Kidnapping story on Villages news

Old 03-17-2024, 09:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,106 Times in 752 Posts

If this situation was in Polk County, Grady would have cleaned it all up, about 10 minutes after it started.

https://youtu.be/Kfiopm2EMhY
Old 03-17-2024, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
I don't know who her "friend" is, but she was absolutely useless. She had every opportunity to call 911 or kick him in the jewels. I'm glad I've got friends who would have my back.
That’s exactly what I said! I’m still baffled that there are those who think they can’t jump in or won’t jump in to help save her. That literally could have been her last moments on earth and that “friend” was like “oh well, see ya later.” She was a few steps from her garage, surely there was something in there she could have used to wack him with to pause him long enough for both women to run inside. Good grief.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:00 AM

After several hours we would have gassed the place - just to save all the overtime if for no other reason.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:14 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

[QUOTE=Coop63;2311838]Anyone know how this ended?

A kidnapping suspect who barricaded himself in a home in The Villages on Friday had been arrested in 2023 after jealous harassment of a woman in the Village of Chatham.

James Savage, 54, was the subject of a manhunt on Friday after allegedly forcing a woman into a Mercedes in the Village of Monarch Grove. The woman was later found safe and Savage barricaded himself in a home on Belhaven Loop in the Village of Chatham, prompting a lengthy standoff with Marion County sheriff’s deputies.

Savage had been arrested last year after harassing a woman who lives on Belhaven Loop.

Just check the Daily Sun in the morning, I'm sure it will give you the details (sorry, just couldn't resist). Seriously, IMHO I think there is a GREAT deal more to this story, a great deal more. But of course I could be wrong ! We know that crime is out of control in the V's, and it's getting even worse everyday. Perhaps we have actually come to the point where we could be kidnapped, in broad daylight, while just taking a walk.... but I personally doubt it's gone that far....yet ! Still think a lot was not in the Villages News article. What we do know for sure, The Villages has become a magnet for criminals and ex-cons, and more seem to come everyday. Does not seem all are adult children of residents, seems many many landlords do not care who they rent to, that is another factor that adds to deterioration of the "friendly, caring, culture" the Villages was founded on, though there are still those of us who try to live up to that ideal, who still introduce ourselves to a new neighbor, who do still take home made cookies to greet a new resident, but it's an uphill "battle" to preserve this ambiance ! Who wants to take warm home backed cookies to a convicted child molester ? Not me these days ! No one is more hated than he/she who laments the "old days", but I sure do miss those days !
Old 03-17-2024, 11:21 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
I am a tolerant individual, but not for a man who physically abuses a woman like this.

I note that he was Mr. Tough while roughing up a woman, not so much when dealing with the Sheriff. I hope Justice will be meted out.
Wonder if we could "borrow" Sheriff Grady of Polk county for at least a few months ? In six months he would be able to "discourage" any criminal types from coming to The Villages to hide out ! The Daily S. would not be able to keep ignoring what is happening to our community once he got to "work" on ferreting out the criminal element.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 03-17-2024 at 11:23 AM. Reason: replace a word
Old 03-17-2024, 11:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
The video looked like an abduction and attempted murder when she refused to enter his car.
It certainly did !
Old 03-17-2024, 11:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Typical coward. Victimizes those less powerful, subservient when dealing with greater power.
It's called "sociopath", and in some cases "psychopath", Bundy, power, BTK killer Dennis Rader, etc. All proved to be extreme cowards when faced with equals (especially any males).
Old 03-17-2024, 12:00 PM

Orlando news had updates, over at around 5:00pm Saturday!
Old 03-17-2024, 12:03 PM

One of the other communities across has a resident’s son running around with a knife, threatening other residents. So why pick on The Villages!
Old 03-17-2024, 12:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I hope he was the owner of the house that got destroyed
No, he was visiting a friend. She was not able to get into her house for two days. Her car has broken windows, as well. She will be inconvenienced for some time. I can bet she is not going to help him with a bond to get out of jail.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 03-17-2024 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
Anyone know how this ended?

A kidnapping suspect who barricaded himself in a home in The Villages on Friday had been arrested in 2023 after jealous harassment of a woman in the Village of Chatham.

James Savage, 54, was the subject of a manhunt on Friday after allegedly forcing a woman into a Mercedes in the Village of Monarch Grove. The woman was later found safe and Savage barricaded himself in a home on Belhaven Loop in the Village of Chatham, prompting a lengthy standoff with Marion County sheriff’s deputies.

Savage had been arrested last year after harassing a woman who lives on Belhaven Loop.

More on Villages news website
Sounds like Mr. Savage is living up to his name. I think there is a psychology of names. Obviously he is no Saint. He is a disturbed individual. Judging by the extreme violence of his "throw-down" of that lady, he needs to be charged with attempted murder,
Old 03-17-2024, 12:13 PM

His new address 546 NE 54th Terrace, Sumterville Fla 33521

Last edited by Decadeofdave; 03-17-2024 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-17-2024, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
I don't know who her "friend" is, but she was absolutely useless. She had every opportunity to call 911 or kick him in the jewels. I'm glad I've got friends who would have my back.
It looked like the "other woman" was trying to help. But, the guy, Mr Savage appeared like a deranged, large animal on crack.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
5. Never associate with a s*#t bag like that in the first place
Unfortunately, some women are attracted to "s--m bags". And some men are good at hiding their real personalities when they 1st meet a lady.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
And that is the answer. I am a women, thankfully I have an A.H. antenna and I would never ever let a dirt bag like that near me. It would not take too long to see right through him as soon as he opened his filthy mouth.

Ladies, ladies, ladies, are you really that desperate that you would give this dirt bag five minutes of your time!
I agree women need to be careful. But some of these men don't show who they really are until they are well into the relationship. If you read up on NPD you'll understand how these type of people work.

Tags
kidnapping, story, villages, news, ended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.