Kidnapping story on Villages news

Old 03-17-2024, 01:17 PM

Methinks this story will add fuel to the fire regarding TV’s reputation for “seniors behaving badly” which has already tainted the image of TV (golf cart loofahs, swingers parties, THAT movie) This man is apparently some sort of professional Lothario so there’s also that…
Old 03-17-2024, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
And it took MCSO 24hrs of peacefully negotiating to get the perp to surrender; our negotiations when I was a State Trooper rarely lasted 2 hrs; i guess it’s a newer, kinder way. 👎
The "Peaceful surrender" happened after they gassed him and he decided he'd rather breathe than choke.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
I don't know who her "friend" is, but she was absolutely useless. She had every opportunity to call 911 or kick him in the jewels. I'm glad I've got friends who would have my back.
The initial report I read said he had a gun- No? Also, there are not TWO responses to danger: Fight or Flight- there are THREE: Fight, Flight, and FREEZE. For some reason the Freeze response doesn't get mentioned when saying this well known phrase.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Since it had a happy ending can we expect to read about it in the happy paper?
Why do people criticize the Happy Paper. We've always considered it a Community News Letter. It is unapologetic in presenting helpful information and insight into navigating the complexities of the community and profiling the people in it. It serves a specific purpose and does a good job doing so. Anyone wanting stories on crime doesn't have to look far to get coverage on those stories.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I had a friend who stepped in to help a lady who was being pushed and shoved by a man. He grabbed the man by the shirt and pulled him away. The man sued him for medical bills. Attempted to get $$$$ for pain and suffering. It does happen.

My nephew is a police officer. His department would arrest all who made an assault. Cooling off period so the incident doesn't turn deadly hours later. When people are angry there is no telling what they will do. When they sit, locked up, their demeanor changes. Most are set free after seeing a judge the next day.
. I had a friend who stoped a guy beating a woman in the street, when the cops got there the woman told the cops that my friend started the fight and hit both of them. He ended up in cuffs
Old 03-17-2024, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like that fella has some mental deficiency and was off his med or needs to be put on meds. In any case get him off the streets and keep him off
Old 03-17-2024, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,311 Times in 4,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
In sales, we were never allowed to stop a thief. If you attempted, you would be fired. Pretty much for the same reason. We were not allowed to commit a crime, such as an assault, to stop someone from doing a criminal act. The legality makes no sense to some. But, we were told NEVER attempt to stop a thief. Do not even follow them to the parking lot.
Completely different scenario...

Retail theft is in no way comparable to assault and kidnapping...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 03-17-2024 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
I’m not sure if the other woman in the video is a friend or not but I sure don’t want her as my back up. She was useless.
Cut her some slack. Not everyone is trained in self defense...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2024, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Cut her some slack. Not everyone is trained in self defense...
Plus the guy could have had a knife which can be just as dangerous as a gun.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
And that is the answer. I am a women, thankfully I have an A.H. antenna and I would never ever let a dirt bag like that near me. It would not take too long to see right through him as soon as he opened his filthy mouth.

Ladies, ladies, ladies, are you really that desperate that you would give this dirt bag five minutes of your time!
Are we blaming the victim now?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2024, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Are we blaming the victim now?
Many people don't realize that sociopaths and NPD's will sneak their way into their victim's lives one way or another.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Sounds like that fella has some mental deficiency and was off his med or needs to be put on meds. In any case get him off the streets and keep him off
Apparently this creep was a previously convicted felon.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB444 View Post
I agree women need to be careful. But some of these men don't show who they really are until they are well into the relationship. If you read up on NPD you'll understand how these type of people work.
I know I am hard on women, but it really is possible to see a snake looking for a lonely woman of means. There used to be a guy like this hanging around Glen View bar many years ago and he usually left with a lady. In this age of high tech it is so easy to look someone up on a computer.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I have a long time marriage with a great guy.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I know I am hard on women, but it really is possible to see a snake looking for a lonely woman of means. There used to be a guy like this hanging around Glen View bar many years ago and he usually left with a lady. In this age of high tech it is so easy to look someone up on a computer.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I have a long time marriage with a great guy.
Many sociopaths and NPD's may not necessarily be looking for money. Their motivation is to control and emotionally destroy their victims. They may not have "records" to look up as they may not have ever been arrested for their abuse.

And yes, it's tougher to understand for those that have never been in a situation like that. You are truly blessed.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,109 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Wonder if we could "borrow" Sheriff Grady of Polk county for at least a few months ? In six months he would be able to "discourage" any criminal types from coming to The Villages to hide out ! The Daily S. would not be able to keep ignoring what is happening to our community once he got to "work" on ferreting out the criminal element.
Sheriff Grady Judd is The Man, in Polk Country.

43 Inspiring Sheriff Grady Judd Quotes

When the press asked him why his Deputies fired 110 shots and hit Angilo Freeland (he had shot a Deputy & a K-9) with 68 of them, Grady responded with .... "we ran out of ammunition".

Tags
kidnapping, story, villages, news, ended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.