt he’ll be dating women in the foreseeable future.

Tags
kidnapping, story, villages, news, ended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.