Kidnapping story on Villages news

Old 03-16-2024, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
The only thing you can do in that scenario is call 911. Assault someone and you go to jail. Injure them, you could be sued. The friend should have screamed her head off. I also noticed the next door neighbors' lights did not come on. Maybe, not at home. If I were home, my lights would go on to give the security cameras a better chance of capturing the moment. Without hesitation, I would call 911.
Maybe you don’t know about the Stand Your Ground law in Florida. He should have looked at the business end of an Sig Sauer by a responsible neighbor.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
The only thing you can do in that scenario is call 911.
Incorrect.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
Anyone know how this ended?

A kidnapping suspect who barricaded himself in a home in The Villages on Friday had been arrested in 2023 after jealous harassment of a woman in the Village of Chatham.

James Savage, 54, was the subject of a manhunt on Friday after allegedly forcing a woman into a Mercedes in the Village of Monarch Grove. The woman was later found safe and Savage barricaded himself in a home on Belhaven Loop in the Village of Chatham, prompting a lengthy standoff with Marion County sheriff’s deputies.

Savage had been arrested last year after harassing a woman who lives on Belhaven Loop.

More on Villages news website
The video looked like an abduction and attempted murder when she refused to enter his car.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:10 AM

For those of you who do not know the kidnapping itself took place in the village of Monarch Grove. Then he proceeded down 301 to the village of Chatham.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:16 AM

I hope he was the owner of the house that got destroyed
Old 03-17-2024, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
Anyone know how this ended?

A kidnapping suspect who barricaded himself in a home in The Villages on Friday had been arrested in 2023 after jealous harassment of a woman in the Village of Chatham.

James Savage, 54, was the subject of a manhunt on Friday after allegedly forcing a woman into a Mercedes in the Village of Monarch Grove. The woman was later found safe and Savage barricaded himself in a home on Belhaven Loop in the Village of Chatham, prompting a lengthy standoff with Marion County sheriff’s deputies.

Savage had been arrested last year after harassing a woman who lives on Belhaven Loop.

More on Villages news website
I’m not sure if the other woman in the video is a friend or not but I sure don’t want her as my back up. She was useless.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_star View Post
pleasant fellow. As the video warns: Explicit language

unbelievable.
Attached Images
unknown-jpeg 
Old 03-17-2024, 05:58 AM

He's a repeat offender and is (far more than) harassing women. This needs to be dealt with. Seriously... He should be on 24 hour watch if he's released. No one and especially women should not feel threatened in this community. "Justice should be served" whether in or out the courtroom for this garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsuallyLurking View Post
As of earlier this morning (around 9), it hadn't ended. Legacy Lane was still being blocked by Marion County sheriffs around this site of the barricaded house.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I hope he was the owner of the house that got destroyed
He wasn't. Older woman "friend" owned it, he has a key. Was on WESH Tv Sat night.
Seems she was reluctant to tell LEOs the guy was there.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
5. Never associate with a s*#t bag like that in the first place
And that is the answer. I am a women, thankfully I have an A.H. antenna and I would never ever let a dirt bag like that near me. It would not take too long to see right through him as soon as he opened his filthy mouth.

Ladies, ladies, ladies, are you really that desperate that you would give this dirt bag five minutes of your time!
Old 03-17-2024, 07:24 AM
Sage

Google his name....he seems to have a history before coming to Florida plus also seems to work the system. Hopefully this time he'll be put away, if not for a very long time. He's dangerous!!
Old 03-17-2024, 07:55 AM
Gold member

It looks like the house he was holed up in in Chatham was damaged pretty severely. From The Villages News:

"An armored vehicle had been used to punch holes in the front door, garage and some windows. The tactical forklift was used to rip out the garage door, after it had been penetrated by the armored vehicle."
Old 03-17-2024, 07:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
In sales, we were never allowed to stop a thief. If you attempted, you would be fired. Pretty much for the same reason. We were not allowed to commit a crime, such as an assault, to stop someone from doing a criminal act. The legality makes no sense to some. But, we were told NEVER attempt to stop a thief. Do not even follow them to the parking lot.
There is a HUGE difference between trying to stop someone from stealing a pair of shoes, versus intervening to save a human life.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
1, it happened very fast
2, had she tried to call 911, she would have probably been punched or worse.
3, it was a hard choice, to call 911, she would have had to run away first, to protect herself, if she leaves then she isn't witnessing, & worse might happen.
4, engaging like a kick as you say, was never on the table.
Her friend absolutely should have run away and called 911. When this guy threw the victim across the ground like a ragdoll, that was enough to know that he was dangerous. There was no point in her sticking around to witness anymore-especially for her own safety-unless she was in a position to stop him.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Since it had a happy ending can we expect to read about it in the happy paper?
Don't know about any "happy paper" ...... but an article and picture were in yesterday's DAILY SUN.

Tags
kidnapping, story, villages, news, ended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.